MP flirts with Chinese Journalist

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Bob Dechaert was caught sending flirtatious emails to a journalist who he claims was only a friend.

I think when emails contain words like "I miss you" or "love you", this is obviously crossing the line particulaily when you read the context in which these emails are written in.
It is particularly sensitive when you consider his position as parliamentary secretary on foreign issues, and in particularly China.
Dechaert not only has to be clean but always perceived to be clean. Therefore he is not deserving of this position. He should be relieved.

Tory MP apologizes for flirty emails to Chinese journalist - Politics - CBC News

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Yup, couldn't agree with you more Gerry. Well actually I could, but then folks would start thinking all the wrong things.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yep, some people just have no sense of humour, or worse yet like to spoil other people's fun! :smile:

Well, it was her husband that apparently released the emails, so I guess he doesn't have much of a sense of humour, lol.

But yeah, a lot of people don't have a sense of humour. A flirtation is just good clean fun, clean of course being subjective.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well, it was her husband that apparently released the emails, so I guess he doesn't have much of a sense of humour, lol.

But yeah, a lot of people don't have a sense of humour. A flirtation is just good clean fun, clean of course being subjective.

EX husband is what I understand.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I couldnt care less about what MPs do in their sex/love/lust lives. They're entitled to have some fun from time to time.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I couldnt care less about what MPs do in their sex/love/lust lives. They're entitled to have some fun from time to time.

As long as they don't spend my money on hookers, I can't afford one myself, second thought my wife probably wouldn't like it too much. :lol:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
lone wolf ,

Divorced Chinese lady? Poor her (sincerely)
-----------------------------------------------------------
I don't think so ,SINCERELY ,China .

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Normally I would say what a person does on their own time is there business but this does
have other implications. This MP is in fact connected to the Foreign Affairs department.
(that in itself is a great subtitle hehehe)
When you are serving in a direct position that has implications for the job you serve in on
behalf of the Canadian People, that is another matter.
How many remember the Profumo Scandal, that involved an East German woman at the time
of the cold war. Holy ole Hell was the order of the day. There have been affairs in the British
Foreign off office that involved prostitutes and spies and God knows what other activities.
This needs a closer look to determine what if any actions might give the Chinese access to
Canadian information. This is more about the perception of conflict than actual conflict at this
point. Suggesting someone needs to be removed at this point is a little early.
Conflict, position of trust, and other terms are appropriate only when wrong doing has been
established. Having said that, questions do have to be asked, to come to some information
conclusions.