Bishop Eddie Long What a guy

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
ATLANTA - The wife of Bishop Eddie Long is not withdrawing her petition for divorce, according to a statement from her attorney late Friday.
Less than a day after Vanessa Long filed for divorce from Bishop Eddie Long, it appeared she had changed her mind.
However, a statement released Friday night stated:
Consistent with her original statement made this morning, Mrs. Long continues to hope that this matter may be resolved expeditiously, harmoniously and fairly; however, she has determined that dismissal of her divorce petition is not appropriate at this time.

To avoid any undue confusion, Mrs. Long's future statements, if any, will be issued through her attorneys only. At this time, neither she nor we will have any further comment on this matter.

The statement was issued by Michael W. Tyler, a Kilpatrick Townsend partner.
Bishop Long is the pastor at Lithonia's New Birth Missionary Baptist Church. Bishop Long is the pastor at Lithonia's New Birth Missionary Baptist Church and recently settled lawsuits involving allegations of sexual misconduct involving young men in his congregation.
Vanessa Long filed the divorce papers at a DeKalb County courthouse late on Thursday. In it, Mrs. Long states she and her husband Bishop Long are quote "living in a bona fide state of separation. That separation came after the FOX 5 I-Team revealed in the fall of 2010 that four young men accused Bishop Long of sexual misconduct. Long denied the charges, but settled out of court.
Eddie and Vanessa Long have been married for 21 years and have three children. The New Birth Missionary Baptist Church first lady initially walked hand in hand with her husband and appeared to strongly support him. But in a statement released by her attorneys Friday morning, Mrs. Long was bowing out. It read, "After a great deal of deliberation and prayer. I have decided to terminate my marriage to Bishop Eddie Long."
Three hours later, she issued an apparent reversa.
FOX 5 News received a statement from Vanessa Long that stated, "Upon prayerful reflection, I have reconsidered and plan to withdraw my petition for divorce from my husband, Bishop Eddie L. Long. I love my husband. I believe in my him and admire his strength, and courage. My filing followed years of attacks in the media that frustrated and overwhelmed me. I love my family and church family, New Birth Missionary Baptist Church. Therefore, my husband and I have mutually agreed to find healing from these attacks."
Fellow Dekalb County Bishop Samie Conyers says despite all that has transpired, the Longs must put their family first.
"She has been under a lot of stress. Whatever way she chooses, I'll support and pray for her," said Conyers.

=-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=

Here we go again, anther wonderful hypocrite, who has disgraced himself in the public eye. He is suspending his ministry and his
wife is leaving. There have been so many lately and the non Catholic Ministers are sharing the spotlight now. This is going to
consume a great deal of air time before its over. Wonder what God thinks?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Then there was the gay bashing Ted Haggard who turned out to be gay and
confessed his sin on Oprah. Bishop Eddie is travelling with a fine group of
sinners for sure. His financial empire will suffer for this alright. Some say
Eddie Longs spiritual empire is worth about fifty million dollars so he has a lot
to lose. His ministry and his wife are about to be gone. There were reports
that she filed for divorce and withdrew it, but that is false she is done and out
as it were. When will these guys learn? And when will the church going folk
wise up?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Ya and think, Haggard often consulted with W over the years.
Can you imagine these guys being the poster boys for Jesus?
Oh what about Jim Baker and PTL Ministries.
This is enough for a cast of characters for a new sitcom.