Philip home from hospital

JLM
Pretty tough old curmudgeon, don't you think?

Walter
We should all be so lucky to live such a long and full life.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

We should all be so lucky to live such a long and full life.

More to it than luck, I believe that most of those who really want to can!

TenPenny
+1 / -1
#4  Top Rated Post
Miserable old **** that he is, I'm sure he taught Charles how to be a devoted husband.

Walter
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Miserable old **** that he is, I'm sure he taught Charles how to be a devoted husband.

What a stupid comment; the prince has been married to the same woman for 64 years. Actions speak louder than words. Daft.

coldstream
He looks pretty spry for 90.. has some more kicks in him i'd reckon.

talloola
he has always been a very tough guy, and he isn't about to stop now, keep it going philip,
its inspiring to all of us.

my husband plays pool every morning thru the week, and he picks up a friend, who is 94, drives
him to the pool room, and 'he' is tough too, plays pool very well, has a great sense of humour,
hates to lose, grumbles about it, says he might be starting to get old and maybe he should quit
pool, but he's back the next day.

its wonderful to see. his memory is great, talks about his life. He use to be a tracker up in
the interior of b.c. for many years, lived in a cabin, travelled by foot all over the place in
the snow and such, and has great stories.

we hear too much about the illnesses that take people down, but not enough about the healthy old
people, they are all over the place, and doing just fine.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

What a stupid comment; the prince has been married to the same woman for 64 years. Actions speak louder than words. Daft.

Being married does not have anything to do with fidelity.

Daft.

JLM
+1

Being married does not have anything to do with fidelity.

Daft.

No, but for 64 years it does!

Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

he has always been a very tough guy, and he isn't about to stop now, keep it going philip,
its inspiring to all of us.

my husband plays pool every morning thru the week, and he picks up a friend, who is 94, drives
him to the pool room, and 'he' is tough too, plays pool very well, has a great sense of humour,
hates to lose, grumbles about it, says he might be starting to get old and maybe he should quit
pool, but he's back the next day.

its wonderful to see. his memory is great, talks about his life. He use to be a tracker up in
the interior of b.c. for many years, lived in a cabin, travelled by foot all over the place in
the snow and such, and has great stories.

we hear too much about the illnesses that take people down, but not enough about the healthy old
people, they are all over the place, and doing just fine.

Good post Talloola, gives me hope that my daily walks will pay off by the time I'm 94.

Colpy
Poor bugger missed the traditional Boxing Day Peasant Shoot.......

Or was that Pheasant?????

Actually, I kinda like the old dude.

Or was that Duke???

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Poor bugger missed the traditional Boxing Day Peasant Shoot.......

Or was that Pheasant?????

Actually, I kinda like the old dude.

Or was that Duke???

I remember one incident years ago he was at an event where there was a news crew and when he felt they were getting a little too nosy he grabbed a sprinker nearby that was turned on and gave their camera a good soaking.

eh1eh
Oh dear. I thought he was dead already. Pretty long thread even so.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Oh dear. I thought he was dead already. Pretty long thread even so.

Would you be happier if he was?

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Would you be happier if he was?

Really, you asked that? I guess you don't get to 21,000 posts by simply sitting back and enjoying comedy.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Really, you asked that? I guess you don't get to 21,000 posts by simply sitting back and enjoying comedy.

No but you can get there by providing it.

eh1eh

No but you can get there by providing it.

Can't do it I guess. I'll have to let this video of Phillip do the talking.

Goober
+1

Pretty tough old curmudgeon, don't you think?

I talked to soldiers over the years that had the pleasure of driving him and other duties. To a man they agreed, he was one ignorant MoFuk.

In Between Man
Glad to hear the 'ol boy is out of the hospital. Here's to many more Christmases for him...

TenPenny
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

I talked to soldiers over the years that had the pleasure of driving him and other duties. To a man they agreed, he was one ignorant MoFuk.

Everything I've read about him is that he's ignorant, cold, and all around a miserable bastard.

JLM

Everything I've read about him is that he's ignorant, cold, and all around a miserable bastard.

With the kids he has it's little wonder!

You don't get to 90 being a wuss!

Goober
+1

You don't get to 90 being a wuss!

He was like that 40 and 50 years ago. Having manners and courtesy is not being a Wuss. he was a miserable Ckskr

TenPenny

I think you have cause and effect mixed up.

jwmcq625
You know what? It shows how these Royals hold themselves as compared to the rest of humanity.I myself have had the sae number of numbber exact same Angioplasties done 5 times and I was sent home from hospital at most, the next day. So tell me again why his *** is in hospital for 4 days?
Last edited by jwmcq625; Dec 28th, 2011 at 12:17 AM..

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by jwmcq625View Post

You know what? It shows how these Royals hold themselves as compared to the rest of humanity.I myself have had the sae number of numbber exact same Angioplasties done 5 times and I was sent home from hospital at most, the next day. So tell me again why his *** is in hospital for 4 days?

Are you 90 years old? His time in hospital may not have been his decision. I think it has more to do with someone being afraid of getting headlines in the press or getting his *** sued.

talloola

Are you 90 years old? His time in hospital may not have been his decision. I think it has more to do with someone being afraid of getting headlines in the press or getting his *** sued.

were you in england in the hospital, and how do you know exactly what his procedure was, and just how
his condition is, and were you 90 when it was done?

JLM

were you in england in the hospital, and how do you know exactly what his procedure was, and just how

My sentiments exactly.

TenPenny
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by jwmcq625View Post

When you're 90, revisit this question, and let us know if you're still a fuktard.

JLM

When you're 90, revisit this question, and let us know if you're still a fuktard.

Is there a reason to be an A$$hole about it?

Blackleaf
+1

Everything you've heard about him is wrong.

He was in hospital so long because of his age. He is 90. At his age it is sometimes necessary to stay in hospital for longer than a younger person who has had the same operation. And he didn't want to stay in hospital. He was desperate to be at Sandringham with his family over Christmas and would have hated being away from them on Christmas Day. It was the first time he and the Queen had been apart on Christmas Day since 1956.

The operation was to remove a blocked artery which had been causing him chest pains. He had a coronary stent fitted.

JLM
You have it right, Blackleaf, I think. These posts from posters relaying other peoples' opinions are a prime method of generating and sustaining gossip- that sh*t is alright for Saddam and Kadaffy, but to my knowledge the Duke has never done anything to harm anyone in a serious way. Perhaps pissed off a lot of people in competitions!