Uncomfortable booths violate the civil rights of fat people.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
That's right. That's what they tell us.

Their rights.

Oversize Man Sues White Castle Over Seats

NANUET, N.Y. - A 290-pound New York man is steaming mad at the White Castle fast-food chain, which he claims repeatedly broke promises to make the booths in his local eatery bigger.
Martin Kessman, 64, filed a lawsuit against the fast-food giant last week in Manhattan federal court, claiming that the uncomfortable booths violate the civil rights of fat people.
Kessman's lawsuit came more than two years after he complained to White Castle about the size of the booths at the Nanuet, N.Y., eatery and reportedly received a pledge that renovations would be carried out to cater for larger customers.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If they did that, and he had a heart attack, would he also sue them because the seats were so comfortable that he ate too much and held them responsible?

Also which right is it that guarentees comfortable seating?

As an aside, I had White Castle once and found their burgers really sucked.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I think a tighter fit would come quite in handy for those times food goes on a break-away. It sure beats the energy expended in reaching under a table to retrieve an errant pepperoni....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If he wins I'm totally gonna go start suing for the fact that my feet don't touch the floor in any chair, in any restaurant, anywhere. If he thinks his life is uncomfortable, due to an attribute he actually has some control over, imagine what I could get for something that is totally outside of my control. Sweet.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If he wins I'm totally gonna go start suing for the fact that my feet don't touch the floor in any chair, in any restaurant, anywhere. If he thinks his life is uncomfortable, due to an attribute he actually has some control over, imagine what I could get for something that is totally outside of my control. Sweet.

There are some people whom for whatever reason cannot control their weight. Not saying this particular person is one of them -- I would assume he is not given his obvious repeated visits to White Castle -- but some people do not have control of it.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
There are some people whom for whatever reason cannot control their weight. Not saying this particular person is one of them -- I would assume he is not given his obvious repeated visits to White Castle -- but some people do not have control of it.

Every last human being has some control over their weight, and medical options available for help if they don't. Can everyone be small? No. But everyone has some control over it, or hand in it.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Karrie I was just thinking the exact same thing, lol.

We can be each other's support group. :)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm 6' 2" and 290 something now. I'm fairly well proportioned. When the old adage "Big Boned" is applied to me, it's actually true, as DaS and Muz can attest to.

I find most fast food chains seating uncomfortable. Not for my belly or ass, but for my knees and back. The same can be said for cars. Although I must admit, my Civic is roomy.

Thank Gawd both my Civic and my 4 runner, have tilt steering, or my knees would prevent me from being able to operate the vehicle safely.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm 6' 2" and 290 something now. I'm fairly well proportioned. When the old adage "Big Boned" is applied to me, it's actually true, as DaS and Muz can attest to.

I find most fast food chains seating uncomfortable. Not for my belly or ass, but for my knees and back. The same can be said for cars. Although I must admit, my Civic is roomy.

Thank Gawd both my Civic and my 4 runner, have tilt steering, or my knees would prevent me from being able to operate the vehicle safely.

I'm 5'3"....and a 1/2. Which sometimes, when needing that extra little bit of self-esteem boost, I will fudge up to 5'4" ;)

Any kind of adjustable seating, like in a car, is usually ok. But in a restaurant, especially in a booth, my feet don't touch the floor and the edge of the seat just kills the back of my knees. It cuts off all circulation. But I figure that's kind of the point of all fast food seating, the want you uncomfortable so you'll eat and get out, lol.

I'll be interested to see what the "improvements" are to McD's that I've been hearing about. Not that I'm keen to go there but if I'm going to eat a cardboard burger, might as well be comfortable while doing so.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm 5'3"....and a 1/2. Which sometimes, when needing that extra little bit of self-esteem boost, I will fudge up to 5'4" ;)
You and SCB both.

Any kind of adjustable seating, like in a car, is usually ok. But in a restaurant, especially in a booth, my feet don't touch the floor and the edge of the seat just kills the back of my knees. It cuts off all circulation. But I figure that's kind of the point of all fast food seating, the want you uncomfortable so you'll eat and get out, lol.
Yep, that's exactly why they do it.

I'll be interested to see what the "improvements" are to McD's that I've been hearing about. Not that I'm keen to go there but if I'm going to eat a cardboard burger, might as well be comfortable while doing so.
I'll never see them. I avoid McD's unless I'm feeling backed up, lol.

I avoid fast food as a rule. I hunt and fish religiously, so we consume a great deal of wild game and fish. Anything as bastardized as fast food actually hurts me after I eat it.

I will however look for mom and pop diners, and order foods that are not overly processed.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
You and SCB both.

Awesome, she can the join the support group Karrie and I are setting up, lol.

I avoid fast food as a rule. I hunt and fish religiously, so we consume a great deal of wild game and fish. Anything as bastardized as fast food actually hurts me after I eat it.

Truly I rarely eat fast food. I actually really enjoy cooking, so I go for homemade quite often. The only time I really get into fast food, and it's not by choice really, is during tax season. I'm just too damed tired to cook. And I usually feel awful for weeks afterwards.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Awesome, she can the join the support group Karrie and I are setting up, lol.

Truly I rarely eat fast food. I actually really enjoy cooking, so I go for homemade quite often. The only time I really get into fast food, and it's not by choice really, is during tax season. I'm just too damed tired to cook. And I usually feel awful for weeks afterwards.
Sometimes, I really don't like liking my own cooking....

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Sometimes, I really don't like liking my own cooking....

No? Not to brag or anything, but most people enjoy mine. I get nominated to do all holiday meals. Which I really don't mind, I really actually enjoy the process. I don't write or draw or sculpt or take photographs; for me cooking is my creative outlet.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
No? Not to brag or anything, but most people enjoy mine. I get nominated to do all holiday meals. Which I really don't mind, I really actually enjoy the process. I don't write or draw or sculpt or take photographs; for me cooking is my creative outlet.
For me, it's a necessity. Problem is, ya just can't get single-portion-sized stuff cheap so if I pull a whole chicken out of the deep freeze, I have to eat a whole chicken (over a few days)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
For me, it's a necessity. Problem is, ya just can't get single-portion-sized stuff cheap so if I pull a whole chicken out of the deep freeze, I have to eat a whole chicken (over a few days)

I hear ya there! lol.

That's a problem when I really want to have something I haven't had in a long time, like last weekend I made spaghetti & meatballs, smallest batch I could manage and it still took me 5 meals to finish it off. On the up side, I won't need to make it again for while because I've had my fill of it, lol.