Majority in U.S. Continues to Distrust the Media

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
More perceive liberal bias than conservative bias

by Lymari Morales
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- The majority of Americans still do not have confidence in the mass media to report the news fully, accurately, and fairly. The 44% of Americans who have a great deal or fair amount of trust and the 55% who have little or no trust remain among the most negative views Gallup has measured.

more...

Majority in U.S. Continues to Distrust the Media, Perceive Bias

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I can't say I blame any American for distrusting the US media given the quality of what passes for unbiased content. When there are panels of newsreaders editorializing as they deliver the news then impartiality is almost impossible. The fact that most perceive a liberal bias says more about what Americans consider left wing than anything else. CNN, for example is considered left wing by many Americans, but most of the viewpoints I have seen expressed on it would be regarded as right wing in most other Western democracies.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
'''''''''' The 44% of Americans who have a great deal or fair amount of trust and the 55% who have little or no trust remain among the most negative views Gallup has measured."""""""

Which makes the 55% of Americans who were polled..........damn smart.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Trusting the media? I can't think of a country where people should trust their news. People with agendas control every source.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Does anyone anywhere actually trust the media?

I always thought a healthy dose of skepticism was a good thing.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
As long as this story isn't realated to the bad mouthing of cars, piills, beer, hair colouring or any other advertisement dollar the honesty will be there....