War Crimes & Atrocities.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
'Kill team' leader Calvin Gibbs tried for Afghan deaths

The Pentagon has said the murders have damages America's image in the rest of the world Gee, Ya think. ??

but it has been damaged with earlier atrocities too. There is no repair for such atrocities. No matter who commits them. There is no preferential treatment of one over another. An atrocity is an atrocity. and must be legally handled on its own lack of merit.

A US soldier accused of killing Afghan civilians and keeping their remains as war trophies is to face military trial.

It is alleged that Staff Sgt Calvin Gibbs, 26, was the ringleader of a "kill team" that included four other soldiers who carried out the killings.

The trial, held in Washington state, involves some of the most serious allegations of atrocities committed by US soldiers in Afghanistan.

If convicted, Sgt Gibbs could face life in prison without parole.

Sgt Gibbs, from Billings, Montana, has been charged with three counts of premeditated murder as well as cutting fingers off dead bodies.

BBC News - 'Kill team' leader Calvin Gibbs tried for Afghan deaths

Didn't a poster try to make a case about another nations barbarism by claiming that fingers etc were cut off? One does not have to look to other nations to see that barbarism exists right in your own back yard. being an "american" does not exempt one from the law. (any more than one can excempt the premeditated MURDERS of OBL and Gaddhafi. At least the Libyan gov't is going to investigate that barbarism. Nothing so far about the targetted assassination of OBL.

The POINT is.......IF the 'west" is to be an example of true democracy, legal process, humanitarianism and a respecting agent of human rights..........it is going about it in a crazy way. Ugly precidents have been set.

And NO .....folks can't keep using 9-11 to justify their atrocities and vengeful conduct. It is totally irresponsible. Spain, the UK and other targetted areas of terrorism......handled the crimes of terrorism much more maturely and effectively. Without over reacting with high noon drama as if they were the only ones that have been insulted.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I think someone needs a good psychiatrist....

The fact an American military person is being investigated on war crimes would tend to belie the constant rants of bloodlust.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

The fact an American military person is being investigated on war crimes would tend to belie the constant rants of bloodlust.

Myself I am waiting for the Taliban to hold their own to account for War Crimes committed against civilians.

Guess I would not want to be hanging till that happens.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
How many threads are needed for your U.S. hate?????
Someone should start a poll:lol:

If you don't want to unlock your lips from your american friends rectum, then just don't come into the threads that you deam to be "anti" to your bum buddies.

What american military person is being investigated for war crimes? Can you supply a link? I seem to have missed that announcement.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Leader of “Kill Team” Pleads Not Guilty
Staff Sgt. Calvin Gibbs was described by one of his comrades as homicidal, as "evil incarnate"

by John Glaser, October 31, 2011

The US Army staff sergeant in charge of the notorious “Kill Team” in Afghanistan admitted in court on Monday to cutting the fingers off of the corpses of three Afghan civilians as trophies, but denied foreknowledge of a series of premeditated murders of Afghan civilians last year.
Staff Sgt. Calvin Gibbs was the senior-most soldier in the 5th Stryker Brigade in Kandahar province, the army unit that planned and committed executions of multiple innocent, unarmed Afghan civilians, framing the dead as having been a threat, boasting about their kills, and mutilating their corpses.

Leader of “Kill Team” Pleads Not Guilty -- News from Antiwar.com

Myself I am waiting for the Taliban to hold their own to account for War Crimes committed against civilians.

Guess I would not want to be hanging till that happens.

Just because they are a horrific example of barbarism........does not mean that "we" have to behave the same way. Are "we" not supposed to be an example of civility , law abiding and humanitarian society??