WikiLeaks Assange to be extradited

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
UK court rules WikiLeaks's Assange should be extradited

UK court rules WikiLeaks's Assange should be extradited | Reuters

One of the dirtiest politically rancid situations going on. The US has him in their gun sites. Will be interesting to see what Sweden has in store for him...based on the "sexual misconduct " accusations .

One can only hope that the rule of the law is adhered to in the proper manner.

Assange Loses Extradition Bid, to Face Sex Charges in Sweden

more on same. Another source, perspective.

( the UK is probably relieved to be getting rid of this "hot potato.")

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Um, well he was accused of rape. So yes, he does need to answer to that, whether he did it or not.

I don't Sweden is a nation where questionable treatment of the accused occurs, in fact I've heard quite the opposite, so I'm sure he will receive fair treatment.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Um, well he was accused of rape. So yes, he does need to answer to that, whether he did it or not.

I don't Sweden is a nation where questionable treatment of the accused occurs, in fact I've heard quite the opposite, so I'm sure he will receive fair treatment.

Rape schmape... he's the leader of wikileaks and he can do whatever he wants according to Breezy. As long as he's a hater she'll always have a soft spot in her heart for him.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Rape schmape... he's the leader of wikileaks and he can do whatever he wants according to Breezy. As long as he's a hater she'll always have a soft spot in her heart for him.

Why let a little thing like a rape accusation get in the way?

And I'm sure Sweden is gonna put him on the rack and torture him. Viking bastards.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
UK court rules WikiLeaks's Assange should be extradited

UK court rules WikiLeaks's Assange should be extradited | Reuters

One of the dirtiest politically rancid situations going on. The US has him in their gun sites. Will be interesting to see what Sweden has in store for him...based on the "sexual misconduct " accusations .

( the UK is probably relieved to be getting rid of this "hot potato.")

Can you please explain the commentary of Sweden not having a democratic Justice System. Or is it because one of your heroes is going to face his accusers.

Will Sweden if he is found guilty be another country on you hit list????

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Yes, he is accused of sexual misconduct times TWO. If proven guilty , he should be penalized accordingly. Sweden from what I know....and the friends I have there......is a rather civil place. and not prone to barbarism. If anything, they are rather liberal by many standards.

The problem is......that the ones he really pissed are the americans by posting truths. The US might find a way to have him tried for some kind of treason or whatever they trump up , if they can get their hands on him.

The "rape" thing might just be smoke .....

If it were not for his publishing of various inormation , the world would not be the wiser about many political (US) shenanegans.

Why let a little thing like a rape accusation get in the way?

And I'm sure Sweden is gonna put him on the rack and torture him. Viking bastards.

What exactly do you KNOW about the legal process of / in Sweden???

Just because the US tortures , does not mean other nations do.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Yes, he is accused of sexual misconduct times TWO. If proven guilty , he should be penalized accordingly. Sweden from what I know....and the friends I have there......is a rather civil place. and not prone to barbarism. If anything, they are rather liberal by many standards.

The problem is......that the ones he really pissed are the americans by posting truths. The US might find a way to have him tried for some kind of treason or whatever they trump up , if they can get their hands on him.

If it were not for his publishing of various information , the world would not be the wiser about many political (US) shenanegans.

Goggle it - Now you imply - infer that Sweden is somehow succumbing to pressure - Any proof beside innuendo????

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

If this is the case, then by saying this....

...you would seem to be implying that this....

...is a rather civil place. and not prone to barbarism. If anything, they are rather liberal by many standards

...is actually not true.

Is this not a contradiction? If the charges are smoke, then the Swedish authorities would be complicit in their fabrication, because it is Sweden's charges.

And even if that were the case, and I'm not saying it is, there is still the fact that the charges would be tried in what I do believe is an open court system. In other words, the trial, should it come to that will be fair, I'm sure of it.

And this just tells me that you don't grasp sarcasm.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

If it were not for his publishing of various inormation , the world would not be the wiser about many political (US) shenanegans.

His sole aim was to prevent Diplomats from discussing sensitive subjects with their own country - That then leads to misunderstanding between countries. He is just another anarchist.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

...is actually not true.

Is this not a contradiction? If the charges are smoke, then the Swedish authorities would be complicit in their fabrication, because it is Sweden's charges.

And even if that were the case, and I'm not saying it is, there is still the fact that the charges would be tried in what I do believe is an open court system. In other words, the trial, should it come to that will be fair, I'm sure of it.

Good catch. She is implying that these are trumped up charges.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
In Sweden, sex assault gets little tolerance

Read more at: http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/in-sweden-sex-assault-gets-little-tolerance-71266?trendingnow&cp

His sole aim was to prevent Diplomats from discussing sensitive subjects with their own country - That then leads to misunderstanding between countries. He is just another anarchist.

WOW.......you give him a LOT of power. Don't think he had or has THAT much influence on politicians. But he did piss off some with his revelations.
That is why the US has him in their gunsites. They too have branded him a series of nasty names ..... and are following the Guilty until proven innocent model they have adopted for these cases.

...is actually not true.

And this just tells me that you don't grasp sarcasm.

Not implying anything........but will state for the record: Everyone is innocent until PROVEN guilty. But like many hi profile situations....... the verdict is in by the public and the trial is held by the public and on the internet / or media these days. The actual legal process is just going through the motions. and makes for another version of "reality TV" Where the lives of those involved in this theater are changed forever.via exposure .....and biased commentary.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That is why the US has him in their gunsites.
They have him in their sights, for publishing classified material. A criminal offence.

Remember, you said the law should be upheld?

Not implying anything........but will state for the record: Everyone is innocent until PROVEN guilty. But like many hi profile situations....... the verdict is in by the public and the trial is held by the public and on the internet / or media these days. The actual legal process is just going through the motions. and makes for another version of "reality TV" Where the lives of those involved in this theater are changed forever.via exposure .....and biased commentary.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Is what Wikileaks has done any different from the release of Watergate information that lead to Tricky Dicky resigning? If exposing illegal and immoral behaviour of governments is treason, what is the behaviour of said governments called?

Just curious.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Is what Wikileaks has done any different from the release of Watergate information that lead to Tricky Dicky resigning?
Yes.

If exposing illegal and immoral behaviour of governments is treason, what is the behaviour of said governments called?
Wikileaks didn't just publish what they determined was illegal or immoral. They published sensitive data and other classified documents that had nothing to do with morality or legality.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Is what Wikileaks has done any different from the release of Watergate information that lead to Tricky Dicky resigning? If exposing illegal and immoral behaviour of governments is treason, what is the behaviour of said governments called?

Just curious.

Exellent analogy. ( Watergate). and I think you know , what the behavior of said gov't is called.

Freedom of the press, freedom to do investigative reporting.... and protecting one's sources are all covered in Human rights and legal processes.

Stanley , the man who obtained the information has been in jail without proper legal process and apparently has been tortured ....for good measure.....probably to satisfy the rage of his captors.

What kind of country holds PEOPLE indefinately without a proper legal process??? (answer would be similar to your question) Not saying that some kind of crime has not been committed.......but hard pressed to define the type and perimeters of such.

The ONE FACT that is true in all this is: the US is pissed off because information about it has been made public and embarrassed them. IF they don't want to be embarrassed , then don't behave in ways that can come back to bite you in the proverbial butt. Plust don't LIE about wanting or being a "transparent" gov't. when secretive is the order of the day.

Truth be told.......the watergate situation was truly one of america's finest legal moments.....as well as how it was handled and how the accused was "deposed". They are to be commended for that.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Freedom of the press, freedom to do investigative reporting.... and protecting one's sources are all covered in Human rights and legal processes.
A line is drawn at classified data.

But it's best that you ignore that, for the purposes of remaining willfully obtuse.