RCMP cameras with crime photos found in trees

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
This is hilarious. The RCMP put cameras in trees to take pictures of a suspected graffiti artist. Not only did they set them up with a flash (no, that wouldn't be obvious), but they didn't erase the memory cards in the cameras. I'm pretty sure that would violate all kinds of privacy laws.

And, now the RCMP want their cameras back, claiming someone stole them. I'm sorry, but if you leave a camera out in a tree, it's called finding lost property, not stealing it.

Is there a rule that every week, the RCMP has to do something stupid to further show their incompetence?

RCMP cameras with crime photos found in trees - British Columbia - CBC News

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island

Perhaps the RCMP have been commissioned to find up-and-comming artists for government work.

Hypothetical
Suppose I, Spade, were flyfishing and absent mindedly leave my tackle on the river bank. Realizing my error, I return only to see Snidely Whiplash carrying my tackle. I approach Snidely and bring up the fact that the tackle is mine. "Ha!" he sneers, "Finders keepers, losers weepers!" Realizing Snidely will not return my tackle, I approach Constable Dudley Do-Right mounted on his horse, partially hidden behind a Procor tanker car, waiting to apprehend ne'erdowell grafitti artists. "I'll fix him!" cries Dudley. He gallops after Snidely and shouts. "Stop! I arrest you in the name of the Queen for theft!" Is not Dudley right?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007

Perhaps the RCMP have been commissioned to find up-and-comming artists for government work.

Hypothetical
Suppose I, Spade, were flyfishing and absent mindedly leave my tackle on the river bank. Realizing my error, I return only to see Snidely Whiplash carrying my tackle. I approach Snidely and bring up the fact that the tackle is mine. "Ha!" he sneers, "Finders keepers, losers weepers!" Realizing Snidely will not return my tackle, I approach Constable Dudley Do-Right mounted on his horse, partially hidden behind a Procor tanker car, waiting to apprehend ne'erdowell grafitti artists. "I'll fix him!" cries Dudley. He gallops after Snidely and shouts. "Stop! I arrest you in the name of the Queen for theft!" Is not Dudley right?
Yes, but then Nell screams out, as she has found herself in a pickle over on the main line, and it's dilemma time for poor Dudley, and Snyde takes that short eternity to make inquiries as to the whereabouts of Tenpenny's car.

(next)

:?P

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Tenpenny grabs a stapler from a nearby office, thereby striking fear into Dudley's heart.
Nell, on the other hand, is reported missing by her family, but because she is a woman of uncertain virtue, her whereabouts are not considered of any import to Dudley, and he ignores her plight completely.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
When Dudley Do-Right sees the stapler, he reaches for the bulge in his scarlet serge. "Shall I use my stunning weapon?" Dudley asks his trusted mount, Horse. "Neigh" answers Horse. Alas, too late. Dudley misses Tenpenny and hits Snidely. Snidely is writhing on the ground, tackle box broken open, flies imbedded in Horse.
Will cpr save Snidely? Will the CPR do in Nell? Stay tuned...

Last edited:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Squirrel is showing Moose photos from a camera Squirrel found in his tree. "OMG!" bellows Moose, "These photos are of Tenpenny totally... (This episode breaks for a Fruit Loops commercial)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Can you imagine the resources being spent to catch some guy who is suspected of
spray paint art? Putting cameras in trees with flash bulbs now that is brilliant.
Were they lighting up the area so they could remember where they put them?
I swear sometimes I wonder if the so called investigators could find their backside
with both hands and a flashlight. They entered private property and set up the
spy equipment with flash bulbs that the suspected offender found and gave his
lawyer for evidence. The cops want their camera or cameras back claiming they
are stolen. Well they were not stolen, they were illegally placed their and they
were intercepted and could be used as evidence against the people who put them
there. At least we that taxpayer will get the satisfaction of knowing that someone
will be able to use them as evidence.
The thing that is serious though it the fact the police do not erase the former pictures
that are embarrassing, or hurtful to others should they fall into the wrong hands. this
is nothing short of disgraceful and uncaring behaviour. This explains what has happened
to our police force nationally, they have lost their sence of empathy for others or those
who are innocent of any crime or wrong doing. It suggests to me the police are not bad
conspiring people they are uncaring, and completely absorbed by their own importance.
that is sometimes worse.
No I don't like spray paint people they are destructive but they should not be held to the
same level of crime as someone who has been sexually assaulted. Those pictures should
never have been left on the camera. It is time for the senior levels of the RCMP to get
control of their organization.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Squirrel runs down to the river, grabs the fishing gear, and hangs the memory card on the end of the hook. He casts out into the shallow pool, washing the coffee off the memory card.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Squirrel puts the memory card back in the camera. Then, Squirrel sits on his nuts piled under his tree. Moose is looking over his shoulder. "If only graffiti could be removed so easily" Squirrel sighs wistfully. "Here," remarks Squirrel "are more photos of Tenpenny."
Woooo! Woooooooooooah"
"You can say that again" affirms Squirrel.
"No!" yells Moose. "It's the CPR!"
Where is Nell? Oh no! Oh no! O!

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Luckily for Nell, the CPR is never on time, which no one, not even Inspector Fenwick of the Roman Catholic... er... Royal Canadian Mounted Police can figure out, and thankfully so, for he might have opted to play the back nine rather than respond immediately to Nell's distressed call from her cell...

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Squirrel. Moose, Tenpenny, Fenwick, Do-Right on Horse all rush to the main line. They leave Snidely lying quite still. He should never have taken tackle.
Nell is tied to the tracks. The locomotive rushes nearer and nearer.
"Are those knots clove hitches?" asks Fenwick.
"No, I think they're half hitches" counters Dudley.
"Neigh" Horse alarms.
Wooooo Woooooah!
Is this the death, Nell?