Man inflamed over amputated penis

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Man inflamed over amputated penis

QMI Agency

First posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 10:31:31 EDT AM

A Kentucky man is suing after he went into hospital for a circumcision and left without a penis.
Phillip Seaton, 64, was supposed to have surgery in 2007 to treat inflammation, but Dr. John Patterson removed Seaton's penis because he said he found cancer during the procedure, reports ABC News.
Seaton is seeking damages for "loss of service, love and affection" to his wife. The trial got underway Monday in Shelbyville, Ky.
Medical experts told ABC that the doctor needed consent from the patient, even if the cancer he discovered was life-threatening.
Seaton also sued the hospital where the procedure was performed. Louisville's Jewish Hospital reportedly settled out of court.

Man inflamed over amputated penis | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Some how I don't believe inflamed is the right word to use to describe his situation.

I doubt he'll ever be inflamed again to be honest. Poor fella.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Most hospitals require consent that additional procedures may be carried out if deemed necessary. If he signed that paperwork, he has no case. I wonder if he's arguing that he signed the paperwork but didn't expect to be missing some anatomy as part of the circumcision. Also ... circumcision at the age of 60 should have been his first clue that something serious may be going on.