Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Israeli Planes Attack Gaza Targets

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/10/world/middleeast/israeli-planes-attack-gaza-targets.html

As rockets are fired into Israel by Arab terrorists in Gaza the IDF is forced to respond by carrying out air strikes against targets in Gaza.

I just do not understand why the Arabs are supporting the terrorists in firing rockets into Israel I thought they want a homeland but this is becoming counter productive.

I'm sure someone;-) will find a good reason........

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Israeli Planes Attack Gaza Targets

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/10/world/middleeast/israeli-planes-attack-gaza-targets.html

As rockets are fired into Israel by Arab terrorists in Gaza the IDF is forced to respond by carrying out air strikes against targets in Gaza.

I just do not understand why the Arabs are supporting the terrorists in firing rockets into Israel I thought they want a homeland but this is becoming counter productive.

The sequence of events:

JERUSALEM — Palestinian militants fired at least 11 rockets into Israel on Friday after an airstrike against a Hamas target in Gaza that killed a Palestinian civilian and his 12-year-old son. The rockets landed in Israeli territory but caused no casualties... ...Earlier Friday, Israel carried out multiple airstrikes against Hamas facilities. One damaged a house next to a targeted site, killing 42-year-old civilian Bahajat Zaalan and wounding several members of his family, according to Gaza health official Adham Abu Salmia. One of the wounded, Zaalan’s son Ramadan, died of his injuries later Friday, the official said. Other houses were damaged by fire or shrapnel and a total of 25 people were wounded, Abu Salmia said.

More rockets hit Israel after spike in violence in the Gaza Strip - The Washington Post

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The sequence of events:

[/FONT][/FONT]JERUSALEM — Palestinian militants fired at least 11 rockets into Israel on Friday after an airstrike against a Hamas target in Gaza that killed a Palestinian civilian and his 12-year-old son. The rockets landed in Israeli territory but caused no casualties... ...Earlier Friday, Israel carried out multiple airstrikes against Hamas facilities. One damaged a house next to a targeted site, killing 42-year-old civilian Bahajat Zaalan and wounding several members of his family, according to Gaza health official Adham Abu Salmia. One of the wounded, Zaalan’s son Ramadan, died of his injuries later Friday, the official said. Other houses were damaged by fire or shrapnel and a total of 25 people were wounded, Abu Salmia said.

More rockets hit Israel after spike in violence in the Gaza Strip - The Washington Post
Did the rest of the article make you to uncomfortable, to post it?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
You mean the parts about Israelis being able to read minds? yes that is amazing how Israelis can justify blowing up people based on what they are thinking. The Israelis are so advanced, they can justify killing people for what they will think in the future. The Israeli definition of a militant is pretty broad, and covers anyone they deliberately kill. Children are militants in training or future militants while women are breeders of militants. Apparently no one in Gaza meets the Israeli definition of a civilian.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You mean the parts about Israelis being able to read minds? yes that is amazing how Israelis can justify blowing up people based on what they are thinking. The Israelis are so advanced, then can justify people based on what they will think in the future. The Israeli definition of a militant is pretty broad, and covers anyone they deliberately kill. Children are militants in training or future militants while women are breeders of militants. Apparently no one in Gaza meets the Israeli definition of a civilian.
Look, just because I point out your selective objectivity, doesn't mean you have to go off all half cocked and make things up.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Most unprovoked attacks by Israel are really preventive measures.
Can you prove it was unprovoked? Or is this just more of your double standards?

You know, where any news that paints Gazan's in a bad light must meet your Supreme Court burden of proof. While anything the Jews are accused of, no matter how anecdotal, is vindication of hatred.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
The sequence of events:

[/FONT][/FONT]JERUSALEM — Palestinian militants fired at least 11 rockets into Israel on Friday after an airstrike against a Hamas target in Gaza that killed a Palestinian civilian and his 12-year-old son. The rockets landed in Israeli territory but caused no casualties... ...Earlier Friday, Israel carried out multiple airstrikes against Hamas facilities. One damaged a house next to a targeted site, killing 42-year-old civilian Bahajat Zaalan and wounding several members of his family, according to Gaza health official Adham Abu Salmia. One of the wounded, Zaalan’s son Ramadan, died of his injuries later Friday, the official said. Other houses were damaged by fire or shrapnel and a total of 25 people were wounded, Abu Salmia said.

The sequnce seems to have left out this little tidbit of information.
A legitimate target. Do you agree or disagree that this was a legitimate target?

The Israeli military said in a statement that the main target of Thursday’s strike was Essam al-Batsh, 43, a senior operative of Al Aksa Martyrs Brigades, a group in Gaza nominally associated with Fatah, the party led by the Palestinian Authority president, Mahmoud Abbas. The military said that Mr. Batsh had been involved in numerous attacks on Israel from across the border with the Egyptian Sinai, including a suicide bombing in the Israeli resort of Eilat in 2007 in which three Israelis were killed

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
If you look at LM's first post, he claims that the Palestinian militants launched rockets first and the Israelis struck back. But like most of these exchanges, the Israelis struck first and the militants fired back.

I see these Israeli attacks as assassinations of people of interest and/or extrajudicial executions. I really don't know if these attacks are justified or not. I'm sure some of these people Israel kills are bad asses. Some probably aren't. Israel has deliberately killed unarmed Palestinian political and religious leaders. Most women and children killed in the cross fire are probably civilians.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
If you look at LM's first post, he claims that the Palestinian militants launched rockets first and the Israelis struck back. But like most of these exchanges, the Israelis struck first and the militants fired back.

I see these Israeli attacks as assassinations of people of interest and/or extra judicial executions. I really don't know if these attacks are justified or not. I'm sure some of these people Israel kills are bad asses. Some probably aren't. Israel has deliberately killed unarmed Palestinian political and religious leaders. Most women and children killed in the cross fire are probably civilians.

Extra Judicial - Would you prefer the Israeli's go into Gaza after these terrorists? What would you call the 3 tourists who were murdered by this man?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
According to Israel, every Israeli killed by Palestinian militants is a civilian, which is pretty unlucky considering how many Israelis serve in the military and the reserves.

Extra Judicial - Would you prefer the Israeli's go into Gaza after these terrorists? What would you call the 3 tourists who were murdered by this man?
If they were Palestinians, they'd be militants. Since they are Israelis they must be civilians.

Apparently only murdering Israeli civilians causes outrage here.

"An Iranian nuclear scientist was assassinated in front of his house today ..." it said. "He was shot dead by a motorcyclist." He was assassinated in front of his child's nursery in Bani Hashem street,"... "His wife, who was wounded in the attack, has been hospitalized." There was no immediate claim of responsibility. Several nuclear scientists have been assassinated in Iran in the past few years, and in November one Iranian scientist was killed and one was wounded in Tehran. Iranian officials and media have blamed Israel, which Tehran calls "the Zionist regime," and the United States for the killings....
http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNew...76M1WI20110723

If Israelis can justify killing Palestinian militants 24/7, then Palestinians can justify killing Israeli soldiers 24/7. But unarmed scientists and their families are civilians. I expect that the Israelis will get some of what they've been giving. (that's a prediction, not a wish and I wouldn't want to be an Israeli nuclear scientist right now) Its an endless cycle.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
According to Israel, every Israeli killed by Palestinian militants is a civilian, which is pretty unlucky considering how many Israelis serve in the military and the reserves.

If they were Palestinians, they'd be militants. Since they are Israelis they must be civilians.
You sound frustrated. Maybe you should take a break from demonizing Israel for a while?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
No it was sarcasm. Our pro-Israel propaganda is pretty easy to see through... OK maybe not for LM.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

If they were Palestinians, they'd be militants. Since they are Israelis they must be civilians.]

Can you prove the 3 Israelis were off Soldiers. No -
The Israel's do admit to causing civilian casualties. But for Hamas every Jew is a legitimate target for killing.

You complain that Israel is using extra judicial killings when going after known and verified terrorists. I asked if you prefer the Israeli's go into Gaza to arrest them. That would mean every house, building, Mosque, hospital, UN agencies and so on.

What would the death toll be then? And as usual you never answer the questions.

No it was sarcasm. Our pro-Israel propaganda is pretty easy to see through... OK maybe not for LM.

The same as it is easily recongized who would prefer dead Jews.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Can you prove the 3 Israelis were off Soldiers. No -
The Israel's do admit to causing civilian casualties. But for Hamas every Jew is a legitimate target for killing.

You complain that Israel is using extra judicial killings when going after known and verified terrorists. I asked if you prefer the Israeli's go into Gaza to arrest them. That would mean every house, building, Mosque, hospital, UN agencies and so on.

What would the death toll be then? And as usual you never answer the questions.

The same as it is easily recongized who would prefer dead Jews.
Can you prove the Palestinians assassinated by the Israelis were militants? No.

Does Goober answer his own questions? Yes

Palestinians do admit to causing civilian casualties, but for Israelis, every Palestinian is a militant.

BTW, I wasn't complaining I was just observing that LM got the sequence backwards.

I'm not taking the side of either belligerent in this conflict. Both sides have committed war crimes. Both sides have deliberately targeted civilians. Neither side can claim the moral high ground.

I'm on Canada's side and the side of innocent civilians. I think we should stay out of this conflict. I am against the Harper government's unshakable support of one group of war criminals against the other war criminals. I think signing a Mutual Defense Pact with Israel is a very bad idea. Before Harper's term is up, Canadian soldiers will be fighting on behalf of Israel.