mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
So let's see here...

One potential 'Catholic' terrorist, compared to the thousands of disgusting acts of violence perpetrated or attempted by Muslims literally every-single-day:

Russian authorities arrest Jihadists building fertilizer bomb in suburban apartment

Iraq: Gunmen in military uniforms pull 7 Sunnis from mosque and execute them

Girl in Uganda Loses Use of Legs after Leaving Islam for Christ

Muslim Extremists in India Attack, Threaten Christian Women

Blast Near Church in Kirkuk, Iraq Injures 13

Kidnapped Christian Girl in Sudan Escapes, Traumatized

Allow me to spare the looney-left the trouble of replying:

"Islam is a religion of peace"

"It's the Christians who started this war"

"It's the 'radical' Muslims who are doing these attacks... you're misinformed."

:roll:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Guys guys..

It's okay..

I heard this guy's manifesto reveals he's actually a cultural medievalist, so he's not really a Catholic, lol

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Guys guys..

It's okay..

I heard this guy's manifesto reveals he's actually a cultural medievalist, so he's not really a Catholic, lol

He probably was a real Catholic but so much in love with his religious legalism that he was willing to ignore the love of Christ in his heart(which he would have if born-again) and attack others with violence.

Unlike Breivik who according to his manifesto on page 1307 considered himself a "cultural Christian" not a person who was born-again in a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Of course you won't take anything I say seriously because you think stuff like this funny.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Unlike Breivik who according to his manifesto on page 1307 considered himself a "cultural Christian" not a person who was born-again in a relationship with Jesus Christ.

What does being "born-again" have to do with being a "real" Christian? I though the whole born-again thing was invented by inbred preachers from the bayou's of Louisiana

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
He probably was a real Catholic but so much in love with his religious legalism that he was willing to ignore the love of Christ in his heart(which he would have if born-again) and attack others with violence.

Of course you won't take anything I say seriously because you think stuff like this funny.

I think it's funny that you're so offended that both guys were Christian.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I'm actually not offended. I get more offended when people assert that Islam is a religion of peace. I just know the difference between a Christian and someone who just calls themselves "Christian". There's a difference.

Well I never said anything about Islam in this thread, nor did the OP.

In fact, there is no indication therein that either of us believe Islam is a "religion of peace".

You brought it up.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Well I never said anything about Islam in this thread, nor did the OP.

In fact, there is no indication therein that either of us believe Islam is a "religion of peace".

You brought it up.

I'm not saying you in particular made that claim, but others have. I brought Islam up because one idiot Catholic pales in comparison to the real problem.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm actually not offended. I get more offended when people assert that Islam is a religion of peace. I just know the difference between a Christian and someone who just calls themselves "Christian". There's a difference.

Interesting, you differentiate between those that "call" themselves Christians and "real" Christians, but don't do the same when it comes to the adherents of Islam.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
I think it's funny that you're so offended that both guys were Christian.

This is actually what I was thinking. This thread isn't about Islamic terrorism but he was so offended that he felt the need to post a bunch of links trying to change the topic onto Muslims.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm not saying you in particular made that claim, but others have. I brought Islam up because one idiot Catholic pales in comparison to the real problem.

Terrorists don't get a pass just because they're not the terrorists you personally are most concerned with.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
"Following up with our ongoing recent investigations into multicultural societies, a would-be terrorist was arrested on Tuseday for a plan to attack protesters in Madrid. This is yet again a problem with multi-cultural societies. Some cultures have no respect for the rule of law, or any negative criticism of their beliefs...Sorry, what's that? You say the terrorist wasn't Muslim? And he was Christian? Oh...In other news, a man was recently rushed to the hospital after being forced to eat his own foot. "