Minnesota boy, fed up with parents' pot, helps spur bust

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
HASTINGS, Minn. — An 11-year-old boy who said he was fed up with marijuana smoke in his house took pictures of the drug which led to a raid by authorities and sent his mother and stepfather to jail in Dakota County.

Drug agents served a search warrant on the house in Ravenna Township near Hastings last month and arrested Heidi Siebenaler, a Dakota County probation supervisor, and her husband, Mark Siebenaler. Both face charges in the case.

A criminal complaint says the boy told investigators he had complained numerous times to his mother about the smell of the marijuana. He finally took the matter to his biological father, who told his son to take pictures of the marijuana. The father then forwarded the photos to authorities.

Heidi Siebenaler told KMSP-TV that her husband smokes marijuana for medicinal purposes

Minnesota boy, fed up with parents' pot, helps spur bust | Duluth News Tribune | Duluth, Minnesota

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Wonder why the Dad didn't have custody in the first place? Lets see how he makes out in raising the kid.
Has the kid gotten any job offers from DHS yet?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I can not imagine using your son in a way that he would so painfully regret as his real world understanding set in. It would have sufficed to say that you had the pictures, and expected them to respect the child's wishes regarding hot boxing him in the house, or THEN you would go to authorities.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
karrie;1505604HEN you would go to authorities.[/QUOTE said:
So blackmail would be the solution, hate to agree but I don't have an argument against it in this case. Perhaps they could have used just a special room for hooting.

I don't doubt that some/many parents have turned their kids into the authorities for the same basic reason.

I wonder how this sits with all his school-mates?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
She shouldn't have had custody in the first place. If an individual wants to get high, I don't care. But parents around children-no.

I don't mind what the father did. I imagine if I was in that 11 year olds place I would've done the same thing.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I doubt the kid will do that again after sitting in CPS for 6+ months waiting for a custody hearing.
He will have gone straight to Dad unless Dad was already declared to be unfit. Even then he better be careful of any action he does that the kid doesn't like. Good luck in getting child maintance payments from somebody in jail.

Why doesn't the step-dad just claim the pot was his alone?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It would depend on the custody arrangement that is currently in place.
If he has full visitation rights that is who the first choice would be, foster care and spots in youth centers are not readily available except in real emergencies.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I can not imagine using your son in a way that he would so painfully regret as his real world understanding set in. It would have sufficed to say that you had the pictures, and expected them to respect the child's wishes regarding hot boxing him in the house, or THEN you would go to authorities.

Wisht I cudaa give ya 2 +'s fer that.

She shouldn't have had custody in the first place. If an individual wants to get high, I don't care. But parents around children-no.

I don't mind what the father did. I imagine if I was in that 11 year olds place I would've done the same thing.

Yah, but the father could have been an incestuous clam digger; we don't know. A donkey raper. A sexy shepherd.

I would have gone over to the ex, if a restraining order did not keep me away, and tell her to smarten up............................if not.....cops.

Personally, I don't smoke it, but, if I did , I wouldn't around the kids.............just sayin.

We don't know.

Not without seeing a judge in a courtroom first.

Real life is nothing like TV.

Can be a whole lot worse, eh!!

Or better even.

Can you imagine living Coronation Street. I'd be doing the jump off the tower for sure. FREAKIN accents.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
The child and his biological father did absolutely nothing wrong. The only persons who did something wrong were the fraudulent father boxing the house, and the child's sad excuse for a mother who IGNORED HER CHILD'S NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS.

This child should have no regrets, and any biological father would be proud that his son sought his help in dealing with a hazardous issue that bothered him. Make biological dad and son honorary police officers.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
10 years from now when this kid's mom slams the door on him and says "I don't love you" will you be there to pull him out of a dumpster and sober him up?

He has a life of regret ahead of him.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The child and his biological father did absolutely nothing wrong. The only persons who did something wrong were the fraudulent father boxing the house, and the child's sad excuse for a mother who IGNORED HER CHILD'S NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS.

This child should have no regrets, and any biological father would be proud that his son sought his help in dealing with a hazardous issue that bothered him. Make biological dad and son honorary police officers.

More than likely the father put his kid up to this just to get at the ex. Great way to raise a kid.
Just one more reason why pot should be legal.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
More than likely the father put his kid up to this just to get at the ex. Great way to raise a kid.
Just one more reason why pot should be legal.

Even if pot were legal, you'd lose custody for making your kid inhale it.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I smoked for many years when I was younger and never once in front of my kids. I had a heated workshop with cable TV for that or went for a walk etc etc...

That said putting the kid in the middle of a parental dispute is just wrong!