Good for Sid the Kid

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's sure nice to see headlines about a Canadian boy with no baggage (outside of his hockey bag) who oozes success at every turn. Bit of the reprieve from the incessant reports of the likes of Brittany Spears or Charlie Sheen or Stephen Harper. :smile:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
That Arizona senator who was shot in the head and survived didn't get as much press as Crosby's melon.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
He will be fine until he gets his next good hit. I think he may be following the path set by Lindros. Concussions are a nasty business.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He will be find until he gets his next good hit. I think he may be following the path set by Lindros. Concussions are a nasty business.

Lindross was a goof, a whiner and a mama's boy, I lost a lot of respect for the N.H.L. the day an 18 year old brat was able to dictate where he was going to play.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Lindross was a goof, a whiner and a mama's boy, I lost a lot of respect for the N.H.L. the day an 18 year old brat was able to dictate where he was going to play.

I am not comparing the two as players but it was concussions that ended his carreer. He was never able to fully recover from his first one -- a common trait in all professional physical sports.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I am not comparing the two as players but it was concussions that ended his carreer. He was never able to fully recover from his first one -- a common trait in all professional physical sports.

He may have been a little mentally deficient to begin with.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm sure Pittsburgh would have won that game without Crosby. Pittsburgh has been one of the top teams
in the NHL while Sidney has been out with his injury. The team that Crosby and his team beat, , the Islanders, is arguably, the worst team in the league. It might have been a better test against a better team

THe league is going to learn what constitutes a fair check and Crosby will have to learn to keep his head up.
All teams benifit at the box office from Crosby's presence just like all teams benifitted from Gretsky's being in a game.
a game.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm sure Pittsburgh would have won that game without Crosby. Pittsburgh has been one of the top teams
in the NHL while Sidney has been out with his injury. The team that Crosby and his team beat, the
the NHL while Sidney has been out with his injury. The team that Crosby and his team beat, the Islanders, is arguably, the worst team in the league. It might have been a better test against a better team

THe league is going to learn what constitutes a fair check and Crosby will have to learn to keep his head up.
All teams benifit at the box office from Crosby's presence just like all teams benifitted from Gretsky's being in a game.
a game.

Yep, Columbus ain't worse ya don't think?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Actually watched some of the game last night, and was amazed at the Kid's moves. That being said, so probably were the goons watching him.

Only a matter of time before someone collects a scalp. It is rockem sockem a la Cherry, after all.

Here's hoping Sidney can get through the rest of his life without a wheelchair and drool.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Actually watched some of the game last night, and was amazed at the Kid's moves. That being said, so probably were the goons watching him.

Only a matter of time before someone collects a scalp. It is rockem sockem a la Cherry, after all.

Here's hoping Sidney can get through the rest of his life without a wheelchair and drool.
\

The guy who F***s him up would stand a real chance of getting killed.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

The player who takes Crosby out of the game will be about as popular as a turd in a punch bowl. The sooner the NHL gets rid of the
Don Cherry influence the better. Crosby did fine for a few years until he walked into Mat Cooke's high elbows. Cooke is not qualified to
carry Crosby's sticks, but by taking Sid out he cost the whole league a lot of money. The League will have to deside whether they want
highly skilled players like Crosby or goons like Cooke.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The player who takes Crosby out of the game will be about as popular as a turd in a punch bowl. The sooner the NHL gets rid of the
Don Cherry influence the better. Crosby did fine for a few years until he walked into Mat Cooke's high elbows. Cooke is not qualified to
carry Crosby's sticks, but by taking Sid out he cost the whole league a lot of money. The League will have to deside whether they want
highly skilled players like Crosby or goons like Cooke.

Yep, it's almost criminal that a goof like Cherry can earn more than minimum wage, his good side is he's as transparent as glass and it's only idiots with an I.Q. of less than 30 that would listen to him seriously............................for laffs sure! :lol:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It's sure nice to see headlines about a Canadian boy with no baggage (outside of his hockey bag) who oozes success at every turn. Bit of the reprieve from the incessant reports of the likes of Brittany Spears or Charlie Sheen or Stephen Harper. :smile:

Isn't it ever, JLM. :canada:

Probably all right...........................................for a politician, even good news about those guys can get a little tiresome! :smile:

Wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that Stephen Harper was watching the game along with millions of other NHL fans across both continents.