Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This idiot (Harpo)didn't see that last recession till we were halfway through it.

World needs to wake up to recession risk: Harper and Cameron

And, it that don't piss ya off, this might :

Animal Welfare Canada: Quebec Puppy Mill Raid Rescues 500 Dogs | Global Animal

...............Well, it's only 7:49 AM, and I been readin happy stuff since about 5. Time for byes.

Where the hells the valium......................?

From what I saw on Global News last night, both Harper and Cameron are very cognizant of the fact the world is in financial difficulty and must act now to start effecting change. They both seem to recognize Europe as being a large part of the problem. Haven't we all heard it? Greece, Italy, Portugal, Ireland!! All debt has to be addressed. It's going to mean belt tightening by ALL of us, politicians included- probably more than anyone. A good start would be eliminating those $25 breakfasts at the trough! :smile:

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I don't know why you want him to be quiet: do you WANT to blindsided again, like we all were with the US banking/credit crisis of 3 years ago? They're giving the same warnings in the US too, and thats a good thing: yes, it affects consumer confidence but people need to be aware of the dangers they face, or they could lose much more.

And yes, those countries who are on the leading edge because of their mismanagement need to be called out. But I guess getting on Harper because he sees a danger to the economy is par for the course in this country: I mean this is country where the people voted booted Clark out of office for the same thing and voted in 5 more years of Trudeau spending without any means or thought of repaying his debts...

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
From what I saw on Global News last night, both Harper and Cameron are very cognizant of the fact the world is in financial difficulty and must act now to start effecting change. They both seem to recognize Europe as being a large part of the problem. Haven't we all heard it? Greece, Italy, Portugal, Ireland!! All debt has to be addressed. It's going to mean belt tightening by ALL of us, politicians included- probably more than anyone. A good start would be eliminating those $25 breakfasts at the trough! :smile:
It is always disheartening to see animals being mistreated but so is our treatment of homeless humans in Canada. We don't hear much about the thousands of people living on the streets of our cities. Where is the outrage about our mistreatment of humans?

The dept load in this country(and many others) has little to do with citizens. It is politicians and bureaucrats that rack up dept. I wonder if Harper is going to place those useless jets on the back burner in his effort to get his depts under control.

Personal dept is also too high but I doubt that until people turn off their idiot boxes that people will stop spending beyond their means.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
It is always disheartening to see animals being mistreated but so is our treatment of homeless humans in Canada. We don't hear much about the thousands of people living on the streets of our cities. Where is the outrage about our mistreatment of humans?

Quite simply because people have more ability to control what is happening to them. Yes, things like mental illness can affect this but we always have more options, even if they might be less than optimal. We can move. We can make changes to our lifestyles. We can choose to pursue unlawful actions. We can do something if we really want to.

The dept load in this country(and many others) has little to do with citizens. It is politicians and bureaucrats that rack up dept. I wonder if Harper is going to place those useless jets on the back burner in his effort to get his depts under control.

Aside from the point that the new jets represent spending that some think is unnecessary, you are wrong.

The debt of the country has everything to do with the people. Who pays for it? Our taxes. Politicians create it but why? To appease the populace by filling a need they perceive, thus every time we say "the government should do something" be about the homeless, aboriginals, the environment (as these seem to be your favorite causes), we tell the government we want them to spend money on the issue. And we focus our issues at the ballot box. Its pretty simple cause and effect when you get down to it.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I was right. Britain is desperate for some of our financial lovin.

Economy means Canada no longer Britain’s junior partner

No longer. Canada’s relative financial strength has given Mr. Harper a bullhorn on the world stage. If anything, Mr. Cameron is cozying up to his Canadian counterpart, as he tries to effect change in the Eurozone, where 40% of Britain’s exports end up.

John Ivison: Economy means Canada no longer Britain’s junior partner | Canada | Full Comment | National Post
1. U.S. customer - check
2. British customer - check
3. Eurozone next?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I called it long before you.

Harper was humping the Global Currency idea again. What a good little Globalsist he is. I'm glad he's working for Canada.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Did you notice all the students and unions (sorry Nuggler had to say it) in Greece out marching in protest of the cuts the government has to make before they go bankrupt in six months. They just don't get it.

Oh, and people who run Puppy Mills should be used for medical experiments.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I called it long before you.

Harper was humping the Global Currency idea again. What a good little Globalsist he is. I'm glad he's working for Canada.

Harper's in the most fortunate position right now..

1.) Cut taxes - make people happy
2.) Spend money (even though you preach austerity measures)
3.) Alberta oil will bail you out either way!

By the time we run out, he'll be out of office and known as a hero for decades.

Did you notice all the students and unions (sorry Nuggler had to say it) in Greece out marching in protest of the cuts the government has to make before they go bankrupt in six months. They just don't get it.