Seniors don't want to give up money for younger gen: poll

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by BruSanView Post

All through this thread you've talked about respect and consideration and at the same time you assume we'll not notice your denigrating one demographic while claiming the higher ground.

It's only denigrating if you agree that running up a huge debt and sticking it on your kids is a bad thing.

Gad's I'll bet daddy's proud of you.

I'm sure he is, considering I'm the only one of his kids that has told him to give any inheritance I might get to my one sibling who is not well and needs money more than I do.

Here's my hope for you, big-mouth: Someone who knows you, put's your last bunch of garbage posted here out in the public so your pa and all those other seniors in your town are aware of exactly how much disdain you hold them in. I would dearly love to be around to witness their judgement results on your pampered little lifestyle.

If you are ever in southern Alberta, PM me and I'll invite you to coffee row. They can tell you how they feel.

That BoD job with it's little perks of free membership and perhaps even a small expense account would dry up over-night.

Clearly you have no idea what a Directorship on a non-profit organization entails. If we actually gave free memberships, we would have so many seniors on the board, there would be no room for me at the table.

You mentioned at least one other fraternal organization you do volunteer work for after that tough 48 hour week you put in at your desk, You do realize that virtually every fraternal org. has a charter they hold sacrosanct and you've violated nearly every facet of the things with your vitriol aimed against one identifiable group on here.

If I said the Germans invaded Poland in 1939, would you consider that vitriol?

It would be kinda neat to be on the sidelines if Daddy showed up waving reams of this thread copied off, to inform you in no uncertain terms of his intent to take you out of his will. Chickens roosting?

See above. Not only do I not care the slightest about my parents will, my father and I have discussed the debt he has left his descendants. Like you, he is selfish and doesn't really care.

You even had the nerve to mention your 40 hour work week as the norm. Do you even bother to think about what you type before you push the submit button? Didn't think so. That 40 hour week you take for granted, with overtime paid on hours above that, came to be through those of us who stumped around in the snow on picket lines at loss of wages when we could have used that money for X-mas gifts but thought a higher moral obligation was to fabricate a better working evrionment and future for those who came behind us. Something else you don't give any thought to but nevertheless take for granted. You're welcome by the way; you ingrate.

Ah, so you are a union member. Despite what some uninformed blowhard posters think, I'm not much of a union man. I would be far better off outside the union and non-unionized municipalities nearby pay better. That's an issue for another thread though. Having said that, a 40 hour work week isn't the norm for me. A probably average more than fifty and have a business on the side (that's why some uninformed blowhard posters that think my entire income comes from the government don't know how stupid they look)

I've mentioned many times in my posts on this thread that life is about choices. Some you have little say in but others are yours to make alone and should take sole responsibility for.

I agree. Does that mean your generation is taking responsibility for the massive debt they saddled on their children?

Being a taxpayer in Canada is one of those.

Sorry, that's not a choice. As a senior, you should be very thankful that it isn't.

The Canadian way is to soldier on regardless of the obstacles placed before you without attempting to castigate, denigrate or obfuscate who might, or might not, be responsible for you having a bit of a rough patch.

You should sell that to seniors. Obviously they don't agree with your "Canadian way"

Now please stop throwing the insults around ....

How about you start first. Better yet, your suggestion wouldn't be so laughable if you directed it at those that were the most insulting

Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I also had a glimmer of hope that it might shut this A$$hole up!

Clearly it is the seniors on this thread that are being disrespectful.
Last edited by Cannuck; Dec 23rd, 2011 at 06:02 PM..

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

It's only denigrating if you agree that running up a huge debt and sticking it on your kids is a bad thing.

False premise- Not all seniors left their kids with a huge debt!

Cannuck

False premise- Not all seniors left their kids with a huge debt!

Do you disagree that we have a 700 billion national debt?

JLM

WTF has that got to do with me?

DaSleeper
+1
He likes to dance

Dance Bugs Bunny Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd - YouTube

Cannuck

WTF has that got to do with me?

JLM

I don't know that the debt is- I know it was huge 35 years ago! I didn't spend the money I didn't hoard it so F*** off.

Cannuck

I didn't spend the money I didn't hoard it so F*** off.

Who spent it then?

DaSleeper

I don't know that the debt is- I know it was huge 35 years ago! I didn't spend the money I didn't hoard it so F*** off.

He's like Avro with his incessant questioning.....Reminds me of amosquito or a little chihuaha nipping at your heels...same feeling like giving it a swift kick

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

He's like Avro with his incessant questioning.....Reminds me of amosquito or a little chihuaha nipping at your heels...same feeling like giving it a swift kick

Yep, they are two of a feather!

Cannuck

You can always run along if it bothers you.

Who spent it then?

... so F*** off.

Now please stop throwing the insults around and let's work together to sort this and many other messes out....

Tsk tsk tsk

JLM

Who spent it then?

You're a prime suspect!

Cannuck

You're a prime suspect!

No I'm not. The budgets got balanced not long after I got the vote. Who spent the money starting 4o years ago and why is it so difficult for you to answer the question? I think everybody knows why.

IdRatherBeSkiing

No I'm not. The budgets got balanced not long after I got the vote. Who spent the money starting 4o years ago and why is it so difficult for you to answer the question? I think everybody knows why.

Canada's budget is not balanced. Must be your fault. Please pay it back.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Yes, it is partially my fault. I don't pass the buck. Who spent the 700 Billion?

DaSleeper
+1

You can always run along if it bothers you.

Why should I run along just because......................

You39re an Ass - YouTube

IdRatherBeSkiing

Yes, it is partially my fault. I don't pass the buck. Who spent the 700 Billion?

I don't know but you seem convinced that they are a poster on this forum. Good luck in your search.

P.S. Wasn't me.

Cannuck

Why should I run along just because.

You can do whatever you like. I just find it odd that you would would stick around when you find me so irritating. I guess I just don't understand masochists.

I don't know but

If you don't know, perhaps you shouldn't be including yourself in discussions that pertain to the subject. I'll ask JLM...Who spent the money JLM?

DaSleeper
+2

You can do whatever you like. I just find it odd that you would would stick around when you find me so irritating. I guess I just don't understand masochists.

It's fun to watch the self proclaimed expert in every subject running around posting in every thread arguing like a kid or like a cat chassing a lazer light.

Cannuck

It's fun to watch the self proclaimed expert in every subject

I don't think CB has posted in this thread has he?

BruSan
+3
JLM and Da Sleeper: I think we've got to rachet this down a peg or two as this fellow is not playing with a full deck. There is definitely something else going on with him and all of the rebuttal in the world is not going to sway him from his belief we had an active part in creating the national debt. Isn't too pleased with his pap's so there may be some abuse in his background to explain all of this vitriol directed at seniors as a group. As I've aged I've discovered much to my dismay there was a lot of that going on that was very well hidden; those poor folks are carrying all sorts of demons with them. That would explain a lot for the intolerance displayed for our demographic in general by some such as this one.

His choices are clear and will undoubtedly make him happy when we're all gone. He'll create his wonderful nirvannah then his offspring will thank him for the cold heartless individuals that ruined their interpretation of heaven. He's gonna have his turn sitting on the hot spot and for him it will be particularly bitter medicine indeed.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

If you don't know, perhaps you shouldn't be including yourself in discussions that pertain to the subject.

Based on your contributions, I wasn't aware one was required to know what they are talking about to participate.

Who spent the money JLM?

So you think JLM spent the money? Damn, he didn't get me anything.

DaSleeper
+1

I don't think CB has posted in this thread has he?

There....... we have the argument of a child again..heheh

Cannuck

Based on your contributions, I wasn't aware one was required to know what they are talking about to participate.

Based on your contributions, obviously not.

It's funny how the "debate" ends once you ask a senior an uncomfortable question. I think JLM is trying to figure out how he can blame the twenty something crowd for the $700 billion debt.

IdRatherBeSkiing

It's funny how the "debate" ends once you ask a senior an uncomfortable question. I think JLM is trying to figure out how he can blame the twenty something crowd for the $700 billion debt.

I find it interesting that you find need to assign blame.

Cannuck

I find it interesting that you find need to assign blame.

I know it's difficult for you to accept your part. Why is that you were so willing to blame me for the current deficit?

Nice double standard. You know, you seniors should just stop posting. You do more to prove my point than anything I could say.

I see you are still around JLM. Who spent the money?

BruSan
+4

Based on your contributions, obviously not.

Brother; you castigate a person for their lack of reading comprehension then you refer to this thread as a "debate". it ceased being a debate back on page one or two when regardless of opposing thought you simply hang on that precept of 'nasty old seniors created a debt for you to deal with'.

News flash; you have no idea how we all voted and you've been a voter for as long as some of us have been accused of having a hand in affecting government policy making.

Another news flash; when you refer to seniors in the manner you have; you've lumped all of us in the same pot in the very same manner you regard as spiteful when it's done to your generation. You know some of us are still paying boatloads in taxes so we are saddled with the same debt you are and I for one don't mind my taxes going to help those less fortunate.

Interesting twist you put on all of our posts; you claim to do a lot of volunteer work yet you find the need to attach blame for something largely out of anybody's control unless they were a serving member of parliament with the vote on the floor that goes with it.

You'll have your chance to vote for the party of your choice that will make some decisions you like and a lot you don't. I sure hope you can live with your choices after your favourite party turns out to have feet of clay. In the meantime I'd suggest some counselling for whatever affliction is causing you to "hate" our generation to the degree you obviously do.

Cannuck

Brother; you castigate a person for their lack of reading comprehension then you refer to this thread as a "debate". it ceased being a debate back on page one or two when regardless of opposing thought you simply hang on that precept of 'nasty old seniors created a debt for you to deal with'.

Yes, reading comprehension. You will notice I put the word debate in quotation marks.

ly hang on that precept of 'nasty old seniors created a debt for you to deal with

Is that an admission that seniors are responsible for the debt? Could it be possible?

IdRatherBeSkiing

I know it's difficult for you to accept your part. Why is that you were so willing to blame me for the current deficit?

Nice double standard. You know, you seniors should just stop posting. You do more to prove my point than anything I could say.

I see you are still around JLM. Who spent the money?

I was using your logic. If JLM was responsible for the deficit in the 70s, then you must be responsible for the one now. Of course if your logic is faulty (which it is), the whole thing falls apart pretty quickly.

Now, why are you so insistent at pinning blame?

Cannuck

Interesting twist you put on all of our posts; you claim to do a lot of volunteer work yet you find the need to attach blame for something largely out of anybody's control unless they were a serving member of parliament with the vote on the floor that goes with it.

A thousand pardons, I guess I was under the impression that you folks got to vote for the politicians in Ottawa. That must have changed just before I got the vote. Can you tell me what year that was?