Cartels leave 35 bodies on Mex. highway

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
For the most part these are drug dealers killing other drug dealers. No matter, Mexico is in a world of friggin' trouble ladies and gentlemen.

The last photos I saw had two tarp-lined pick-ups filled with these bodies. Then there were the two (I'll presume innocent) bloggers that were killed, mutilated and hung from a bridge during morning rush hour. Finally, yesterday I watched the video of an actual chainsaw beheading of a drug dealer/informant/whatever while his buddy sat beside him. Later, second buddy was simply beheaded with a knife. It made Al Qaeda look like amateurs. It's easy enough to find if you're that interested.

Some basic news on one of the previously mentioned stories:

Cartels leave 35 bodies on Mex. highway; U.S. concerns grow

On Wednesday, Mexican police in the city of Boca del Rio, Veracruz discovered two abandoned trucks in the middle of a busy highway during rush hour, filled with the bodies of thirty-five men and women. It is unknown how the perpetrators of these crimes were able to drive the open-backed trucks to this location in the presence of onlookers, but it is clear that this audacious act was an intentional effort to demonstrate that these powerful criminals operate with impunity and will no doubt continue their activities. The crime is allegedly being tied to the dangerous Mexican gang, la Nueva Generación.

more...

Cartels leave 35 bodies on Mex. highway; U.S. concerns grow - Tucson Immigration | Examiner.com

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Woman killed over 'web posting'

MEXICO CITY: Police found a woman's decapitated body in a Mexican border city on Saturday, alongside a handwritten sign saying she was killed in retaliation for her postings on a social networking site.
The gruesome killing may be the third so far this month in which people in Nuevo Laredo were killed by a drug cartel for what they said on the internet.
Morelos Canseco, the interior secretary of northern Tamaulipas state, where Nuevo Laredo is located, identified the victim as Marisol Macias Castaneda, a newsroom manager for the Nuevo Laredo newspaper Primera Hora.
The newspaper has not confirmed that title, and an employee of the paper said Macias Castaneda held an administrative post, not a reporting job. The employee was not authorized to be quoted by name.
But it was apparently what the woman posted on the local social networking site, Nuevo Laredo en Vivo, or "Nuevo Laredo Live," rather than her role at the newspaper, that resulted in her killing.

more...

Woman killed over 'web posting' - Seven News Queensland

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Gotta say, the animals in these Mexican drug cartels make the mafia, bike gangs, and street gangs look like kitty cats. Everytime I hear something about the situation done there, it gets worse & worse.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
And that would be why I don't go to Mexico.

Well, that's one of the reasons I wouldn't go to Mexico.;)

It's crazy how many stories you hear about tourists being either waylaid or killed in Mexico. Yet people keep lining up to go over there. Why? Surely there are places around the world that would be just as beautiful, but safer to visit, right?

Too bad they couldn't just bomb the crap out of the "strongholds" of the cartels. What the government/police are doing right now doesn't seem to work, but something has to be done. The Cartels can't be given free reign again, as that would make things even worse. Wouldn't it?8O

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
For the most part these are drug dealers killing other drug dealers. No matter, Mexico is in a world of friggin' trouble ladies and gentlemen.

This is news to you? There are already hundreds of thousands who have been massacred on both sides in the name of this stupid drug war.

We should all be following Portugal's lead.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Another new beheading video released today courtesy of LZ (from mundonarco). Shock and awe. Terrorize the population. Civil war and all that fun stuff. Ya never used to hear (let alone see) 35 bodies in broad daylight, let alone the chainsaw stuff.

For anyone that wants to know what is going on, pop over to mundonarco and have look. Be warned though. It ain't for the tender crowd. ;-)

Here's a little more background on this long running Mexican situation:

https://sites.google.com/site/policereform/narco-killings

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
42,000 dead.

This is not a matter of law. It is a war.

They know who they are, they know where they are, use the military and start shooting them. No holds barred.

Protection of the people from organized violence is the FIRST responsibility of any government.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
42,000 dead.

This is not a matter of law. It is a war.

They know who they are, they know were they are, use the military and start shooting them.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Forty-two thousand dead.

Let me put that in perspective for you.

The HIGHEST estimation of those killed ON BOTH SIDES in the Six Day War and the Yom Kippur War COMBINED is 37,000.

Think about that.

Forty-two thousand is very close to the TOTAL Canadian dead from the six years of war 1939-1945. (45,400)

So tell us your proposal for a solution.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Useful link huh?

Clearly it was a complete mistake. They should have blown their faces off instead.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to make this post convincing.

I'll use more caps and red ink next time.