Russia Warns USA Not To Attack Iran

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
No problem, Canada and Charles Bouchard will look after it. ;)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Putin and his cronies still have vodka fueled delusions of grandure. Russia has neither the economic or logistical capabilities to do much of anything except make noise.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
......... Note to self...........
Stop posting USA attacks Iran threads.
OK noted.
LOL I'll try to find other more entertaining subjects =)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Putin and his cronies still have vodka fueled delusions of grandure. Russia has neither the economic or logistical capabilities to do much of anything except make noise.

Russia is still trying to expand deals with Iran's oil and gas consortiums. Any war would disrupt its supply and make its holdings in Dagestan and other Central Asian nations very vulnerable to sabotage. Therefore, while it is true that Russia is not the world power it once was, any jeopardy to its life blood would stimulate it to re-arm. If Hillary Clinton gets her way and the USA invades Iran, Russia could take steps to retaliate by jeopardizing the West's oil and gas supplies. And let's not forget that China also has oil-gas deals with Iran. It is not going to sit by and allow its life's blood to be taken away with impunity.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Russia is still trying to expand deals with Iran's oil and gas consortiums. Any war would disrupt its supply and make its holdings in Dagestan and other Central Asian nations very vulnerable to sabotage. Therefore, while it is true that Russia is not the world power it once was, any jeopardy to its life blood would stimulate it to re-arm. If Hillary Clinton gets her way and the USA invades Iran, Russia could take steps to retaliate by jeopardizing the West's oil and gas supplies. And let's not forget that China also has oil-gas deals with Iran. It is not going to sit by and allow its life's blood to be taken away with impunity.

The USA is NOT going to invade Iran.....don't be silly.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
In the video, it sounds less of threat and more of a warning. More like "don't touch that it's hot" than "don't touch that or I'll annihilate human life." The Russian official says "we warned of possible problems in Afghanistan, but no one listened to us. We hope that they will now listen and understand all the possible consequences of an attack." You can take that at face value or you can imagine its a cryptic threat.

The wording is pretty tame and Russia has been willing to use more direct threats in the past. At the same time, if you think Russia's going to start world war three over Iran, you ain't thinking straight.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
The USA is NOT going to invade Iran.....don't be silly.

Bush has Blair in his corner before the attack on Iraq. Despite Hillary's best efforts, she will not get Europe to agree to any such invasion. That is why there will be no attack (for now).

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Bush has Blair in his corner before the attack on Iraq. Despite Hillary's best efforts, she will not get Europe to agree to any such invasion. That is why there will be no attack (for now).

Despite Hillary's best efforts, she will not get Europe to agree to any such invasion. That is why there will be no attack (for now).

So Hillary Clinton has taken over the Presidency? She is a rouge operative? Obama has lost control of his Secretary of State?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
How come this warmongering democrat is not being protested?
It must be Bush's fault.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
So Hillary Clinton has taken over the Presidency? She is a rouge operative? Obama has lost control of his Secretary of State?

OK I am unsuccessfully smothering the urge to ask what I rouge operative is.

At the risk of offering an explanation to sarcasm, I read that to mean that the US has expended a lot of international political capital over the past decade, in garnering such support as they have for the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq, to the point that nothing Mrs Clinton (or any other American politician or diplomat) offers/does would be able to move Europe off the fence regarding Iran.

All of this, of course, would be dependant on someone (besides Israel acting in almost-paranoid self defense role) actually WANTING to attack Iran...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
World War III erupted in 1948. Ever since it has spewed death and misery. What we are afraid we will see is actually the bloodbath at the end. It's long past the time to be afraid. I envy the ignorant, they will enjoy every micro second before the flash carbonizes them. Even with six billions of toasted citizens the human footprint of CO2 will be nothing.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
World War III erupted in 1948. Ever since it has spewed death and misery. What we are afraid we will see is actually the bloodbath at the end. It's long past the time to be afraid. I envy the ignorant, they will enjoy every micro second before the flash carbonizes them. Even with six billions of toasted citizens the human footprint of CO2 will be nothing.

>.< thats not so bad when put in those words.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

We are at 7 Billion now - Please try to stay current -