Here we go again...Canada should arrest Bush when he visits B.C.: Amnesty

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
OTTAWA — Amnesty International Canada says the federal government should arrest former U.S. president George W. Bush when he visits British Columbia next week.

The rights body says both Canadian and international law oblige Canada to detain Bush and investigate him for war crimes and torture.

Amnesty Canada's secretary general, Alex Neve, says Bush admits in his memoirs that he authorized the use of torture against terror suspects.

Neve says the Americans used a variety of torture methods, including waterboarding, beatings and sleep deprivation.

He says Amnesty has sent a lengthy document to the federal government, outlining its responsibilities under international law.

Bush and former president Bill Clinton are scheduled to attend an economic conference in Surrey, B.C., next week.

Read more: Canada should arrest Bush when he visits B.C.: Amnesty - CTV News

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Thankfully Amnesty International has no control over the police and thus the authorities are under no obligation to cooperate with their ridiculous demands.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Thankfully Amnesty International has no control over the police and thus the authorities are under no obligation to cooperate with their ridiculous demands.
Not to mention their ridiculous interpretation of international law.

Do you have any idea how many times I have proven what they say is law, really isn't?

Ask EAO, it's one of the biggest reasons he ignores my posts.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Lets not and say we did: when I ask questions, I prefer answers to BS...

You know he's going to cry that I have brainwashed you to believe that eh?

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
OTTAWA — Amnesty International Canada says the federal government should arrest former U.S. president George W. Bush when he visits British Columbia next week.

The rights body says both Canadian and international law oblige Canada to detain Bush and investigate him for war crimes and torture.

Amnesty Canada's secretary general, Alex Neve, says Bush admits in his memoirs that he authorized the use of torture against terror suspects.

Neve says the Americans used a variety of torture methods, including waterboarding, beatings and sleep deprivation.

He says Amnesty has sent a lengthy document to the federal government, outlining its responsibilities under international law.

Bush and former president Bill Clinton are scheduled to attend an economic conference in Surrey, B.C., next week.

Read more: Canada should arrest Bush when he visits B.C.: Amnesty - CTV News
I think they should hold him hostage for the return of Marc Emery.

Hell, it worked for the palestinians, didn't it?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think they should hold him hostage for the return of Marc Emery.

Hell, it worked for the palestinians, didn't it?

1,000 Palestinians for 1 Israeli last I heard. It kind of gives you a barometer on the respect for life between the two.

But back to the foolishness of Amnesty Intl.

Who they heck are they to outline Canada's responsibility to anything?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
America was one of the nations that crafted the terms of international law following the
collapse of Nazi Germany. Of course they are above those laws., they are America.
More and more with the patriot act and other repressive laws and prison systems like
privatization of those institutions, the Americans are demonstrating that they believe in
democracy as long as it is convenient.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I've heard all manner of purely speculative, circumstantial claims/accusations.

But nothing that would stand up in a court of law.

Can one of you people that are in the KNOW, please prove to me, that there is enough evidence to even charge the pair?

ETA: Please be aware, I am well acquainted with the difference between circumstantial evidence, and concrete evidence.

There has to be a prospect of conviction, for a charge to be forwarded for trail. Purely speculative, assumption, paint roller connect the dots, circumstantial, hearsay, supposition, isn't enough.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Where was amnesty international when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad came to the USA. Why didn't they call for his arrest when he visited the United States?

How come Amnesty International is trying to protect war criminals that Canada is trying deport?

Here's a snippet from Christopher Hitchens on Amnesty International

Amnesty International has just suspended one of its senior officers, a woman named Gita Sahgal who until recently headed the organization's "gender unit." It's fairly easy to summarize her concern in her own words. "To be appearing on platforms with Britain's most famous supporter of the Taliban, whom we treat as a human rights defender," she wrote, "is a gross error of judgment." One might think that to be an uncontroversial statement, but it led to her immediate suspension.

The background is also distressingly easy to summarize. Moazzem Begg, a British citizen, was arrested in Pakistan after fleeing Afghanistan in the aftermath of the intervention in 2001. He was imprisoned in Guantanamo Bay and then released. He has since become the moving spirit in a separate organization calling itself Cageprisoners. Begg does not deny his past as an Islamist activist, which took him to Afghanistan in the first place. He does not withdraw from his statement that the Taliban was the best government available to Afghanistan. Cageprisoners has another senior member named Asim Qureshi, who speaks in defense of jihad at rallies sponsored by the extremist group Hizb-ut Tahrir (banned in many Muslim countries). Cageprisoners also defends men like Abu Hamza, leader of the mosque that sheltered Richard "Shoe Bomber" Reid among many other violent and criminal characters who have been convicted in open court of heinous offenses that have nothing at all to do with freedom of expression. Yet Amnesty International includes Begg in delegations that petition the British government about human rights. For Saghal to say that Cageprisoners has a program that goes "way beyond being a prisoners' rights organization" is to say the very least of it. But that's all she had to say in order to be suspended from her job. As I write this, she is experiencing some difficulty in getting a lawyer to represent her. Such is—so far—the prestige of Amnesty International. "Although it is said that we must defend everybody no matter what they've done," she comments, "it appears that if you're a secular, atheist, Asian British woman, you don't deserve a defense from our civil rights firms."

Read More

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Well you know it's just a load of horsesh it, and it ain't gonna happen, so what's the fukkin point!!!

Fukker should have been hung when he stood on that aircraft carrier and said "Bring it on".....................stupid goddam puppet idiot drunken ****head. How many American patriotic SONS have been killed due to that filthy ********er's mouth.

And again when he said "Helluva job, Brownie", after Katrina, after several blacks had been shot by N.Orleans cops..............stupid goddam puppet idiot drunken ****head.

And again when he suggested collapsing social security as he believed it was gonna be broke in 20 or so years.............stupid goddam puppet idiot drunken ****head.

Trouble is we have Bush Lite in charge of Canada, and he is controlled by the same puppet masters.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Well you know it's just a load of horsesh it, and it ain't gonna happen, so what's the fukkin point!!!

Fukker should have been hung when he stood on that aircraft carrier and said "Bring it on".....................stupid goddam puppet idiot drunken ****head. How many American patriotic SONS have been killed due to that filthy ********er's mouth.

And again when he said "Helluva job, Brownie", after Katrina, after several blacks had been shot by N.Orleans cops..............stupid goddam puppet idiot drunken ****head.

And again when he suggested collapsing social security as he believed it was gonna be broke in 20 or so years.............stupid goddam puppet idiot drunken ****head.

Trouble is we have Bush Lite in charge of Canada, and he is controlled by the same puppet masters.
Aside from that Nug, everything is ok?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Facinating.... and how does that make you feel? :p

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I think the Nug is repressing something. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm speculating that there is a distinct possibility that the source of his problem may have something to do with Shrubs or.. Bushes yes bushes sounds plausible.