Stephen Harper second-best and worst PM since 1968

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Trudeau and Churchill both top their respective countries in Angus Reid polling.....so yes, up there with Churchill on the list of best approval ratings of Prime Ministers of their respective countries, and JFK as the President with the highest approval rating.

Trudeau was the biggest A$$hole that ever set foot on Parliament Hill (and Mulroney was only half a step behind).

mentalfloss
Trudeau was fantastic. I can't believe you guys are so incensed with him.

What's wrong with you?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

The father of multiculturalism, humm how has that work out in Canada?

Better than in the US I would say. Much better.

Trudeau and Churchill both top their respective countries in Angus Reid polling.....so yes, up there with Churchill on the list of best approval ratings of Prime Ministers of their respective countries, and JFK as the President with the highest approval rating.

In their own countries - Fine with that - How Trudeau is rated as or nearly as high as Churchill by some on this forum is beyond comprehension.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

In their own countries - Fine with that - How Trudeau is rated as or nearly as high as Churchill by some on this forum is beyond comprehension.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Trudeau had class!

Yeah, about as much as an onion sandwich.

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

U of Sask grounds.

Yep, they don't come any better than John!

mentalfloss
+1
It should be obvious why conservatives worship Churchill.

He came up with the people's budget (external - login to view).

Quote:

Churchill's biographer, William Manchester (external - login to view), called the People's Budget "a revolutionary concept" because it was the first budget in British history with the expressed intent of redistributing wealth among the British public

Quote:

The budget included the introduction of new taxes on the wealthy to allow for the creation of new social welfare programmes.

petros

If you look closely at the picture you can see the pee stains. Not a nice thing to do.

Cannuck
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

It should be obvious why conservatives worship Churchill.

He came up with the people's budget (external - login to view).

Yup, Winny and Pierre were like two peas in a pod.

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Trudeau was the biggest A$$hole that ever set foot on Parliament Hill (and Mulroney was only half a step behind).

Debatable. I wouldn't know, I'm not that old.

JLM

Debatable. I wouldn't know, I'm not that old.

Take my word for it, I am!

Tonington

Take my word for it, I am!

So, how does Trudeau compare to our first PM? I won't take your word on it, but I will ask.

JLM

So, how does Trudeau compare to our first PM? I won't take your word on it, but I will ask.

Well, he was younger, he was French as compared to Scot, I think old John A. could probably drink him under the table, John A. got a railroad built, the same one Trudeau was on when he gave us the infamous finger.

Goober

And the answer is?????????

JLM

Right below your post!

mentalfloss

It's funny. At first, not really knowing much about Churchill and assuming he was some con shill (because he's supported by same), I thought there could be no comparison. But the more I read about him, the more I realize that he is more left than the right would have you believe.

Makes you wonder why a lot of conservatives think he's the greatest parliamentarian of all time.

Goober

It's funny. At first, not really knowing much about Churchill and assuming he was some con shill (because he's supported by same), I thought there could be no comparison. But the more I read about him, the more I realize that he is more left than the right would have you believe.

Makes you wonder why a lot of conservatives think he's the greatest parliamentarian of all time.

Makes me wonder why you always doubt Conservatives?

mentalfloss
+2

Makes me wonder why you always doubt Conservatives?

I wasn't aware that doubting conservatives should cause anyone bewilderment.

Cliffy
+1

Well, he was younger, he was French as compared to Scot, I think old John A. could probably drink him under the table, John A. got a railroad built, the same one Trudeau was on when he gave us the infamous finger.

I believe Trudeau was returning the finger. When I first came to this province in '72, I never met so many red neck bigots in one place in my life. Alberta came a close second (I spent several months working on a ranch near Eckville). I thought I had landed in the Ozarks, shades of Deliverance. Trudeau was far too sophisticated for this bunch of Neanderthals and conservatives with only one thing on their minds - rape the forests as fast as and efficiently as possible and screw future generations. And OH! "those rag heads stole all our jobs" while sitting around the pub all day getting drunk. Prince George was the crime and drug capital of Canada with the highest per capita rating for murders and violence.

Sorry, but it is really hard for me to take criticism of Trudeau from westerners seriously. He was human and made some serious mistakes in judgement but he was still the only PM to stand up to the military/industrial complex of the United States of Aggression and call their bluff. When the east was the center of commerce. the west had no problem sucking off the federal teat. But when they got money from raping their environment, they wanted to keep it all to themselves.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

I believe Trudeau was returning the finger.

Yup!

JLM
+1

I guess the burning question is, is there a party you could doubt less than Conservatives, in Canada today?

mentalfloss

I guess the burning question is, is there a party you could doubt less than Conservatives, in Canada today?

Wa.. Wait a second.. I see what you did there.

WLDB

They were both pretty good with one-liners.

Goober

Let me change that up for you. Slam perhaps.

Trust no one the truth is out there.