Michael Bryant putting out a book

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Set aside your pennies if you want kids.

Or you could read a good book like The Equinox instead. ;-)

Michael Bryant book to tell his 'descent into a kind of hell'

TORONTO - Michael Bryant’s take on what it’s like to face prosecution by a system you once ran is coming to a bookstore near you.
The former Ontario attorney general never did face trial after being charged with criminal negligence causing death after a confrontation with cyclist D’Arcy Sheppard — the case was dropped — but the experience will be chronicled by Bryant in a planned book called 28 Seconds.

“There is an untold story within this tragedy, and I wanted to share that story. It’s important to pass along lessons learned regarding our justice system. I’m ready to speak to these very personal issues,” Bryant said in a media release Monday.
But he’s not ready to speak just yet.

more...

Michael Bryant book to tell his 'descent into a kind of hell' | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
He really did go through an ordeal. I remember all those unbiased Torontonians ready to BBQ him without the facts.

And Keith, if ever I can afford a publicist you get the job.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
He really did go through an ordeal. I remember all those unbiased Torontonians ready to BBQ him without the facts.

He had his defenders too, it was mostly the anarchist bicycle squad that wanted him lynched. I'm not about to shed a tear for his ordeal though, he has far more access to resources to defend him self then lets say you or I would have.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
He must be a swine, because those bicycle couriers never get upset at normal citizens, they never try to run you down on the sidewalk, or treat everyone as if they're obstacles to be pushed out of the way.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
He had his defenders too, it was mostly the anarchist bicycle squad that wanted him lynched. I'm not about to shed a tear for his ordeal though, he has far more access to resources to defend him self then lets say you or I would have.

Yes he has more resources, but this also happened on his wedding anniversary and those defending him I say Kudo's, now check the next quote.

He's a swine-pure and simple.

Simple illustrates your understanding of the event in question.

He must be a swine, because those bicycle couriers never get upset at normal citizens, they never try to run you down on the sidewalk, or treat everyone as if they're obstacles to be pushed out of the way.

Don't go confusing him with facts.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I see I'm the only city cyclist on this thread-to be expected.

Being a cyclist has nothing to do with what happened in this case other than the guy on the bike was hopped up on drugs and would not relent for three blocks.. If that's how you view things, maybe you oughta park your bike.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I haven't liked the guy since he banned pitbulls (you know that's just a stone's throw from being a racist?) , so I think he deserves heaps of scorn for his every misadventure or over-reaction.

Last edited:

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I haven't liked the guy since he banned pitbulls (you know that's just a stone's throw from being a racist?) , so I think he deserve heaps of scorn for his every misadventure or over-reaction.

Policy is one thing, this was another. Though I'll likely never own one, I agree the Pit-Bull thing was stupid.