mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Last edited:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I wonder if she'll be suing the Liberal Party and former leader Michael Ignatieff for demanding that she be dumped. That is before he backpedaled and viewed her as a victim.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The simple fact is she was elected to Parliament.......and Stephen Harper did not have the power to remove her from that job.

What Harper did was challenge one of his own at the first whiff of corruption.....that is a good thing, although he may have jumped the gun.....he DOES have the power to decide who does, or does not, sit in caucus.

The courts have no place in this.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The simple fact is she was elected to Parliament.......and Stephen Harper did not have the power to remove her from that job.

What Harper did was challenge one of his own at the first whiff of corruption.....that is a good thing, although he may have jumped the gun.....he DOES have the power to decide who does, or does not, sit in caucus.

The courts have no place in this.

You did read her statement of claim, right? She has every right to sue.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You did read her statement of claim, right? She has every right to sue.

Actually, no I didn't.

And of course she has every right to sue.

She should lose, is the point.

I'm back to say I just read the CBC article....what....she thinks the Party has no right to deny her the nomination?

ridiculous

She expected Harper et al to wait until after an investigation to dump her? In the political arena?

Ridiculous.

preposterous.

without merit.

It should be thrown out on first contact with a judge.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
IMNSHO, there is some merit in it. They ruined her political career over false accusations. Sue their frickin asses off.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
To me, the point of the matter is they didn't fire her.....the people fired her.

In My Not So Humble Opinion??? :)

The people fired her based on the false and malicious comments and reports coming out of the PMO.

and yes, In My Not So Humble Opinion. lol

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
To me, the point of the matter is they didn't fire her.....the people fired her.

You really ought to read her statement of claims. The point of the matter is what she claims, not what you think is important.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If there is a settlement I would hope it comes off Harper's pay cheque, not our taxes! :smile: