The European Union is now blocking importation of lethal injection technology into th

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Why America's Death Penalty Just Got Us Sanctioned by Europe - Ford Vox - International - The Atlantic

The European Union is now blocking importation of lethal injection technology into the United States

With its legislation this week limiting our access to the drugs we use to kill one another, the European Union has just proven that if America is still a superpower, that designation must carry a prominent asterisk for how easily we're humbled these days. The EU is now blocking importation of technology into the United States that we cannot be trusted to use properly. As widely reported yesterday, the EU is cutting off our supply to the drugs we use for lethal injections, some of which we no longer have the capacity to manufacture domestically:
The European Commission has imposed tough new restrictions on the export of anaesthetics used to execute people in the US, in a move that will exacerbate the already extreme shortage of the drugs in many of the 34 states that still practice the death penalty.

The EC has added eight barbiturates to its list of restricted products that are tightly controlled on the grounds that they may be used for "capital punishment, torture or other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment". The eight include pentobarbital and sodium thiopental - the two drugs on which almost all American executions currently depend. (Source: The Guardian)

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Why America's Death Penalty Just Got Us Sanctioned by Europe - Ford Vox - International - The Atlantic

The European Union is now blocking importation of lethal injection technology into the United States

With its legislation this week limiting our access to the drugs we use to kill one another, the European Union has just proven that if America is still a superpower, that designation must carry a prominent asterisk for how easily we're humbled these days. The EU is now blocking importation of technology into the United States that we cannot be trusted to use properly. As widely reported yesterday, the EU is cutting off our supply to the drugs we use for lethal injections, some of which we no longer have the capacity to manufacture domestically:
The European Commission has imposed tough new restrictions on the export of anaesthetics used to execute people in the US, in a move that will exacerbate the already extreme shortage of the drugs in many of the 34 states that still practice the death penalty.

The EC has added eight barbiturates to its list of restricted products that are tightly controlled on the grounds that they may be used for "capital punishment, torture or other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment". The eight include pentobarbital and sodium thiopental - the two drugs on which almost all American executions currently depend. (Source: The Guardian)

Uhh... is the EU saying they think our leaders are nuts?

Does that means they are not really puppets of a New World Order, meaning they will not be simply under pressure of the big eye.

Here's the dream I had about the big eye.

I was eight years old.

I dreamed that I was part of an expedition to explore the pyramids of Egypt.

I dreamed that the night before the expedition I saw a lizard sneak into my backpack.

I dreamed that the next day in order to crack through the pyramid we had to go through seven states of hell. Some were called fear. Some were called hate.

At the end I saw the lizard pop out of my pack and become a strange big eye. One of it's eyes expanded to look over the whole world, with a little lizard body withered behind it. It had the IQ of a lizard, but had all sight. Under it, everyone had to behave with perfect social propriety as required by the system of a lizard. Then I woke up.

I am so sick and tired of pathetic little demons telling me how they can take care when they don't, when in fact we are the ones to take care of them and stop them from going to hell. Okay, maybe we're going to call it a zoo. A demon zoo. It's cheaper, and what do you want? Efforts of fighting against the black pit of entropy to be recorded in exchange for hashbrowns, or we can haul out a bunch of demons.

Last edited:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
The EU is well within their rights to not sell whatever they want to the US. The US doesn't really need the drug anyway. Some states have started using the same drugs used to euthanize animals in executions with success.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Er, wouldn't a bullet do just as well?

The European Union is NOT blocking "Importation". It is blocking 'Export". They are VERY different things.

It's blocking importation to the US, but not exportation from the EU.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
In Utah that works.

It's probably more humane too. I'd personally rather end it quick with a bullet straight to my heart rather than via a slow agonizing death through poison.

Or at least give me the choice. It would be the least you could do for a person sentenced to death.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It's probably more humane too. I'd personally rather end it quick with a bullet straight to my heart rather than via a slow agonizing death through poison.

Or at least give me the choice. It would be the least you could do for a person sentenced to death.

True. I'd be a bit nervous with a firing squad though. They've been known to screw up, sometimes quite badly. The Soviets had the right idea with a bullet to the back of the head. You can't screw that up.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
True. I'd be a bit nervous with a firing squad though. They've been known to screw up, sometimes quite badly. The Soviets had the right idea with a bullet to the back of the head. You can't screw that up.

How can a Regimental firing squad screw up? It would be short of miraculous for each of the bullets of a professionally trained firing squad to miss!

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
How can a Regimental firing squad screw up? It would be short of miraculous for each of the bullets of a professionally trained firing squad to miss!

The problem are the individual people who can and have on occasion chosen to miss the target. Or simply missed by accident.

Utah History to Go

"
In September 1951, Eliseo J. Mares became the second condemned man to suffer the consequences of a botched execution.
Mares was the first prisoner to be put to death in the new prison at the Point of the Mountain. The old penitentiary in Sugar House had been the execution site since 1900; before then the sentences were carried out in counties where the crime took place.
When Mares was shot, newspaper stories carried the barest of details. Not until 25 years later, in a reminiscence by one of the witnesses, Salt Lake Tribune reporter Clark Lobb, was it disclosed that Mares "died silently and horribly." Two of the four bullets fired from 15 feet away struck Mares in the hip and abdomen. It was several minutes before the prisoner was declared dead."

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Seeing that an average regiment has at least a few hundred soldiers, there'd be no way of missing except by miracle.

As for the case in 1951, even with only for shooters aiming from 15 feet away, unless there was some technical malfunction with each of the rifles (again, an incredible coincidence), it would next to impossible without intent to miss, which of course ought to be investigated and would of course be criminal on teh part of the shooters.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yee haw...any one else have any ideas how we can kill people? Nothin like talkin bout killin on Christ's Birthday.