Harper in the Arab News

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
An article on Harper's comments about Islamic terrorism seems much more concerned with the fact Harper likes Israel....oh, and Jews.

An article written by Dovid Efune in The Huffington Post rated Harper as the No. 1 non-Jew having a positive influence in shaping the Jewish future.
“Harper has been a great friend to Canada’s Jewish community as well as an outspoken supporter of Israeli positions in the international political arena… saying last year, ‘When Israel, the only country in the world whose very existence is under attack, is consistently and conspicuously singled out for condemnation, I believe we are morally obligated to take a stand.’”

That's one of the reasons I vote Conservative!

:)

The rest of the article is fun too:

OIC raps Canadian premier's anti-Islam tirade - Arab News

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
An article on Harper's comments about Islamic terrorism seems much more concerned with the fact Harper likes Israel....oh, and Jews.

That's one of the reasons I vote Conservative!

The rest of the article is fun too:

OIC raps Canadian premier's anti-Islam tirade - Arab News

When it comes to terror attacks yes Harper is correct and their impact on relations between countries - - After 911 we have had wars, economic impact on countries has been significant due to increased spending on security - and tens of thousands killed. I do not know of any other terror org that has caused this impact.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
One of the reasons you vote conservative is because the arabs noticed that Harper is pro-Israel? Neat.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Arabs are Semitic. Does that mean that Jews who criticize Arabs are anti-Semitic? Harper is a bozo catering to popular misconceptions to garner votes, that is all.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Which premier?

Well researched....

I caught that too, lone wolf............seems they have trouble understanding the difference between a premier and the prime minister - ah well from what the rest of the article has to say it is no wonder they can't even get that right.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

That's great!

Sorry, I couldn't help it.....it is like a weird compulsion.

One of the reasons you vote conservative is because the arabs noticed that Harper is pro-Israel? Neat.

Arabs are Semitic. Does that mean that Jews who criticize Arabs are anti-Semitic? Harper is a bozo catering to popular misconceptions to garner votes, that is all.

One of the reasons I vote Conservative is that Harper's support for Israel is not only the right thing to do, it is a principled stand...............it certainly does not earn him many votes, and probably costs him more that he gains.

I've heard Jews criticize Israel. I didn't realize they were self loathing.

Self-loathing? Only the worst of them, the real psychos, like Finklestein.

There are a myriad of views on the future of Israel, even in Israel......

It is when they start talking about Jews that the spidey senses should be tingling.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
As far as I know, Muslim extremists haven't launched a single attack against a Canadian target. Meanwhile, lightning kills about seven people and seriously injures 60 to 70 people a year in Canada.

Shouldn't we be more concerned about lightening?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
As far as I know, Muslim extremists haven't launched a single attack against a Canadian target. Meanwhile, lightning kills about seven people and seriously injures 60 to 70 people a year in Canada.

The Toronto 18 come to mind - Look at terror attacks world wide and who commits the majority of them.

Your sarcastic attempt at black humor is an affront to decency and an attack on those that have lost family due to these attacks. But then again you lower yourself again to many members on this forum

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

No! Lightning ain't gonna do a suicide bomb. One of those will kill a lot more than 60-70. So--NO.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Number of Canadians killed by the Toronto 18: 0
Number of Muslim fundamentalist attacks in Canada: 0

I'm willing to bet far more Canadians have been killed by cows, than by Muslim fundamentalists.

"Between 2003 and 2008, 108 people died from cattle-induced injuries across the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That's 27 times the whopping four people killed in shark attacks in the United States during the same time period, according to the International Shark Attack File. Nearly all those cow-related fatalities were caused by blunt force trauma to the head or chest; a third of the victims were working in enclosed spaces with cattle.

While the ongoing battle between cow and man is overwhelmingly one-sided (and delicious), the people who work closely with cattle take major risks. "I've been kicked, I've been pushed, I've been charged," says 22-year-old Margaret Dunn, a graduate research assistant studying animal science at Iowa State University. "Like what they say about dogs, they can smell fear."[/quote]

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

No reply - the slime at the bottom holding you back

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The Toronto 18 come to mind - Look at terror attacks world wide and who commits the majority of them.

Your sarcastic attempt at black humor is an affront to decency and an attack on those that have lost family due to these attacks. But then again you lower yourself again to many members on this forum

How low can he go....

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

True, true.....although we have only missed by good luck, and the efforts of a decent Muslim. As well, there was Ahmed Ressam, who entered the USA to do an attack, and who had planed an attack on the Montreal Jewish community. As well, there are a couple of guys that were supposedly planning an attack on an aircraft......

Although no Muslim has yet achieved the heights of Sikh extremeism......327 dead, no convictions......and I will forever be convinced the judge was in fear of his life.

Isn't multiculturalism WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Have you ever noticed they always come up with a special name for terrorist bombers?
Kind of to make them stand out I guess. To me a terrorist is a terrorist. I also don't like
it when anything said against Israel is considered anti semitic. Israel like any other
nation on earth does good things and sometimes not so good things and when they fall
short they should be criticized like anyone else.
Harper is mouthing off with the pro Israel stance because at the moment Arabs are not
popular, and there are points to be made in that regard. However we must immediately
engage in a campaign against Lightning. We must get our priorities straight. If more
people are killed by lightning we must bring lightning to justice. As for Arab Terrorists
we can't seem to find any. We hear rumours and from time to time there are terrorist
alerts, especially when there are celebrations. I am beginning to wonder is it because
authorities are good at their job or maybe they can't afford airfare anymore.
I agree though the threat of international terrorism is real, but it cannot rule our lives and
there is no way in hell I would vote for against a party based on its comments about Israel.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I apologize to all the Toronto 18 victims. Please remind me, how many people did they kill again after their RCMP informant supplied them with guns and fake explosives?

I apologize to all the families of all the Canadians who died as a Muslim terrorist attacks in Canada. Perhaps you can list their names, so i know who I am apologizing to, since I am unaware of a single Muslim extremist attack on Canadian soil.

While I am somewhat concerned about all the people who have died as a result of Muslim extremist attacks in Canada, I am very concerned by the threat posed by farm animals.

Between 1990 and 2000, there were 58 animal-related deaths on
farms across Canada:
• Six involved children under 15 years old
• 33 involved people aged 60 or more
• 19 involved people aged 15 to 59
CAISP noted:
• 38 per cent of the deaths were caused by horses by unprovoked
kicks
• 33 per cent were caused by bulls
• 20 per cent were caused by cows
If Harper really wanted to protect Canadians, he'd be doing something about the farm animal menace.

No reply - the slime at the bottom holding you back
Goober you never answered my question:
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/members-lounge/101737-more-forum-intrigue-4.html#post1473177

Last edited: