Geurgis Sues

mentalfloss
+1
#2
Last edited by mentalfloss; Dec 22nd, 2011 at 06:25 PM..
 
Spade
+1
#3
And to all partisans, everywhere!
 
mentalfloss
#4
Partisan?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

The George Bush Society - YouTube

 
Spade
#5
Guergis's Statement of Claim (external - login to view)
 
Goober
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Partisan?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

The George Bush Society - YouTube

Your left shoe is in need of a lift.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+4
#7  Top Rated Post
I wonder if she'll be suing the Liberal Party and former leader Michael Ignatieff for demanding that she be dumped. That is before he backpedaled and viewed her as a victim.
 
mentalfloss
#8
I wonder if she'll be <insert Liberal dodge manoeuvre>.

 
Colpy
#9
The simple fact is she was elected to Parliament.......and Stephen Harper did not have the power to remove her from that job.

What Harper did was challenge one of his own at the first whiff of corruption.....that is a good thing, although he may have jumped the gun.....he DOES have the power to decide who does, or does not, sit in caucus.

The courts have no place in this.
 
gerryh
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

The simple fact is she was elected to Parliament.......and Stephen Harper did not have the power to remove her from that job.

What Harper did was challenge one of his own at the first whiff of corruption.....that is a good thing, although he may have jumped the gun.....he DOES have the power to decide who does, or does not, sit in caucus.

The courts have no place in this.


You did read her statement of claim, right? She has every right to sue.
 
Colpy
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

You did read her statement of claim, right? She has every right to sue.

Actually, no I didn't.

And of course she has every right to sue.

She should lose, is the point.

I'm back to say I just read the CBC article....what....she thinks the Party has no right to deny her the nomination?

ridiculous

She expected Harper et al to wait until after an investigation to dump her? In the political arena?

Ridiculous.

preposterous.

without merit.

It should be thrown out on first contact with a judge.
Last edited by Colpy; Dec 23rd, 2011 at 12:17 AM..
 
gerryh
+1
#12
IMNSHO, there is some merit in it. They ruined her political career over false accusations. Sue their frickin asses off.
 
Colpy
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

IMNSHO, there is some merit in it. They ruined her political career over false accusations. Sue their frickin asses off.

To me, the point of the matter is they didn't fire her.....the people fired her.

In My Not So Humble Opinion???
 
gerryh
+2
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

To me, the point of the matter is they didn't fire her.....the people fired her.

In My Not So Humble Opinion???


The people fired her based on the false and malicious comments and reports coming out of the PMO.

and yes, In My Not So Humble Opinion. lol
 
Tonington
+2
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

To me, the point of the matter is they didn't fire her.....the people fired her.

You really ought to read her statement of claims. The point of the matter is what she claims, not what you think is important.
 
mentalfloss
#16
Smells like defamation to me!
 
CDNBear
+1
#17
I hope she wins.
 
mentalfloss
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I hope she wins.

Malewsky was saying that she'll have a tough time because this will basically come down to 'he said, she said'. It should be an interesting trial nonetheless.
 
JLM
+2
#19
If there is a settlement I would hope it comes off Harper's pay cheque, not our taxes!
 
mentalfloss
+1
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

If there is a settlement I would hope it comes off Harper's pay cheque, not our taxes!

Aren't they one and the same anyway?
 
JLM
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Aren't they one and the same anyway?

Not quite, one way it directly affects Harper, the other it affects everyone in the country but Harper!
 
captain morgan
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

I wonder if she'll be <insert Liberal dodge manoeuvre>.


Insert:

"Accepting hard cash from the Liberal Party in plain, brown paper bags"
 
mentalfloss
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Insert:

"Accepting hard cash from the Liberal Party in plain, brown paper bags"

Yea, because the Liberals have tons of cash right now, lol
 
captain morgan
#24
They have proven their expertise at stealing the funds.. Don't let the fact that they have no cash preclude that option.
 
mentalfloss
+2
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

They have proven their expertise at stealing the funds.. Don't let the fact that they have no cash preclude that option.

There are known unknowns and there are unknown unknowns and then there are unknown gnome unknown knowns.
 
CDNBear
+3
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

There are known unknowns and there are unknown unknowns and then there are unknown gnome unknown knowns.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the saddest 7secs in Canadian political history.

former prime minister jean chretien explains - YouTube

 
mentalfloss
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the saddest 7secs in Canadian political history.

former prime minister jean chretien explains - YouTube

Poor guy.

Anyway, this thread needs more hookers and blow.

bitches leave scene from ROBOCOP - YouTube

 
Spade
#28
Some background
 
Goober
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Some background

Such a pleasant woman. Why the Airport Security Staff in Charlottetown are anxious for her next visit. That is on the rumor net so it has good legs ya know.
After all rumors are often facts dressed up in camouflage.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

I wonder if she'll be <insert Liberal dodge manoeuvre>.

Haha <insert Mentalfloss Propaganda>

I could care less whether the Elena the Regurgitator sues or not. She is an A Hole and should have been fired after her antics in the PEI airport. Nevermind that Harper caved to the calls by the opposition to fire her.
 

Similar Threads

2
Former AIG CEO sues the Fed for $25 billion
by Tonington | Nov 28th, 2011
17
By George! They're After Geurgis Again!
by Spade | Nov 12th, 2010
9
German sues for CIA extradition
by Praxius | Jun 11th, 2008
0
no new posts