Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I hope they show the picture of this egregious twit in the link.

Pipeline Steve and Mumbles McKay are neck and neck in the running for Twit of the year. Followed closely on the rail by Bullsh it Baird.

Too funny; or would be if McKay didn't cost us so much.

Defence Minister MacKay defends costly flights from fishing lodge - The Globe and Mail

Yes, it's in the link!!! And he's the defence minister. Good luck to us.

Politicians by nature have two main problems- the first is their "sense of entitlement" and the second is their transient idea of the value of the dollar, one value for their dollar and some completely different idea of the value of the taxpayer's dollar. Bureaucrats also have the same problem, albeit perhaps for some of them to a lesser degree. :smile:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I think the biggest problem that politicians have is that we expect them to work all the time, and they are not allowed to have any personal time/space, yet when they travel, we blame them.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think the biggest problem that politicians have is that we expect them to work all the time, and they are not allowed to have any personal time/space, yet when they travel, we blame them.

I've no problem with politicians taking vacations, but using taxpayer money to subsidize their vacation I have a problem with.

When you go on vacation do you get to use taxpayer money to fly?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

Yikes! They can travel all they want. I flew to Vancouver two years ago, but I PAID FOR THE FLIGHT. Elmer Fud MacKay makes a whole bunch more than I.

This guy used a forces heli. and jet. Look at the lame reasoning he gave.

Yes I would. Be just as pissed if he was a Lib or Dipper. Specially a Dipper as they are supposed to be the conscience of the world.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I think you're half right, I can understand that members of the public
run to their MLA/MP when they "have a scratch and need a bandaid" and they do have to maintain unreasonable hours at times. But that is no excuse for their personal time/space and holidays to be costing us up to $25,000 an hour. Regular folks enjoy their free time doing things like watching a movie, bowling, taking a hike on a local trail..............should MacKay expect anything better? Oooooooooooops maybe I'm not taking into account his sense of entitlement. :smile:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

Perhaps, but is a cabinet minister's time so valuable that he can justify using a $20,000 an hour search and rescue vehicle for his personal transport? This quite clearly seems to be a case of Mr. McKay's ego getting in the way of his judgment. And if he really wanted to see a Cormorant S&R vehicle in action why did he not arrange to go on a proper patrol?