Racist Costumes

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Ridiculous, you pretty much need a check-list in order to not offend someone or group in one way or another.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ahhh ****! So much for the gay, black, stormtrooper hooker from the forest moon of Endor...back to the drawing board.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
So if a white kid pulls a white sheet over his/her head, does that make them a white person or does it just make them a pretend ghost for a few hours??? If I paint half my face red and the other yellow does that mean I look plain silly for a few hours or does it make me racist toward First Nations and Asian people?
Why don't people get over themselves?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
A couple was invited to a swanky costume party.
Unfortunately, the wife came down with a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the party alone.

He being a devoted husband protested, but she argued and said she was going to take some aspirin and go to bed and there was no need for his good time being spoiled by not going.
So he took his costume and away he went.
The wife, after sleeping soundly for about an hour, awakened without pain and, as it was still early enough, decided to go the party.
Since her husband did not know what her costume was, she thought she would have some fun by watching her husband to see how he acted when she was not with him.
She joined the party and soon spotted her husband cavorting around on the dance floor, dancing with every nice woman he could, and copping a little touch here and a little kiss there.
His wife sidled up to him and being a rather seductive babe herself, he left his current partner high and dry and devoted his time to the new babe that had just arrived. She let him go as far as he wished... Naturally, (since he was her husband.)

Finally, he whispered a little proposition in her ear and she agreed. So off they went to one of the cars and had a quickie.
Just before unmasking at midnight, she slipped away, went home, put the costume away and got into bed, wondering what kind of explanation he would make for his behaviour.
She was sitting up reading when he came in, and she asked what kind of a time he had.
He said: "Oh, the same old thing. You know I never have a good time when you're not there."
- "Did you dance much ?"
- "You know, I never even danced one dance. When I got there, I met Pete, Bill Browning and some other guys, so we went into the den and played poker all evening. But you're not going to believe what happened to the guy I loaned my costume to...."

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
i remember sometime ago on the news 2 guys dressed up as master and slave.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
There's a few people on this forum that like to throw the word "racist" around. I wonder what they think of this.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Dolly is gross? She doesn't need Auto-Tune or a publicist to say "she may be butt ugly, but she has talent" or "no, she is is not a herm it's just a reeeeeeeally big clitoris".

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Dolly is gross? She doesn't need Auto-Tune or a publicist to say "she may be butt ugly, but she has talent" or "no, she is is not a herm it's just a reeeeeeeally big clitoris".
Sorry - it's gross. That bright red lipstick even worse!

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
What blows my mind is that it takes so few loonies to change things.I think the world is now filled with vacume heads that are eagerly waiting for sombody to make up their mind for them,then of course take responsibility when things turn to shyte.Just hang on,that bandwagon will be along any minute now.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I love the CBC primer on what's racist or not.

If people want to be racist, let them be racist. If you want to be dumb enough to dress like the KKK, then go for it.

The natural repercussions will follow, but we don't need to be (or at least I don't need to be) lectured by the media on what's racist or not. I'm sure we'll all find out who's touchy about what through our own experiences.