Punjabi students in Canada launch campaign against dowry, feticide

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
They had only the best of intentions, but now multiculturalism now encourages feticide in Canada among ethnic groups. This is because we let in too many Asians over the past two decades and let them live in ghettos so they can continue their old traditional beliefs. Which means they don't want girls and have boys instead as much as they can. And are being pressured by their parents to marry within "their culture", which means, to other Punjabis. Seems like prejudice to me.

Time to drastically reduce Asian immigration to Canada ASAP and create conditions so they become assimilated. Simply having a document from the federal government after three years saying you're Canadian doesn't cut it.

Punjabi students in Canada launch campaign against dowry, feticide

Amarinder SinghAmarinder Singh, TNN | Sep 26, 2011, 05.50AM IST

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ainst-dowry-feticide/articleshow/10121698.cms

PATIALA: As many as 250 students of Punjabi origin in Surrey in Canada have vowed against dowry and female foeticide and have launched a signature campaign to secure the support of their parents and other relatives.

This followed a meeting of these students of Kwantlen Polytechnic University with Patiala-based women rights activist, Dr Harshinder Kaur. During her visit to Vancouver this week, Kaur had conducted meetings with young students of the university and motivated them to launch a campaign against female foeticide and dowry in their areas.

"Female foeticide and dowry are not confined to our country these days. Punjabis settled abroad are also facing the same problem as we in Punjab. They migrated to foreign shores, but there are many who still have not changed their minds and prefer only male child," said Kaur.

Kaur said that youths in Canada were under pressure from their parents. Many young students alleged that if they don't follow the directions of their Punjabi parents, they may disown them.

Also, some girls alleged their parents have been pressuring them to marry only in Punjab so that they could save dowry money, said Kaur. "In Punjabi community, in some parts of Brampton and Toronto, the sex ratio has come to down to 876 as they don't want girls," said Kaur.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Abortion is feticide. It is common among all groups of Canadians.

"Seems like prejudice to me."
Yes this post sure does show your prejudice toward anyone not white and in particular, Asians. (Thought I would beat Bear to it for a change).

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
"Also, some girls alleged their parents have been pressuring them to marry only in Punjab so that they could save dowry money, said Kaur. "In Punjabi community, in some parts of Brampton and Toronto, the sex ratio has come to down to 876 as they don't want girls," said Kaur."

Who do you suppose all those males will end up marrying?? Seems to me they are on the fast track for total culture obliteration LOL. Heck males brought up in this manner in Canada have no chance of getting a compatible mate, unless they move back to the homeland. Females in the Punjab, must at this point be rather rare and beating off the males with a stick, if that has been the practice for more than one generation.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
"Also, some girls alleged their parents have been pressuring them to marry only in Punjab so that they could save dowry money, said Kaur. "In Punjabi community, in some parts of Brampton and Toronto, the sex ratio has come to down to 876 as they don't want girls," said Kaur."

Who do you suppose all those males will end up marrying?? Seems to me they are on the fast track for total culture obliteration LOL. Heck males brought up in this manner in Canada have no chance of getting a compatible mate, unless they move back to the homeland. Females in the Punjab, must at this point be rather rare and beating off the males with a stick, if that has been the practice for more than one generation.

Hmmm... that's kind of interesting as far as Canada. I believe with such a high population in India there is no worries about finding a mate there. In Canada where I imagine the population is significantly lower for Punjabs that could be an issue. I would imagine there are plenty of Punjabi women willing to come to Canada.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
OK what is it that you're against here, Dumpy? These young people, being brought up in Canada, even in "culutral enclaves" are displaying a desire to ignore some of their "cultural" biases and prejudices, and adopt more "Canadian" ones. You have issues with this? What do you want from them, or is "going back where they came from" the only option to you? And if that is the case, what First Nation do you belong to, or are you making plans to go back where your ancestors are from too?

I think the skewed male-female ratios amply demonstrates why people want to leave some of these cultures behind, ancient roots or not. And the thought of the imbalance in China, over the past couple decades is downright scary: seriously what is going to happen with that many sexually frustrated males?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Abortion is feticide. It is common among all groups of Canadians.

"Seems like prejudice to me." Yes this post sure does show your prejudice toward anyone not white and in particular, Asians. (Thought I would beat Bear to it for a change).

Name another group of Canadians, of British or European background, who actively try to have male instead of female children like Asians do.

Mr PC here, any news that is not complimentary of Asians is white prejudice. Get serious. The article was from a newspaper in India.
Largescale Asian immigration to Canada is a fact in the past 20 years, which occurred without a vote from Canadians. So, we are in the process of transferring Asian villages and their mentality to Canada. I don't like that.

What we need to get are economic immigrants, one at a time, from any country, who marry Canadians, then the assimilation issue is solved because then Canadianization will occur quickly, And no more bringing grandparents over, if you want to see them, hop on a plane. Grandparents, who usually don't speak English, and don't want to, keep the little village alive.

This moralizing is getting quite annoying, immigration is a political issue, thus open to discussion by intelligent adults. Canada ought to cut immigration now by at least 80%.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Name another group of Canadians, of British or European background, who actively try to have male instead of female children like Asians do.

Fortunately, those of us born & brought up where it was not necessary to have strong males to support us in times of trial or old age had no need to choose males or females. However, remember, because of religion, our numbers were not restricted. Why worry about how many males to females when there were anywhere from 8 to 24 children born in a family??

How about focusing on the benefits we gain?? The variety of cuisine, enrichment of language & culture as well as those doing the jobs no Canadian would stoop to?? Remember there are few true natives in this land and it was the melding of cultures, religions and language, that gave us the Canada we have. Too bad if you don't like it, just live with it. All the rough edges do smooth out.

LOL, Your ideal of the perfect Canadian is invalid. I grew up with, Italians, Africans, Irish, Scottish, Ukrainian, Finnish and French families all on one street in Montreal. I sure gained a great deal from such exposure.

As for setting up moral and fair rules by intelligent adults, who gets to judge who fits that criteria?? Every child is born with morals and fairness and it stays with them until some dumkoff tries to infect them with religion. ANY RELIGION. It amost always instills prejudice, racism, intellectual enslavement and in my opinion, idiocy.

By the way cutting immigration by 80% will annillate the government pension plan and all retirees will need to return to work unless they have a great plan of their own. Oh and taxes will need to rise, because government income will be way down. Don't forget, what those taxes pay for......programs like medicare. roads, education etc. etc. We Canadians are NOT replacing our population, therefore, there is not the wherewithall to support all the benefits we now take for granted. Think very carefully before expressing an opinion, before espousing it, you may just bring it to fruition.

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Lots of people of WASP extraction try to have male heirs, and will often have more children until they produce the son. Granted, they don't kill off the girls, but in many cases they still treat them as second class children.

You constantly post anti-immigrant ****, when it comes to visible immigrants and then claim you're not a racist. You are a pathetic little turd.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Lots of people of WASP extraction try to have male heirs, and will often have more children until they produce the son. Granted, they don't kill off the girls, but in many cases they still treat them as second class children.

You constantly post anti-immigrant ****, when it comes to visible immigrants and then claim you're not a racist. You are a pathetic little turd.

Dear simpleton, I am against the current policy of immigration because for one reason it's costing us taxpayers a well over a billion bucks a year. They will come for nothing and get better jobs with a change in policy. It's not racist to support the current immigration policy which was not voted on by Canadians and favours mainly Asians and Africans, but it is racist to support a policy of favouring European immigration. That is inconsistent because each policy favours one group over another, so logically, both are racist. The non-racist policy toward immigration would be no immigration. I could go for that. Pay parents to have more kids.

Killing and not killing is a big difference.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Dear simpleton, I am against the current policy of immigration because for one reason it's costing us taxpayers a well over a billion bucks a year. They will come for nothing and get better jobs with a change in policy. It's not racist to support the current immigration policy which was not voted on by Canadians and favours mainly Asians and Africans, but it is racist to support a policy of favouring European immigration. That is inconsistent because each policy favours one group over another, so logically, both are racist. The non-racist policy toward immigration would be no immigration. I could go for that. Pay parents to have more kids.

Killing and not killing is a big difference.

Everything you say against immigration is complaining about different races and cultures and how they don't want to be Canadians. Bull**** all you want, but you're a one-trick pony, and you smell like (&&6.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
"Quote from Wiki".....The per capita immigration rate to Canada has been relatively constant since the 1950s, and recent years have seen a steady increase in the education and skill level of immigrants to Canada. However, over the last 25 years the economic position of newcomers to Canada relative to the native population has steadily declined. A 2007 Statistics Canada study shows that the income profile of recent immigrants deteriorated by a significant amount from 2000 to 2004.[1] Recent immigrants themselves are far more likely than native born Canadians to initially have low incomes, with income and employment rates increasing towards the national average with more time spent in Canada."

So dumpthemonarchy, your statement is wrong, and if people with your opinion succeed in cutting back on immigration, we can say bye bye to universal health care, pensions and education. Dead & retired persons do not pay much in the way of taxes, so many of the benefits we enjoy now, will vanish with the immigrants!!

As for paying parents to have children, forget that. It doesn't work.....just take a peek at Quebec's efforts in that direction.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Here is what I would like to think that Dumpy is trying to say but lacks the ability to put into words.

I support immigration from all ethnic groups into Canada that can add to both the economy and diversity of our country while embracing Canadian values and traditions and leaving their animosities towards their former neighbours where they came from.
Or something along those lines.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
t Canada's Punjabi men may have really stiff competition.

"stiff" !!!

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
"Quote from Wiki".....The per capita immigration rate to Canada has been relatively constant since the 1950s, and recent years have seen a steady increase in the education and skill level of immigrants to Canada. However, over the last 25 years the economic position of newcomers to Canada relative to the native population has steadily declined. A 2007 Statistics Canada study shows that the income profile of recent immigrants deteriorated by a significant amount from 2000 to 2004.[1] Recent immigrants themselves are far more likely than native born Canadians to initially have low incomes, with income and employment rates increasing towards the national average with more time spent in Canada."

So dumpthemonarchy, your statement is wrong, and if people with your opinion succeed in cutting back on immigration, we can say bye bye to universal health care, pensions and education. Dead & retired persons do not pay much in the way of taxes, so many of the benefits we enjoy now, will vanish with the immigrants!!

As for paying parents to have children, forget that. It doesn't work.....just take a peek at Quebec's efforts in that direction.

Declining incomes are due to improper immigrants entering the country, they are coming primarily for work. They came primarily for work prior to 1980, and they came from all over the world too.

Likely due to declining incomes, recent immigrants are falling back on traditional, backward, anti-idemocratic ideas like religion. And although per capita immigrant numbers are steady, they have concentrated in cities over the past few decades and have captured political parties who are loathe to cross them in any way. Why can't they be spread out a bit in our vast country so they cannot exert so much political influence?

We need immigrants to continue social programs. We need immigrants to SURVIVE the hysterics say. Total nonsense. Garbage. Kool-aid drinkers. People are working longer and they are healthier so these scary future burdens are figments of hyperventilating imaginations. Get real.

Here is what I would like to think that Dumpy is trying to say but lacks the ability to put into words.

I support immigration from all ethnic groups into Canada that can add to both the economy and diversity of our country while embracing Canadian values and traditions and leaving their animosities towards their former neighbours where they came from.
Or something along those lines.

Sounds like what a lawyer would say, but okay. But you forgot the cheaper part, circa 1980 for immigrants. We're paying for Cadillacs these days but we're getting Trabants.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
What the heck are improper immigrants?? and what reason other than to find work and avoid starvation, would someone leave their homeland?? As for that statement about declining incomes being the reason immigrants are turning to religion, is obviously rather backwards. After all, most religious people tend to blame God for a poor life, health etc. when prayers aren't answered, so why would it be opposite for any other religion??

I see you have lumped as hysterics, financial experts, governments and all persons with a modicum of intelligence and you do this without any reason other than your opinion. As for immigrants overwhelming influence on current politics, that is rubbish. Good lord, I didn't vote for Harper and probably 2/3rds of the nation didn't either. Guess what? We have a Bush Clone that has managed despite our good financial position at the start of this recession succeeded in driving the country down to where Bush brought the US.

Too many Canadians look down on the jobs immigrants take. Did you know, the majority of farm workers in this region, market gardeners employ or apple growers use as pickers are Mexican? They arrive in the spring and go home in the late fall. AND they work. Oh occasionally one of the resident retired persons, or high school student will pick apples in the fall but for a weekend or two. They don't last, the weather gets too cold and the work is harder than expected. Easier to sit back and complain about immigrants doing the work, they feel beneath them.

Oh Canadian CEOs are sure not hurting either, their salaries keep on getting bigger and bigger not to mention bonuses etc. They alone could pay off the country's debt.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
What the heck are improper immigrants??

It appears that 'improper immigrants' are ones with different cultures. You know, non-European ones.

It's still funny that someone who wants to 'dump the monarchy' rants about them dirty immigrants coming here and wanting to change our culture. If dump the monarchy doesn't want our culture to change, then perhaps the monarchy shouldn't be dumped.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
What the heck are improper immigrants?? and what reason other than to find work and avoid starvation, would someone leave their homeland?? As for that statement about declining incomes being the reason immigrants are turning to religion, is obviously rather backwards. After all, most religious people tend to blame God for a poor life, health etc. when prayers aren't answered, so why would it be opposite for any other religion??

I see you have lumped as hysterics, financial experts, governments and all persons with a modicum of intelligence and you do this without any reason other than your opinion. As for immigrants overwhelming influence on current politics, that is rubbish. Good lord, I didn't vote for Harper and probably 2/3rds of the nation didn't either. Guess what? We have a Bush Clone that has managed despite our good financial position at the start of this recession succeeded in driving the country down to where Bush brought the US.

Too many Canadians look down on the jobs immigrants take. Did you know, the majority of farm workers in this region, market gardeners employ or apple growers use as pickers are Mexican? They arrive in the spring and go home in the late fall. AND they work. Oh occasionally one of the resident retired persons, or high school student will pick apples in the fall but for a weekend or two. They don't last, the weather gets too cold and the work is harder than expected. Easier to sit back and complain about immigrants doing the work, they feel beneath them.

Oh Canadian CEOs are sure not hurting either, their salaries keep on getting bigger and bigger not to mention bonuses etc. They alone could pay off the country's debt.

Improper immigrants means they are too expensive. The Ontario Liberals want to offer a $10,000 tax credit to companies to hire immigrants. Plus the $1 billion spent by the fed govt each year on immigration. That is an improper immigrant and system.

Improper immigrants are those in the Toronto 18 who wanted to bomb buildings and cut off the heads of politicians. About 100,000 Muslims in Canada agreed with them. Very improper.

Prior to 1980, when immigration was part of Manpower and Immigration, immigrants to Canada got no ESL classes, just about nothing from the govt. It is hard to believe in the days before the internet, email etc, people came here knowing they could find work, like my father.

The immigration industry just goes with the flow, no one can tell the future. We can adjust with far fewer immigrants, relax.

==========================
Says here that Alberta may be short "up to" 77,000 workers in the next decade. Maybe less. That's only 8000 per year. Light your hair on fire.

Also, the price of oil is dropping lately, an economic slowdown may make many of those hiring forecasts obsolete.

Newsflash: the great, the fantastic, the amazing post WW2 economic boom is over, slight thud. Ergo, lower immigration. Duh.

New foreign worker rules change employer responsibilities

The Petroleum Human Resources Council and others have estimated that Alberta will experience a labour shortage of up to 77,000 people in the coming decade unless companies again take steps to connect with under-employed groups in Canada, such as women and Native people, and to bulk up again with thousands of temporary foreign workers.