1,100 Yr Old Mayan ruins found.

Ocean Breeze
.1,100-year-old Mayan ruins found in North Georgia

1,100-year-old Mayan ruins found in North Georgia | The Raw Story (external - login to view)

CDNBear
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
Great post OB.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

.1,100-year-old Mayan ruins found in North Georgia

1,100-year-old Mayan ruins found in North Georgia | The Raw Story (external - login to view)

Yes, an excellent post. Amazing what we are learning. i was listening to an archaeologist who stated that cities as large as 100 k or more have yet to be found in the Amazon. It is only a matter of time. Many had never considered the Amazon could support such large cities. But consider the wealth of fish, animals, water, rich soil.

bill barilko
No artifacts of any kind equate BUNK

petros
Who ruined it?

Spade
Also in the blogosphere, there was a story of a multi-vehicle crash in Transylvania. Transylvanian Red Cross was appealing for blood to meet this emergency.

taxslave
+1
Interesting. That would indicate a mayan influence in my Cherokee ancestors. Perhaps this is how Cherokee learned how to farm.

Spade
I have yet to find a credible account of this "find."

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

You're a spade aren't you?

Goober
+1

As a Spade, keep digging.

Ocean Breeze
+1
1100-Year-Old Maya Ruins Found In North Georgia | Drudge Retort (external - login to view)

..another source.

www.examiner.com/architecture...ia-s-mountains (external - login to view)

and another.

what source in your mind would be 'credible? '

So far it is a news item. An professional archeologists site might have more of what you are looking for. If I come across one, shall let you know.

bill barilko
+1
OK OK I was wrong-this is one of the images found engraved on thousand year old stones-must be authentic

Bar Sinister
I'm not sure how much credibility the article has considering that the picture shows the famous Aztec calendar stone. That could just be some reporter using an archival pic and not knowing what it was. It would be a very interesting discovery if it were accurate. This article seems to be a bit more scientific. Massive 1,100+ year old Maya site discovered in Georgia's mountains - National Architecture & Design | Examiner.com (external - login to view)

I checked out the University of Georgia archeologist Mark Williams and he seems to be an accredited archeologist, so there may be something to the story.

Spade
I am sorry I am sceptical..
Examiner.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

bill barilko
+1
Lots of informed comment here The Hall of Maat :: Ancient History :: The land of the Maya (Georgia,North carolina,Alabama,Mississippi) Florida (external - login to view)

spaminator
+1
i wonder if they mayans in north georgia spoke with a southern accent?

darkbeaver
+1
Looks like the same terraces everybody had in those days as for the artifacts long distance large scale trade was common throughout both American continents. Columbus was a thieving prick.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Looks like the same terraces everybody had in those days as for the artifacts long distance large scale trade was common throughout both American continents. Columbus was a thieving prick.

Yes, Italian Mafia working for the Spanish.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

i wonder if they mayans in north georgia spoke with a southern accent?

In their world that would be a Northern accent.LOL

I am sorry I am skeptical..
Examiner.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

Nothing wrong with being skeptical. Being blind to the obvious is a whole different ball park.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

Lots of informed comment here The Hall of Maat :: Ancient History :: The land of the Maya (Georgia,North carolina,Alabama,Mississippi) Florida (external - login to view)

BS all the way. (not your post Bill)

Ancient Mayan Ruins Have NOT Been Found in Georgia (Duh) | In the Air: Art+Auction's Gossip Column | ARTINFO.com (external - login to view)

No. Nobody found Mayan ruins in Georgia - Boing Boing (external - login to view)

Is there an 1100 year old Maya site in north Georgia? | Savannah Unplugged (external - login to view)

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

BS all the way. (not your post Bill)

Ancient Mayan Ruins Have NOT Been Found in Georgia (Duh) | In the Air: Art+Auction's Gossip Column | ARTINFO.com (external - login to view)

No. Nobody found Mayan ruins in Georgia - Boing Boing (external - login to view)

Is there an 1100 year old Maya site in north Georgia? | Savannah Unplugged (external - login to view)

I pretty much thought my "Great post OB" was a dead give away.
Last edited by CDNBear; Dec 24th, 2011 at 05:53 AM..

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I pretty much though my "Great post OB" was a dead give away.

It was.

Although I must admit, for like half a second I felt that grip of fear like the world had turned upside down. Then the sweet sigh of relief.

Lesson learned. Sip coffee to stimulate grey matter, then read posts.

eh1eh
+2

I pretty much thought my "Great post OB" was a dead give away.

Yes. I was wondering if the gravitational constant of the universe had reversed until I inferred you were sarcastic.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Yes. I was wondering if the gravitational constant of the universe had reversed until I inferred you were sarcastic.

It was a frightening moment wasn't it?

I never knew real fear before.

CDNBear
+1
OB lives on factoids.

I should have made my post in sarcastic purple though.

SLM

OB lives on factoids.

I should have made my post in sarcastic purple though.

No, it was I that should have known better. Being half asleep is no excuse. Forgive me?

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Forgive me?

Oh, OK..

SLM
+1

Oh, OK..

Phew! Now let's never let sar-chasm come between us again.

Ocean Breeze
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Phew! Now let's never let sar-chasm come between us again.

what loving love birds.

IF that find is NOT a FACT.......please provide evidence to that effect. Thanks .

(OB bashing is getting old , just for the record )

Have a happy holiday season....however you celebrate. If you don't.....have a nice weekend.

Ron in Regina

(OB bashing is getting old , just for the record )

Ditto.

Have a happy holiday season....however you celebrate. If you don't.....have a nice weekend.

Ditto again!