Iran will find other markets-India-China etc 7 41.18%
This will lower the price for Iranian Oil exports 3 17.65%
Is this a positive step by the West 7 41.18%
Is this a negative step by the West 3 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Slippery dick is vulgar?

That depends on the context. Back in the 60s when I first got married, I was having sex with my wife on a Saturday morning when a couple of old JW ladies knocked on my door. I jumped up, put on a house coat, thinking it was my brother calling. When I unlocked the door and the women said they had come to talk to me about god, I flashed them with a slippery dick and said "that is god". Today I would get arrested for that.
Last edited by Cliffy; Jan 11th, 2012 at 02:17 PM..

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

That depends on the context. Back in the 60s when I first got married, I was having sex with my wife on a Saturday morning when a couple of old JW ladies knocked on my door. I jumped up, put on a house coat, thinking it was my brother calling. When I unlocked the door and fteh women said they had come to talk to me about god, I flashed them with a slippery dick and said "that is god". Today I would get arrested for that.

Not today.

ironsides
Metal Storm - Being tested in Afghanistan now. This is what Iran will face if they continue in the direction they are heading. By the way it is made in Australia.

Future Weapons: Metal Storm : Video : Discovery Channel (external - login to view)

www.spacedaily.com/news/missiles-04v.html (external - login to view)
Last edited by ironsides; Jan 11th, 2012 at 09:35 PM..

earth_as_one
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Closing the Strait of Hormuz doesn't violate the NPT, but I'm pretty sure it'd be viewed as an act of war by much of the world, it's an international waterway vital to the global oil trade. At the very least, it'd be taken as a major provocation justifying the use of force to open it again. There won't be a land invasion, but a short and nasty naval engagement is a strong possibility.

Each nation would have to decide how they would react. I'm pretty sure the US would get additional allies ,so I doubt the Iranians would do this overtly. On the other hand a few floating naval mines of unknown origin would effectively shut down the gulf without a war. That's the most likely method the Iranians would use.

I doubt the Iranians could be stopped from closing the gulf with a short nasty naval engagement. As long as Iran has a coastline, they'll be able to send their little 2 man torpedo boats on suicide missions and fire antiship missiles from their mobile launchers. The US would have to invade and occupy Iran's entire coastline to be effective, which means they'd have to invade and occupy the entire country.

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

The war started with economic sanctions against Iran. Those sanctions are without doubt acts of war.

The US can choose their trading partners and punish anyone who does business with Iran. The UN Charter prohibits signatory countries from engaging in war except 1) as a means of defending themselves against aggression, or 2) unless the UN as a body has given prior approval to the operation.

Actually eao's use of context is legitimate, but you constantly attacking the messenger and not the message is not.

I agree. We should all try to keep debates civil. I'd like to attack more people to this forum. Trolling, personal attacks and other forum rule violating behavior is childish and counter productive.

Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Metal Storm - Being tested in Afghanistan now. This is what Iran will face if they continue in the direction they are heading. By the way it is made in Australia.

Future Weapons: Metal Storm : Video : Discovery Channel (external - login to view)

Metal Storm Part of Team to Deliver 'Thunder and Lightning' to US Navy (external - login to view)

Even this technology can be overwhelmed by sheer numbers of incoming threats. It might take out the first attack, and maybe even the second. But it can't stop a constant barrage of missiles nor can it stop torpedoes. BTW, Iran has super cavitation capable torpedoes.

ironsides
+1
Torpedoes

Torpedoes and the Next Generation of Undersea Weapons (external - login to view)

Supercavitating Torpedo | Popular Science (external - login to view)

Bottom line is Iran does not have a chance, and some new people will be facing the Iranian court system when it is over.
Last edited by ironsides; Jan 12th, 2012 at 09:52 AM..

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Each nation would have to decide how they would react. I'm pretty sure the US would get additional allies ,so I doubt the Iranians would do this overtly. On the other hand a few floating naval mines of unknown origin would effectively shut down the gulf without a war. That's the most likely method the Iranians would use.

I doubt the Iranians could be stopped from closing the gulf with a short nasty naval engagement. As long as Iran has a coastline, they'll be able to send their little 2 man torpedo boats on suicide missions and fire antiship missiles from their mobile launchers. The US would have to invade and occupy Iran's entire coastline to be effective, which means they'd have to invade and occupy the entire country.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Let me put this in context for you.
It will be a nasty and short engaement with the Iranians shxt kicked back 20 years. Iran tried to close the straits during the Iran - Iraq War - Oil still moved - they mined the strait - oil still moved.

Fast attack craft are no match for air power. They cannot outrun an air to surface missile.
NATO - and Arab countries will make very short work of the Iranian assets. Will some targets be hit by Iran -Yes. But technology, anti missile systems have improved greatly.

NATO also has a substantial number of advanced cruise missiles. Consider how many are carried on ships of the 5th fleet. Add in the Arab airpower - naval assets etc.

Next - NATO will also target their oil - gas productions - Ports for exports etc. The country will literally be bankrupted without oil. As to Chinese facilities. They will still be targeted. And oil production will not return to normal for years.

NATO will not put troops on the ground. Though they will also go after Iranian Nuke sites. Including their new one buried inside the mountain.

mentalfloss
Hai guyz I has a question.

Is Irans gunna drops a bomb?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Is Iran's gunna drops a bomb?

If they have enough material, trigger etc. All they have to do is one successful nuke test explosion. Then the equation changes - Saudi will go Nuclear - Iran will be more provocative in their actions.Hezbollah - Hamas will be protected by a nuclear state.

The straits if closed will result in war - No way will the west allow that - war or not.

Yet many think it is Iran's right to go nuclear and do not see the repercussions.

So then we have a war where both sides have nukes, Israel is nervous as hell. Israel would be told to stay out as they did during Gulf War 1 - yet every missile launched by Iran towards Israel would increase the stakes of the war going nuclear.

mentalfloss

If they have enough material, trigger etc. All they have to do is one successful nuke test explosion. Then the equation changes - Saudi will go Nuclear - Iran will be more provocative in their actions.Hezbollah - Hamas will be protected by a nuclear state.

The straits if closed will result in war - No way will the west allow that - war or not.

Yet many think it is Iran's right to go nuclear and do not see the repercussions.

So then we have a war where both sides have nukes, Israel is nervous as hell. Israel would be told to stay out as they did during Gulf War 1 - yet every missile launched by Iran towards Israel would increase the stakes of the war going nuclear.

But will Iran drop ze bomb?

Goober

But will Iran drop ze bomb?

No - But the threat is still there
Go thru the cold war history and find how many times we almost had a nuclear war due to mistakes made.
Now put that into the situation in the Mid East. More wars, more mistakes,and it will do nothing but further destabilize an area not known for stability. And other countries, Sunni will acquire nuclear capability. How does that stabilize a region.

Next - Iran is filled with various factions - one small tactical nuke going off in a Euro or US city. What do you think will happen. How long before retaliation starts.

That question I would be interested in hearing what your opinion would be.

ironsides

Is Irans gunna drops a bomb?

Nope, just threaten too.

Spade
+2
Tom Lehrer - Send the Marines - with intro - widescreen - now on DVD - YouTube (external - login to view)

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Nope, just threaten too.

And nobody else threatens to? The sabre rattlers get more absurd everyday. Goober and his projecting what might happen, Ironside and his love affair with weapons of mass destruction... What would ever happen if we ran out of people to attack? Maybe the Iranian government is nuts, but it takes one to know one.

Spade
Tom Lehrer - Wernher von Braun - with intro - widescreen - now on DVD - YouTube (external - login to view)

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Yeah right. Iran also has nuke cable airliners, transport trucks and tugboats too.

Iran has a right to space program, just like they have a right to a peaceful nuclear program.

I'm a proud patriotic Canadian, but I disagree with getting closer to Israel and encouraging more US conquests. I don't support Canada getting involved in a shooting war with Iran. The middle east's problems aren't our business.

If Iran shuts down the Persian gulf, Canada as an energy exporter would benefit. Please explain why Canadians should get their panties in a knot over higher global energy prices...

In time of war Canada is obliged under treaty to supply oil to the USA and that war effort even if Canadians go without. Something like that.

And nobody else threatens to? The sabre rattlers get more absurd everyday. Goober and his projecting what might happen, Ironside and his love affair with weapons of mass destruction... What would ever happen if we ran out of people to attack? Maybe the Iranian government is nuts, but it takes one to know one.

You're not forgetting the domestic supply of people who can be designated attackable with a pen or just push submit if you're using an office PC, which you would probably be using. Pens are soo yesterday. A lot of the real action is right here on this continent. Christians for instance or Latinos or Caughkasians it dosn't really matter as long as there's enough of them to stampede into radicalism like protest and organic gardening or the abortion issue. We would hear very little from the outside world then. We would probably believe that nothing bad happened over there until the chickens started to die from radiation poisoning over here.
Last edited by darkbeaver; Jan 12th, 2012 at 12:52 PM..

MHz

In time of war Canada is obliged under treaty to supply oil to the USA and that war effort even if Canadians go without. Something like that.

I believe the term 'national emergency' is the generic term used as such it could be anything including a natural disaster or even perceived threat, like the Persian Gulf being closed. With all of them on war rations I wonder who the oil will be for, resale like Quebec did with some Hydro that crossed their land?

Goober
+1

What did you say yesterday about attacking the message and not the messenger. Problem computing facts today in the Matrix??

Cliffy

What did you say yesterday about attacking the message and not the messenger. Problem computing facts today in the Matrix??

When someone keeps spouting paranoid delusions, do we try to solve the general problem of paranoia or do we address the one spouting paranoid delusions? I think what you continually spout about Iran is a problem that only you can deal with. Smoke some pot and mellow out dude.

Goober

When someone keeps spouting paranoid delusions, do we try to solve the general problem of paranoia or do we address the one spouting paranoid delusions? I think what you continually spout about Iran is a problem that only you can deal with. Smoke some pot and mellow out dude.

Paranoid delusions. Well it appears that many people are nervous as hell about Iran with or with the ability to produce a Nuke.
Add in the regime is full of nutbars that run the Gamut from real religious wackos tp those that think they know where the Hidden Imam is.

And if being nervous about these wackos is now called paranoia. Then I have no problem with that term.

Please explain all benefits with Iran having nukes. Or can you? May cause a chip in that old Matrix to fry or chip.

ironsides

Cliffy, You will never understand, just enjoy what you have.

Cliffy

Paranoid delusions. Well it appears that many people are nervous as hell about Iran with or with the ability to produce a Nuke.
Add in the regime is full of nutbars that run the Gamut from real religious wackos tp those that think they know where the Hidden Imam is.

And if being nervous about these wackos is now called paranoia. Then I have no problem with that term.

Please explain all benefits with Iran having nukes. Or can you? May cause a chip in that old Matrix to fry or chip.

There are religious nut bars everywhere, in every country, in every government. There a ton of crack pots who think they know what god wants in our own country and in every country that has nukes. You are not paranoid about them. Why the hell get your balls in a know about Iranians? Iran hasn't attacked anybody. The US, Britain, France and many others with nukes have. What really makes you so crazy about Iran?

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

I believe the term 'national emergency' is the generic term used as such it could be anything including a natural disaster or even perceived threat, like the Persian Gulf being closed. With all of them on war rations I wonder who the oil will be for, resale like Quebec did with some Hydro that crossed their land?

In a war like seems to be starting the Pentagon will consume twice what it does now I would think. When uncle sam gets desperate he will suck Canada Dry for the war effort.

Goober

There are religious nut bars everywhere, in every country, in every government. There a ton of crack pots who think they know what god wants in our own country and in every country that has nukes. You are not paranoid about them. Why the hell get your balls in a know about Iranians? Iran hasn't attacked anybody. The US, Britain, France and many others with nukes have. What really makes you so crazy about Iran?

The US was the only country to use Nukes in War Time - Please tell me where the UK, France and many other have used Nukes in War. That statement sounds like one my good friend and buddy EAO, or was that a typo?

We have a different way of seeing things. Would make a Nuke War in the region a higher probability

Spade
The American marines' pissing on the dead, places our military in the region at risk and nullifies much valid criticism of the crazies in the Middle East.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

The American marines' pissing on the dead, places our military in the region at risk and nullifies much valid criticism of the crazies in the Middle East.

The Taliban made a statement today, that it was no big deal basically - As both sides are talking - About time.

Lastly - Any foreign troops - Translation - US -UK - NATO - are all at risk even in areas where the US has ships stationed.

Cliffy

The US was the only country to use Nukes in War Time - Please tell me where the UK, France and many other have used Nukes in War. That statement sounds like one my good friend and buddy EAO, or was that a typo?

We have a different way of seeing things. Would make a Nuke War in the region a higher probability

I guess I wasn't clear enough. NATO countries with nukes, have attacked other countries (but did not use nukes). Iran has not attacked anybody, with or without nukes. Why do you Really have a hard on for Iran?

MHz

As both sides are talking - About time.

The Taliban had a whirlwind tour of Texas not long before 9/11, the Taliban turned down whatever they were offered.

In a war like seems to be starting the Pentagon will consume twice what it does now I would think. When uncle sam gets desperate he will suck Canada Dry for the war effort.

Being in the heart of OPEC do they really have to run home when they need their fuel tanks filled?

Goober

I guess I wasn't clear enough. NATO countries with nukes, have attacked other countries (but did not use nukes). Iran has not attacked anybody, with or without nukes. Why do you Really have a hard on for Iran?

I have stated time and again why I am against Iran with a Nuke Wpns capacity. Go back and catch up.

Cliffy
+1

I have stated time and again why I am against Iran with a Nuke Wpns capacity. Go back and catch up.

The reasons you have presented make no sense when put up against the fact the people who have nukes, attack other countries, and Iran, who don't and may not ever have nukes because so far all that has been presented is speculation and innuendo, has not attacked anybody. It is illogical and irrational to get your balls in a knot over them. So I'm questioning your Real motive. Something does not add up.

Goober

The reasons you have presented make no sense when put up against the fact the people who have nukes, attack other countries, and Iran, who don't and may not ever have nukes because so far all that has been presented is speculation and innuendo, has not attacked anybody. It is illogical to get your balls in a knot over them. So I'm questioning your Real motive. Something does not add up.

What does not add up is your inability to see the region and what and how other countries will react to a Nuke capable Iran.