Investigation appears underway in Kadaffy's death.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
What are they investigating and why? On the surface, he was a dictator killed in a civil war after his gov't collapsed. Who would be looking much deeper than that?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What are they investigating and why? On the surface, he was a dictator killed in a civil war after his gov't collapsed. Who would be looking much deeper than that?
People with an agenda hoping to pin it on the US?

Sadly, it was Canada that set him up for a quick dispatch.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
He's dead, who care? He played a dangerous game and lost.
Did he play of his own accord?

Seems he was cozy with the US, then suddenly not so cozy with the US.

What exactly did he do, that was a threat to nations of the North Atlantic?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not all that upset that he's dead. What's eating at me is why.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Obviously, he died of Lead poisoning.

Well then, that should settle the matter!

Did he play of his own accord?

Seems he was cozy with the US, then suddenly not so cozy with the US.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not all that upset that he's dead. What's eating at me is why.

Perhaps people feel most threatened, when they don't know exactly what he's done or is capable of! :lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Perhaps people feel most threatened, when they don't know exactly what he's done or is capable of! :lol:
Well, he seemed capable of assisting in anti terror operations, acting as the US' defacto terrorist interrogator, and being an arms length ally of the US.

How does that threaten NATO Nations?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well, he seemed capable of assisting in anti terror operations, acting as the US' defacto terrorist interrogator, and being an arms length ally of the US.

How does that threaten NATO Nations?

I don't delve too much into world politics, but perhaps the feelings of his own people (they are still doing cartwheels) trumps other considerations.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
He kicked out PetroCan/Suncor...three weeks later Canadian bombs started falling.

Maybe you should change your avatar to this:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Kadaffy's capture and execution was broadcast to the world. Investigation shouldn't take long, certainly
not as long as a trial.:roll:;-)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Maybe you should change your avatar to this:

Why would I want to do that? Does he work for Suncor/PetroCan or Talisman (BP)?

Suncor Visit to Tripoli with Minister Baird

In our most recent update on Libya from a couple of weeks ago, we noted that we have a number of considerations to work through before returning fully to business in Libya.

First and foremost on that list of considerations is safety and security. There are a number of ways to get information about the current conditions in Tripoli and elsewhere, and we are certainly pursuing multiple avenues.

For example, a member of Suncor’s executive team recently accompanied Canada’s minister of Foreign Affairs on a visit to Tripoli. We were pleased to be a part of Minister Baird’s delegation. While this visit was only one source of information and quite a short visit, we hope it may help Suncor in our ongoing efforts to form a better picture of the current situation in Tripoli.

Suncor (or Petro-Canada, as we’re still known in Libya) has a 49% working
interest in Harouge Oil Operations, which is a joint venture company with the
National Oil Corporation of Libya (NOC). Harouge is charged with developing and
producing from existing fields (including Amal, Ghani, En Naga and Ed Dib), and
new commercial discoveries.
Do you think they have more than 49% now that Gaddafi is gone?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
He was wounded when pulled off the truck but not bleeding from the head based on what I saw.

I still haven't seen the kill shot. Until we do, there's no way to sort it out. But I think we can agree that it was not the 'cross fire' that some have floated as to how he bit the dust. Appears to be a small calibre handgun that did the job. The video must be in someones' hands though.

There were so many over zealous, rauchous 'rebels' pulling, dragging and manhandling him. Nobody seemed to be the senior guy.

Could have been that one of the excitable boys wanted to be 'the one' and performed the temple shot (that I assumed finished him off).

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

The why would be gold dinars and public banking coupled with a very high national standard of living exercising very good wealth distribution exceeding most of the western pretenders even. Success like that will get you killed and your country razed to the ground. By us,the family values pretenders.

Last edited: