Canada will support Libya in quest for democracy

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Canada will support Libya in quest for democracy

Canada is calling for a quick end to military action in Libya following the death of Moammar Gadhafi, but it is still vowing to help the battered country with its quest for democracy, Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird said Friday.
NATO ambassadors were expected to meet in Brussels Friday to discuss an end to the seven-month military campaign against the North African country that led to the end of the brutal 42-year rule of dictator Gadhafi.
But Baird was clear that Canada wants to shift the focus of its efforts from military action to that of a peaceful transition towards democracy...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

"Hi, Welcome to Sharia ruled Libya!" -Mustafa Abdel Jalil Sept 13, 2011

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...alil-says-Sharia-law-used-Gaddafi-regime.html

The National Transitional Council chairman said: 'We seek a state of law, prosperity and one where sharia is the main source for legislation, and this requires many things and conditions.'

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
'And he said that 'extremist ideology' would not be tolerated under the new regime.'

But hey, whatever it takes you to be right I guess.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
'And he said that 'extremist ideology' would not be tolerated under the new
regime.'
Pfffffffffb.

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Pfffffffffb.
Is he lying?

I mean you kept claiming Libya was being run by al Qaeda. We know that isn't true.

The very man that just said extremism is over, also reigned in the only Al Qaeda member of the rebel leadership.

Seems, even though Sharia is going to be the basis of their legislation, it is to be tempered by the philosophy of a democratic republic.

I don't believe in installing American style democracy. I see a Sharia based style, being more palatable to the locals.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No **** Sherlock.
Awww, are you still butt hurt because I made you look foolish when I showed your silly al Qaeda claims, were, well, silly?

Want some advice?
Not from someone that makes stuff up.

Stay the **** away from bridge salesman.
Gotchya, stay away from and don't buy anything posted by petros. Good advice.

Anyways Sherlock, does that mean the human rights lawyer, is a sham?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The very man that just said extremism is over, also reigned in the only Al
Qaeda member of the rebel leadership.
No al Qaeda? There is al Qaeda? They just risked their lives for ****s and giggles to have Jalil tell the non-existant al Qaeda to **** off?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Awww, are you still butt hurt because I made you look foolish when I showed your silly al Qaeda claims, were, well, silly?

Not from someone that makes stuff up.

Gotchya, stay away from and don't buy anything posted by petros. Good advice.

Anyways Sherlock, does that mean the human rights lawyer, is a sham?

There is an Al Quaeda element that controls many of these so called units - Islamists while a minority are always, always well motivated. After all they have Allah on their side.

Then you have the tribes and honor - Killing Qaddafi - wait to see how that one works out.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No al Qaeda? There is al Qaeda? They just risked their lives for ****s and giggles to have Jalil tell the non-existant al Qaeda to **** off?
Difficulty reading? Or are the questions to hard?

There is an Al Quaeda element that controls many of these so called units - Islamists while a minority are always, always well motivated. After all they have Allah on their side.
One al Qaeda rebel leader. No power in Tripoli. Reigned in by the NTC.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Well, the words sound nice. What kind of support are they talking about?? And business being business, what is in it for Harper??

Mind you .....it will be fascinating to watch how this fragmented country will evolve now.