Cain has finished raising cain

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Cain campaign grinds to a halt
by The Canadian Press - Story: 68085
Dec 3, 2011 / 1:40 pm

Photo: The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain speaks to supporters at The Magnolia Room at Laurel Creek Friday, Dec. 2, 2011, in Rock Hill, S.C. (AP Photo/ Richard Shiro)

The Cain train has come to a stop.
Republican candidate Herman Cain is suspending his bid for the Republican presidential nomination to avoid continued news coverage of allegations of sexual misconduct that is hurtful to his family.
"I am suspending my presidential campaign because of the continued distractions and the continued hurt caused on me and my family," Cain told several hundred supporters gathered at what was to have been the opening of his national campaign headquarters.
Cain's announcement came five days after an Atlanta-area woman claimed she and Cain had an affair for more than a decade, a claim that followed several allegations of sexual harassment against the Georgia businessman.
"But because of these false and unproved accusations, it has paid and had a tremendous painful price on my family," Cain said, with his wife, Gloria, standing behind him on the stage.
"Now here's why it hurts, because my wife, my family and I, we know that those false and unproved allegations are not true. So one of the first declarations that I want to make to you today is that I am at peace with my God. I am at peace with my wife. And she is at peace with me."
Whether Cain would stay in the race or drop out was the subject of speculation throughout the week. Even some top supporters who had spoken with Cain were arriving Saturday unsure what he would say.
Cain returned to his suburban Atlanta home Friday and met with his wife, Gloria. It was the first time they have seen each other face to face since 46-year-old Ginger White came forward on Monday, and said she and Herman Cain had carried on a 13-year relationship.
Cain, the former Godfather's Pizza chief executive who has never held elected office, rose to become an unexpected front-runner in the volatile Republican race just weeks ago. A self-styled outsider, Cain enjoyed strong tea party support from conservatives who viewed him as an alternative to former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.
But once in the national spotlight, Cain fumbled policy questions, leaving some to wonder whether he was ready for the presidency. Then it was revealed at the end of October that the National Restaurant Association had paid settlements to two women who claimed Cain sexually harassed them while he was president of the organization.
A third woman told The Associated Press that Cain made inappropriate sexual advances but that she didn't file a complaint. A fourth woman also stepped forward to accuse Cain of groping her in a car in 1997.
Cain has denied wrongdoing in all cases.

The other Republicans can be happy now, their message will get heard. This is good news
for Obama, because the more the people hear the Republican message and see the hopefuls
in action the better chance he has in getting re-elected.
Newt will be next of the target list as he is a loose cannon and is sure to provide some of that
old fashioned negative feedback.
Lets see Sarah Palin left I think even she realizes most of these people are crazy.

Newt has a foot in the mouth past, a sexual event in the past and religious change as well

Mitt is a Mormon and the mainstream evangelicals are not too keep on warming up to that.

Cain what an a**

Perry he wants to dismantle the Department of Education and cut Seniors Benefits by fifty percent.
Good luck with that.

Michelle well she is something else again and will likely not rise again to plague the Party
oh Cains people will go to her but then he only had eight percent left anyway.

I have never seen such a collection of misfits running in one nomination race, they all cozy up to
the Tea Party that is made of people who must have escaped from the home somewhere. Or
society was loose with the day passes if you know what I mean.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Wait a few weeks and like the rest of the republicans that have been caught with their pants down, he will make a teary eyed confession and ask god to forgive him. This scene has been played out so many times you would think it was scripted.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Wait a few weeks and like the rest of the republicans that have been caught with their pants down, he will make a teary eyed confession and ask god to forgive him.

For now he's asking his wife for forgiveness.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
This is good news
for Obama, because the more the people hear the Republican message and see the hopefuls
in action the better chance he has in getting re-elected.

Also the Dems can go back to characterizing the republicans as drooling racists. Cain was a real thorn in the side of that narrative.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Also the Dems can go back to characterizing the republicans as drooling racists. Cain was a real thorn in the side of that narrative.

It's hard to really evaluate this, how much of it is media spin? I doubt if he's any worse (or better) than any other politician- they are pretty well tarred with the same brush, with slight variations of course- some are womanizers, some are yes men to corporate crooks, some just can not make a decision and some have no brains or common sense. It takes about 8 years in office to really get a feel for any of them. John Edwards came across (to me) as a pillar of society..............how wrong that was!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
This could be one more step to Newt Gingrich becoming President. I wouldn't mind seeing Newt and Obama running the final lap. I could live with either winning.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Have you noticed how jealous Reps are that Obama can read?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The Democrats can get by with being silent these people on the right can jump off the
political cliff all by themselves. Cain was a miscreant right from the start. He didn't
know how to run a campaign, his people were not professional enough to handle the
rigors of a campaign. His 999 plan amounts to one big 0. This guy was a mouth
and nothing more.
Lets see where we are. Cain finished by sexual allegations. See, if he were guilty of
a financial scandal he could have come back, but a Republican with a sex scandal is
very bad news. Democrats are the masters of sex scandals.

Perry did himself in by proposing to disband the Department of Education, I believe he
also hinted at cutting seniors entitlements in half. Not good news with over 50 million
seniors.

Michelle she is an air head from the word go and she makes Sara Palin look Good.

And Newt, there is a huge loser. He had a sex scandal too, in addition he once touted
the protestant moral majority and now he has returned as a social conservative Catholic.

Mitt is a Mormon and the Evangelicals don't like that much. He also can't move people
like he has too.

The Republicans need someone with substance that is prepared to tell the Tea Party to
jump in the lake. They are the most divisive group to come along in half a century. In
fact they are as strange as the Barry Goldwater Crowd of the early sixties and the GOP
is going to pay. The only thing Cain did was move and let the public realize how crazy
the rest really are.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
And another Republican dumb-ass bites the dust. But don't worry I'm sure some other idiot will come crawling out of the woodwork.

What is really funny is watching all of the remaining candidates kissing up to Cain in order to get his endorsement. There is hardly a better illustration of the sorry state of the Republican Party or the feeble bunch of half educated boneheads currently vying for the party nomination for President.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States

And following Cain we will have the Newt leave.

RAMALLAH, West Bank (Reuters) - Palestinian leaders said on Saturday U.S. Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich had invited more conflict in the Middle East by calling the Palestinians an "invented" people who want to destroy Israel.
Saeb Erekat, a senior Palestinian official, described his comments in an interview as "despicable." Hanan Ashrawi, another top official, said Gingrich's "very racist comments" showed he was "incapable of holding public office."

http://news.yahoo.com/gingrich-fuels-more-mideast-conflict-palestinians-125812009.html

Another way how to make friends and influence people.
"What is the cause of violence, war in this region? Denial, denying people their religion, their existence, and now he is denying our existence," said Erekat, for years a leading figure in peace talks aimed at the creation of a Palestinian state alongside Israel"

By by lizard.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

And following Cain we will have the Newt leave.

RAMALLAH, West Bank (Reuters) - Palestinian leaders said on Saturday U.S. Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich had invited more conflict in the Middle East by calling the Palestinians an "invented" people who want to destroy Israel.
Saeb Erekat, a senior Palestinian official, described his comments in an interview as "despicable." Hanan Ashrawi, another top official, said Gingrich's "very racist comments" showed he was "incapable of holding public office."

http://news.yahoo.com/gingrich-fuels-more-mideast-conflict-palestinians-125812009.html

Another way how to make friends and influence people.
"What is the cause of violence, war in this region? Denial, denying people their religion, their existence, and now he is denying our existence," said Erekat, for years a leading figure in peace talks aimed at the creation of a Palestinian state alongside Israel"

By by lizard.

Appears that Obama will cruise to a second term.