That "E"-conomy Factor

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------

CBS News: Breaking News Alert Sept. 2, 2011

The jobless rate stayed at 9.1 percent in August with no net jobs added, the government reports.

source: CBS News alert mailing.

CBS News: Breaking News Alert Sept. 2, 2011

The jobless rate stayed at 9.1 percent in August with no net jobs added, the government reports.

source: CBS News alert mailing.

More on same from CNN:

The U.S. says the economy added no jobs in August, the worst number since September 2010. The jobless rate was unchanged at 9.1%.

While the number was partially distorted by a one-time quirk from more than 40,000 striking Verizon workers, it was still weak in comparison to job gains of about 200,000 a month earlier this year.

Economists typically estimate the nation needs to add about 150,000 jobs each month to keep up with population growth alone. It needs even stronger growth to recover the millions of jobs lost during the financial crisis.

>+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

-- The Dow Jones Industrial Average dips below 11,000 in early trading as global economic fears continue.

Source: CNN breaking news mailing.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Hah! Rhetoric.

Turtle tunnels is a radical feminist plot with a background in Marxist dogma as well as having many curious Communist connections, her political ideology is deeply rooted in Marxism.
Hah! Rhetoric.
You know Obama doesn't micro manage every department nor set their advertising policy? Really? That trucker speaks for the right with that observation?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Where is that quote from?.....Nothing I posted

It's not a quote. I actually used my brain and said that for myself. I guess I could have found a trucker video that supported my view but I chose free thought. Sorry you can't recognize it.

You'll notice the quote box is NOT attributed to YOU.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
It's not a quote. I actually used my brain and said that for myself. I guess I could have found a trucker video that supported my view but I chose free thought. Sorry you can't recognize it.

You'll notice the quote box is NOT attributed to YOU.

It could have been from the link I posted...
Usually if one quotes even himself...one will put the name in the quote..non?

And the trucker bit was comic relief...

I didn't know you were an ideologue

Last edited:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

The economic package that President Barack Obama will lay out tonight will total more than $400 billion, a Democrat familiar with the plan told CNN.

Americans who are currently getting a payroll tax cut could see an even bigger cut, according to the source.

from CNN breaking news mailing.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
from CNN breaking news mailing:

Stocks plunged at the week's end as bad news from Europe just kept piling up.

The Dow sank 303 points, or 2.7%, to finish below 11,000. The Nasdaq and S&P 500 each fell more than 2.4%.

A shakeup at the European Central Bank sparked an early selloff, which gained momentum as worries grew about a possible Greek debt default.

Both the Dow and S&P 500 have now posted declines for six of the past seven weeks.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Breaking News Alert

The New York Times

Saturday, September 17, 2011 -- 6:00 PM EDT

-----

President Obama to Seek Higher Tax Rate on Millionaires

President Obama on Monday will call for a new minimum tax rate for individuals making more than $1 million a year to ensure that they pay at least the same percentage of their earnings as middle-income taxpayers, administration officials said.

With a special joint Congressional committee starting work to reach a bipartisan budget deal, the proposal adds a populist feature to Mr. Obama’s effort to raise the political pressure on Republicans to agree to higher revenues from the wealthy in return for Democrats’ support of future savings from Medicare and Medicaid.

Mr. Obama, in a bit of political salesmanship, will call his proposal the Buffett Rule, in a reference to Warren E. Buffett, the billionaire investor who has complained that the richest Americans generally pay a smaller share of their income in federal taxes than do middle-income workers, because investment gains are taxed at a lower rate.

Read More:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/18/us/politics/obama-tax-plan-would-ask-more-of-millionaires.html?emc=na

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Obama to propose 'Buffett Tax'

By ALISTER BULL, Reuters

http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url=...+recommendations+to+Congress+on+Monday.%0D%0Ajavascript:sendit();http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/USElection/2011/09/17/pf-18701371.htmlhttp://rapids.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/reg/NR-cust_service.pl?MODE=CUSTOMER_SERVICE&LOOK=CNEWS

Investor and philanthropist Warren Buffet receives the Medal of Freedom from U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House in Washington February 15, 2011. (Reuters)

Republicans criticize tax on millionaires idea

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama, in a populist step designed to appeal to voters, will propose a “Buffett Tax” on people making more than $1 million a year as part of his deficit recommendations to Congress on Monday. Such a proposal, among suggestions to a congressional supercommittee expected to seek up to $3 trillion in deficit savings over 10 years, would appeal to his Democratic base ahead of the 2012 election but may not raise much in revenues.

CANOE -- CNEWS - U.S. Election: Obama to propose 'Buffett Tax'