Kyoto withdrawal causes Quebec firm to lose client

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Kyoto withdrawal causes Quebec firm to lose client - Montreal - CBC News

Withdrawing from the protocol was silly and short-sighted IMO. it could have even provided new trade and and professional opportunities for the unemployed via job training programmes in new energy efficient industries, solar industries etc.

Did Harper not think other countries will react to our withdrawal? It's just like withdrawing from a free trade or any other agreement: reciprocation and reaction is inevitable.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Kyoto withdrawal causes Quebec firm to lose client - Montreal - CBC News

Withdrawing from the protocol was silly and short-sighted IMO. it could have even provided new trade and and professional opportunities for the unemployed via job training programmes in new energy efficient industries, solar industries etc.

That was one of the big selling points back when Kyoto was introduced... It didn't work then, so why would it work now.

Did Harper not think other countries will react to our withdrawal? It's just like withdrawing from a free trade or any other agreement: reciprocation and reaction is inevitable.

Who cares?

The only nations that are upset are those that believed that they would have an advantage in reaping the carbon emissions lottery and get payments from Canada.

Kyoto was never about the environment Machjo, it was (and is) only about some nations getting paid by other nations.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I don't recall if I've been to Dunn's, but I do love the corned beef sammis that they make so well in La Belle Province... Is there a Dunn's on Peel Street, close to the Peel Pub?

I could get behind going for a brew and waiting 'til the line died down a bit.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Since the Kyoto protocol only enforced rules on countries that didn't decide they wanted to stay out of it, it was a meaningless bit of frippery.