Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
The most vile of the vile!!!!!!!!! parents.
They say revenge is best served cold. In the case of Hillary Adams, a Texas woman who recently posted a very disturbing video of her father violently beating her, the revenge nearly has freezer burn.

The video was made in 2004. She posted it last week on YouTube explaining that her father “took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time.” Her father is not just your average Texan. William Adams is a public figure, an Aransas County Court-at-Law judge. The video went viral after she posted it to Reddit, a site where users would be especially sympathetic to a judge’s corporal punishment for illegal downloading. Redditors launched a vigilante campaign, posting numbers for local law enforcement and media outlets (as well as pranking the judge by ordering pizzas to his home). From there, the video gained national attention within a day, from blogs as well as local media in Texas. The sheriff’s office is now launching an investigation.

Did I mention that the video is seven years old? Why post it now?

Well, Judge William Adams holds an elected office, and his daughter would prefer he not hold it. “Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can’t even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself,” she writes in the description of her video. “Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again.”

A viral video of your beating your daughter with a belt has to be even worse for an office-holder than naked photos of what’s below that belt. Someone has already created a “Don’t Re-Elect Judge William Adams” Facebook page, which has attracted thousands of fans. Sorry, Facebookers. Aransas County does have an election coming up next week, but Adams’s term is not up this time around. Of course, the public attention to this could well lead to his stepping down, though he tells a local news affiliate that the incident “happened years ago,” that he “apologized,” and that “it’s not as bad as it looks on tape.”

It does look pretty bad, especially to someone who grew up in a household that frowned even on spanking. (The video makes me wonder if other children who suffer violence at home could use the tool of public shame to help them, or if this one caught on solely because it involved a public figure.)

The power of video here is fairly incredible. Had Hillary Adams, now in her 20s, suddenly stepped forward and said her father beat her as a child, it likely wouldn’t get much traction. But the video places the incident in the here and now, almost making the seven years that have elapsed insignificant. Adams surely couldn’t have imagined that a punishment of his daughter in the privacy of his home could come back to haunt him professionally years later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Comments everywhere (/b/, reddit, youtube, ogrish etc) are going absolutely nuts over this. Trolls having a field day.

But one angle I read was akin to watching your own self on tape (which most of us have never done, whether it's child spanking, wife-beating, hurling racial slurs and such). It's almost a horror show having to see yourself perform so badly. Whether you think it justified or not.

Our own verbal tale of how something went down vs finding out it was recorded and then let others see it with you, is another kettle of bubblegum.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Sorry - will someone fix my post. It wasn't even supposed to have the youtube vid in there once let alone more than once. I thought I was backing out of posting it but - obviously not. I think it had something to do with two of us posting at once. I never even hit "post reply".

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
WTF is wrong with these people!

The part that is making me smile is that she did do at least one more thing on the computer... she uploaded this beating onto Youtube! Take that Mom and Dad. Pack you trash and move because your name is MUD in that community.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Can't see the video cause I'm at work and its blocked but one should never spank with anything but your bare hand if you are going to spank. And why on earth would you videotape the disipline in the first place?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The power of video here is fairly incredible. Had Hillary Adams, now in her 20s, suddenly stepped forward and said her father beat her as a child, it likely wouldn’t get much traction. But the video places the incident in the here and now, almost making the seven years that have elapsed insignificant. Adams surely couldn’t have imagined that a punishment of his daughter in the privacy of his home could come back to haunt him professionally years later.

It is very credible and relevent in my opinion. Parents like this think that their children will forget how they were treated and abused. Now she's a grown woman and yes, revenge can be sweet. Good for her.

Can't see the video cause I'm at work and its blocked but one should never spank with anything but your bare hand if you are going to spank. And why on earth would you videotape the disipline in the first place?

When you get home you'll see. It was no spanking, it was a beating worthy of arrest. A constant whipping with a belt coupled with the F Bomb.

Hey Judge Adams... is she obedient enough now?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I don't believe that there's anything wrong with spanking a child, but I'm talking about spanking, not beating. And I'm talking about a child, not a 14 or 16 year old.

This guy is nuts, or at least he was when he did this. Taking a belt and beating a teenager while you swear at them is not discipline. It's abuse and anger.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This guy is nuts, or at least he was when he did this. Taking a belt and beating a teenager while you swear at them is not discipline. It's abuse and anger.

I read CNN just now. She said she released it after she recieved "a barrage of harrassment over the phone". Daddy must have lost control over his adult daughter. Poor guy. (sarcasm)

His daughter Hillary also says her father needs help not hatred. Clearly she is still afraid of him by that response.

Oh to have another video of his face when he found out that the whole thing was taped and now has world wide attention.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The joy is that he's finally going to have to deal with it.

Good, I'm glad to hear that.

Bastard, hope he pays dearly.

Also hope with it being on YouTube that anyone out there who behaves similarly and "doesn't think it's that bad" will grab a clue.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Good, I'm glad to hear that.

Bastard, hope he pays dearly.

Also hope with it being on YouTube that anyone out there who behaves similarly and "doesn't think it's that bad" will grab a clue.

One of the things he said in the clip...

"See what problems computers cause..."

Isn't that poetic!

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
It is very credible and relevent in my opinion. Parents like this think that their children will forget how they were treated and abused. Now she's a grown woman and yes, revenge can be sweet. Good for her.

When you get home you'll see. It was no spanking, it was a beating worthy of arrest. A constant whipping with a belt coupled with the F Bomb.

Hey Judge Adams... is she obedient enough now?
It was sickening. It wasn't just one parent though - mother took part as well. Anyone who does that to a child should rot in hell.

He said, 'It's not as bad as it looks on tape'

I'd like to see him get the same treatment.
He said that and he said it was a long time ago and that he said he was sorry. Huh! I bet he's sorry - now that the video is out. I wonder how many more times she had to go through it when the camera wasn't running. How much worse would it have been for her had he known it was being filmed. Makes me shudder.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
One of the things he said in the clip...

"See what problems computers cause..."

Isn't that poetic!

I love irony, I really do.

Feel sorry for the daughter though. Not only for that beating but also for the trip they all must of played on her head. (Cuz you know that was not the only one). It couldn't have been easy for her to post it and it's a damn shame she had anything to post at all.

In my mind, I'm seeing what she did (by posting it) as some way to take the pain and bring it out in the open. And I hope it helps her somewhat.

Him I do not give a **** about. He deserves whatever's coming to him.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I can't believe that beating was a one time thing. I'm sure that girl will carry the psychological
scars of that kind of verbal and physical abuse for the rest of her life. Every positive thing she learned
from her "parents" would be wiped out. He should go to jail for ten years....at least.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It was sickening. It wasn't just one parent though - mother took part as well. Anyone who does that to a child should rot in hell.

He said that and he said it was a long time ago and that he said he was sorry. Huh! I bet he's sorry - now that the video is out. I wonder how many more times she had to go through it when the camera wasn't running. How much worse would it have been for her had he known it was being filmed. Makes me shudder.

After you posted this I went out to find the story. Her mother said she herself was abused and now she hopes that they can all go on with their lives and "heal". Her mother's hit was just as hard as the father's hits and she was totally complicit. Any good mother would have stood up for her child.

The daughter said she set up the camera just so she could catch it on tape as it was not the first time that happened.

You bet he's sorry now.

I love irony, I really do.

Feel sorry for the daughter though. Not only for that beating but also for the trip they all must of played on her head. (Cuz you know that was not the only one). It couldn't have been easy for her to post it and it's a damn shame she had anything to post at all.

In my mind, I'm seeing what she did (by posting it) as some way to take the pain and bring it out in the open. And I hope it helps her somewhat.

Him I do not give a **** about. He deserves whatever's coming to him.

For as long as she put up with it I am glad she waited. It wasn't opportune to post it so long ago. Now videos like this go viral and fast.

She let the genie out of the bottle perfectly timed.