Seniors don't want to give up money for younger gen: poll


DaSleeper
+1
#181
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

No, not at all. I've seen how your generation measured up. You created a cradle to grave security blanket and stuck your descendants with the bill. I understand you seniors are proud of that accomplishment. It's the main reason you deserve so much ridicule.

BruSan: Don't fall for his tactics....He's trying to suck yo in his favorite dance........

Dance Bugs Bunny Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd - YouTube



Just before he moves the goal posts
 
Tonington
+2
#182
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Semantics.

Well you said you paid into OAS, which isn't true. Semantics, of course it is, you were in error when you said you paid into OAS. OAS is a welfare program funded by general revenues. The government could do away with OAS anytime they wanted and nobody would lose any "contributions". There's no basis for expecting to get any of it back. Like I said, I don't. But I'm paying for it right now, just as I'm paying taxes for all sorts of other programs that others use and I do not.

If getting meanings right or wrong isn't important, then what point is there in communication? Blah bitty bloo blehch bah. Right?
 
DaSleeper
#183
I don't dance........

Dance Bugs Bunny Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd - YouTube

 
BruSan
+2
#184
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

BruSan: Don't fall for his tactics....He's trying to suck yo in his favorite dance........

Dance Bugs Bunny Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd - YouTube



Just before he moves the goal posts


Yep; another facet of senior existance is when talking to each other we're used to cognizant replies.
Gotta say this frustrating method of communication has been missing from my life since I baby-sat my nephew's two year old.

I'm guessing hanging up on him won't have any effect on him whatsoever.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#185
Quote: Originally Posted by BruSanView Post

Yep; another facet of senior existance is when talking to each other we're used to cognizant replies.
Gotta say this frustrating method of communication has been missing from my life since I baby-sat my nephew's two year old.

I'm guessing hanging up on him won't have any effect on him whatsoever.

Nope but you'll save yourself some frustration
 
JLM
#186
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Well you said you paid into OAS, which isn't true. Semantics, of course it is, you were in error when you said you paid into OAS. OAS is a welfare program funded by general revenues. The government could do away with OAS anytime they wanted and nobody would lose any "contributions". There's no basis for expecting to get any of it back. Like I said, I don't. But I'm paying for it right now, just as I'm paying taxes for all sorts of other programs that others use and I do not.

If getting meanings right or wrong isn't important, then what point is there in communication? Blah bitty bloo blehch bah. Right?

So if we didn't pay into OAS who did? Who provides the money for "general revenue"? Is there a cash tree I don't know about?
 
DaSleeper
+1
#187
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

So if we didn't pay into OAS who did? Who provides the money for "general revenue"? Is there a cash tree I don't know about?

Because, JLM, In the great debating society it makes a difference if the money comes from the right, left or back pocket......there is no room for common sense......
When you make a deposit in the bank and ten years down the road you make a withdrawal + interest...is it the same money you're taking out???
To us it doesn't make a difference, but technicaly????
 
Cannuck
+1
#188
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Because, JLM, In the great debating society it makes a difference if the money comes from the right, left or back pocket......there is no room for common sense......
When you make a deposit in the bank and ten years down the road you make a withdrawal + interest...is it the same money you're taking out???
To us it doesn't make a difference, but technicaly????

Using your logic then, I am buying some of your groceries. You're welcome BTW.
 
JLM
+1
#189
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Because, JLM, In the great debating society it makes a difference if the money comes from the right, left or back pocket......there is no room for common sense......
When you make a deposit in the bank and ten years down the road you make a withdrawal + interest...is it the same money you're taking out???
To us it doesn't make a difference, but technicaly????

Those damn banks, if they'd just mark the bills we'd have some way of knowing!
 
DaSleeper
+1
#190
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Those damn banks, if they'd just mark the bills we'd have some way of knowing!

Cannuck's bank does
 
CDNBear
+3
#191
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Cannuck's bank does

His bank account, AND retirement fund, is ALL from the public purse.

His selective outrage is some of the most monumental hypocrisy you'll ever see typed out.
 
JLM
+1 / -1
#192
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Cannuck's bank does

Ton's too by the sounds of it.
 
Cannuck
#193
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

His bank account, AND retirement fund, is ALL from the public purse.

No, less than half (35% give or take a percent to be precise). I love how your arrogance allows you to ***ume the financial position of people you don't know and have never met.
 
CDNBear
+1
#194
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

No, less than half (35% give or take a percent to be precise). I love how your arrogance allows you to ***ume the financial position of people you don't know and have never met.

I can only go by what you claim. If my post was incorrect, it's only because of your own lies.

Like I said, your hypocrisy is monumental.
 
Cannuck
#195
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I can only go by what you claim. If my post was incorrect, it's only because of your own lies.

Like I said, your hypocrisy is monumental.

And what have I claimed?
 
TenPenny
+1
#196
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

So if we didn't pay into OAS who did? Who provides the money for "general revenue"? Is there a cash tree I don't know about?

Nobody 'pays into' OAS.

People 'pay into' CPP, but not OAS.

Funny how so many people don't understand their own retirement.
 
CDNBear
#197
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

And what have I claimed?

To be a public servant and a VFF.
 
Cannuck
#198
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

To be a public servant and a VFF.

And you assume that that accounts for my entire bank account and retirement funds?
 
CDNBear
+1
#199
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

And you assume that that accounts for my entire bank account and retirement funds?

So you turned down your publicly funded pay cheque and publicly funded retirement package?

Hypocrite.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#200
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

So you turned down your publicly funded pay cheque and publicly funded retirement package?

Hypocrite.

I like his dancing
 
Cannuck
#201
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

So you turned down your publicly funded pay cheque and publicly funded retirement package?

Of course not. What I'm saying is that contrary to what some idiot on a web forum thinks he knows, not all of my money comes from the public sector. I'm really not surprised that I have to explain it to you.
 
CDNBear
+3
#202
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

I like his dancing

LOL...

I like him ragging on retirees that worked for private companies, that invested their own money for their future.While he has bragged about suckling at the gov't teat, and will enjoy a publicly subsidized retirement package that the bulk of the country can only dream about.

He takes being a hypocrite, to a whole new level.

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Of course not.

Hypocrite.
 
JLM
#203
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Nobody 'pays into' OAS.

People 'pay into' CPP, but not OAS.

Funny how so many people don't understand their own retirement.

"Nobody pays into OAS"???????????? Is there some other entity that puts up cash?
 
Cannuck
#204
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

"Nobody pays into OAS"???????????? Is there some other entity that puts up cash?

You pay tax. Do you say you paid into the police or that you paid into defense or that you paid into Environment Canada? Why do you say that you paid into OAS?
 
DaSleeper
+1
#205
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

"Nobody pays into OAS"???????????? Is there some other entity that puts up cash?

I f the gov. takes money from a surplus in let's say employment insurance to pay for a deficit in Canada post or teachers nobody cries...but it's OK to take it away from people who paid taxes all their lives but go right ahead and give it to immigrants who have been here only ten years...
Take it away from those immigrants and the same suspects will be the first to be outraged...
 
Cannuck
#206
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

I f the gov. takes money from a surplus in let's say employment insurance to pay for a deficit in Canada post or teachers nobody cries...but it's OK to take it away from people who paid taxes all their lives but go right ahead and give it to immigrants who have been here only ten years...
Take it away from those immigrants and the same suspects will be the first to be outraged...

You pay into the employment insurance fund.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#207
 
damngrumpy
+5
#208
I didn't realize there were people still living in caves. The younger generation is more
giving and caring? When did that happen? Most of them are very good but the young
by and large even have their parents and grandparents going to job interviews with them.
Have you watched the generous young folks in traffic? They drive like they are possessed
with no regard for anyone. Many are self centered and believe they should start at the
top wage immediately out of post secondary, experience or not.
Yes the people who built this country are entitled to something, to start with its called
respect. In addition there are those who went overseas and fought the wars people cheer
about winning. Or they had to fight for years for a pension because the were merchant
marines that were not entitled to the same advantages as other soldier, sailors and airmen.
there is a long list of people put their lives on the line.
In addition there are those who worked the factories and mining sights when health and
safety regulations were not as they are today. Oh and they fought for those work place
benefits that so many younger people enjoy today. Those benefits didn't come because
governments and business people were nice folks, they were won at bargaining tables and
on picket lines. Today they are considered common benefits, without one shred of history
as to how they came about.
And finally while some are whining about all the mistreatment they being handed I don't
hear too many complaining about the money, jewellery, property, and other valuables they
will be getting when the old folks are gone. There is two sides to this, those who actually
worked for the benefits deserve some rewards, and those who have not yet earned their
place in the sun should stop bitching and get to work. creating a better place for their kids
and grand kids.
 
Goober
+1
#209
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Old Age Security for baby boomers heads toward $100-billion a year - The Globe and Mail
 
JLM
+3
#210
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

You pay into the employment insurance fund.

Along with EVERY other fund connected to Government>

Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

I didn't realize there were people still living in caves. The younger generation is more
giving and caring? When did that happen? Most of them are very good but the young
by and large even have their parents and grandparents going to job interviews with them.
Have you watched the generous young folks in traffic? They drive like they are possessed
with no regard for anyone. Many are self centered and believe they should start at the
top wage immediately out of post secondary, experience or not.
Yes the people who built this country are entitled to something, to start with its called
respect. In addition there are those who went overseas and fought the wars people cheer
about winning. Or they had to fight for years for a pension because the were merchant

place in the sun should stop bitching and get to work. creating a better place for their kids
and grand kids
marines that were not entitled to the same advantages as other soldier, sailors and airmen.
there is a long list of people put their lives on the line.
In addition there are those who worked the factories and mining sights when health and
safety regulations were not as they are today. Oh and they fought for those work place
benefits that so many younger people enjoy today. Those benefits didn't come because
governments and business people were nice folks, they were won at bargaining tables and
on picket lines. Today they are considered common benefits, without one shred of history
as to how they came about.
And finally while some are whining about all the mistreatment they being handed I don't
hear too many complaining about the money, jewellery, property, and other valuables they
will be getting when the old folks are gone. There is two sides to this, those who actually
worked for the benefits deserve some rewards, and those who have not yet earned their


Exactly D.G. like I said earlier when we leave the planet and they inherit all this ill gained booty, they can sell it off and pay down the debt they are so concerned that WE ran up.

Maybe before Ron comes on shift we should just continue to discuss the issue in a neutral way without referring specifically to any idiots. Now I would suggest as a senior I still pay all the taxes the young folks do and these taxes are largely on money that was already taxed at the time I saved it (except for a small amount I draw in RRIFs)
 

Similar Threads

1
Commentary on the younger generation?
by Goober | Jun 25th, 2011
no new posts