Obama Sends US Troops to Uganda

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Two days ago President Obama authorized the deployment to Uganda of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. forces to help regional forces “remove from the battlefield” – meaning capture or kill – Lord’s Resistance Army leader Joseph Kony and senior leaders of the LRA.

The forces will deploy beginning with a small group and grow over the next month to 100. They will ultimately go to Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, with the permission of those countries.

more...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...ps-to-uganda-to-combat-lords-resistance-army/

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
WHAAAAAAAT! Another one!

Combat "equipped" Special Forces... EQUIPPED..... ahhhh... ya think?

When are they going to give GW a Nobel Peace Prize retroactively?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Re: US troops go to Africa !

Hey, sh it, way way way way back, we're all from Africa.

I happen to think it's a bit late in the game to "help" Africans. There's probably about a million or so less than there were when the Darfur thing started. Definitely less than when Somalia happened.

And the UN debated the meaning of genocide for 5 or so years.

But now, they're going, in advisory positions only....................just like Vietnam...............There must be some super oil deposits just discovered.

I actually heard a Canadian broadcaster in a phone in show call Obama a hypocrite...............woof!! Ya think??

The whole world is becoming a fukkin Gong Show..............or maybe has been for a bit.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

I happen to think it's a bit late in the game to "help" Africans. There's probably about a million or so less than there were when the Darfur thing started. Definitely less than when Somalia happened.

But now, they're going, in advisory positions only....................just like Vietnam...............There must be some super oil deposits just discovered.

I actually heard a Canadian broadcaster in a phone in show call Obama a hypocrite...............woof!! Ya think??

The whole world is becoming a fukkin Gong Show..............or maybe has been for a bit.

No oil exports or even production, but about a billion bbl proved reserve. Sounds
like a lot, but puts them way down the list of countries with oil reserves:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publica...anda&countryCode=ug&regionCode=afr&rank=40#ug

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Actually it was Rwanda. But Somailia sucked too.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

W e could have done the ultimate generous act and left Africa to Africans but our superior sense of charity and love has let our hearts rule and continues to. Consequently we have ruined Africa with humanitarian passion. We deserve a medal, we deserve all the metal.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Mods, please merge this with RCS earlier thread.

I be scooped by da man!

Thanks.

Oops, make that Nugglers' thread.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Meanwhile, back to the op and away from that which sucks wind.

I really don't have an issue with Obama zapping these cockroaches where they hide, but I fear that in situations like this we end up with an escalation of troops which can lead to another Mogadishu. In that we suddenly find ourselves caught up in tribalism with a President afraid to commit fully to the mission and troops hampered by the utter stupidity of UN restrictions.