Attack on NATO convoy kills 17 in Afghanistan

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) -- A Taliban suicide bomber rammed a vehicle loaded with explosives into an armored NATO bus Saturday on a busy thoroughfare in Kabul, killing 17 people, including a dozen Americans, in the deadliest strike against the U.S.-led coalition in the Afghan capital since the war began.
The blast occurred on the same day that a man wearing an Afghan army uniform killed three coalition troops, who were reportedly Australian, in the south - attacks that show the resiliency of the insurgency and are likely to raise new doubts about the unpopular 10-year-old war and the Western strategy of trying to talk peace with the Taliban.

News from The Associated Press

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
The perpetual war there continues with this kind of outcome.

Are folks getting immune to the DEATHS THAT the "west" is causing?? Have we all gotten that jaded and barbed now??

Don't think we of the "west" can expect much respect from that region for a very long time to come......as whatever these people are, they are PEOPLE and they have long memories.

(just as most do about other world war atrocities that are too horrible to even think about )

Gee, did someone hit Harper on the head with a noodle??

Prime Minister Stephen Harper has backed away from the risk assessment he offered last fall of the Canadian military's new mission in Afghanistan, in the wake of a soldier's death there on Saturday.
Speaking to reporters in Perth, Australia, after the conclusion of a summit of Commonwealth leaders, Harper said the Canadian Forces' current role training the Afghan National Army "involves significant risks."
"Any presence in Afghanistan, as I know from my own travel there, is fraught with risk," the prime minister said Sunday. "So there will remain risk to our defence personnel."
That assessment differs from what he said when the Conservative government announced last November that 950 troops would remain in Afghanistan to help with training and aid.

Harper retreats on Afghan mission risks - Politics - CBC News

sometimes he presents himself as being totally clueless ,:-(

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The perpetual war there continues with this kind of outcome.

Are folks getting immune to the DEATHS THAT the "west" is causing?? Have we all gotten that jaded and barbed now??

Don't think we of the "west" can expect much respect from that region for a very long time to come......as whatever these people are, they are PEOPLE and they have long memories.

(just as most do about other world war atrocities that are too horrible to even think about )

Gee, did someone hit Harper on the head with a noodle??

Harper retreats on Afghan mission risks - Politics - CBC News

sometimes he presents himself as being totally clueless ,:-(
It was a Taliban terrorist that exploded the bomb, not a westerner.
Do you even read what is written before you post your pro terrorist propaganda?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
It was a Taliban terrorist that exploded the bomb, not a westerner.
Do you even read what is written before you post your pro terrorist propaganda?

No need to get NASTY. At this point it matters little who did the bombing as the environment created by the invasion allows for this to take place. There is a bigger point here than who did the bombing.

The issue also is: How long is this war of horrors going to go on?? Indefinately?? ( as one suspects)

This kind of bombing has been par for the course of this occupation.

Pro terrorist propaganda??? My my ........more of that narrow minded simpleton "with US or with the terrorists."...that all inclusive term that covers a multitude of sinners.-real and imagined ) Also known as a BUSHISM.

T.slave: thanks for the thumbs down. from you , that is a compliment .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
T.slave: thanks for the thumbs down. from you , that is a compliment

Which shows just how far divorced from reality you are.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
There is a bigger point here than who did the bombing.

To complicated for most to understand.
Your talking about the big picture.

pro terrorist propaganda

I guess the pro War propaganda really is working on you if you belive that.
Ocean Breeze is pro Peace

Shows just how far divorced from reality you are.

There is nothing we can do to control someone that decide's to cause us harm.
The motive behind the attacks could be from many diffrent source.

The only control we have is how we react to them.
If you think hiting them back is going to solve this situation.
Your the one that needs a reality check.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
To complicated for most to understand.
Your talking about the big picture.

I guess the pro War propaganda really is working on you if you belive that.
Ocean Breez is pro Peace

There is nothing we can do to control someone that decide's to cause us harm.
The motive behind the attacks could be from many diffrent source.

The only control we have is how we react to them.
If you think hiting them back is going to solve this situation.
Your the one that needs a reality check.

This from a guy who believes that we zapped Libya because their dictator wanted to give Africa a satellite.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
No need to get NASTY.

Get over it.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
We have diffrent opinion on what happened in Libya.

Why are you derailing this thread with that?
This thread was in Afganistan not in Libya.

we don't have to all agree on everything. Get over it.

I'm not derailing anything.

Your moron girlfriend can't read as taxslave pointed out and you came to her rescue with a big roll of alcan.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Derisive attempts on behalf of blind conformists to discredit and stigmatise those who dare to question authority.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Derisive attempt on behalf of blind conformists to discredit and stigmatise those who dare to question authority.

Really? I thought I was pointing how absolutely moronic she was. I had no idea I was being a conformist. Funny that you would call me a conformist since I have been calling for the withdrawal of Nato from Afghanistan for over two years.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Really? I thought I was pointing how absolutely moronic she was. I had no idea I was being a conformist. Funny that you would call me a conformist since I have been calling for the withdrawal of Nato from Afghanistan for over two years.

Was for DaSleeper.