Can an HIV vaccine help aboriginal people in Saskatchewan?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A B.C. reseacher is hoping to develop a specialized HIV vaccine that could help aboriginal people in Saskatchewan, Danny Kresnyak reports.

For more listen here: CBC.ca Player

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
That sounds wrong...do Saskatchewan aboriginals have a unique strain of HIV, or far different immunological profiles than other demographics? Bell is throttling my internet so badly right now that I can't even watch videos...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yup. They say it's a unique strain here in Regina.

P.S. Tonnington, If your bandwidth is low the link should still work since it is only an audio.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I can understand that....but there are many strains all over the world. I'm wondering why whatever technology they wish to use to target specific antigens can't be used for many sub-types.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The vaccine they wish to make is strain specific. Apparently treatment isn't working very well either as this strain seems to resist normal methods.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The vaccine they wish to make is strain specific.

Yes, I realize that. My point is that if you can develop a strain specific vaccine for one sub-type then the technology platform that vaccine is based on can be used for other strains as well. 98% of the HIV+ cases in Canada come from just 4 strains. The virus has conserved portions of the genome, and variable portions which make up for the serotype differences amongst the different strains. It's easy enough to identify the antigens you want in your vaccine, for HIV the challenge is delivering the treatment.

It's the scope of the title in that video that I find weird.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's all pretty vague. I'll have to ask the Mrs for more info. She knows a hell of a lot more about it than I do.

I do know that it is spreading like wildfire in the city and anything that will help would be a God send to the community as a whole.

Addressing poverty has failed just as public awareness campaigns. In my community of Moccasin Flats it is said that HIV+ is hitting nearly 50% in certain demographical instances.

I know I'm not at risk but to watch my community die is something I definitely don't want to see.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Sorry to burst your bubble dude. But HIV AIDS doesn't really exist, its just a big lie.
Look it up on the net.

Tones of information to prove its fake.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
If it isn't one STD, it's another. Isn't there a better solution that doesn't require needles?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
If it isn't one STD, it's another. Isn't there a better solution that doesn't require needles?

Vaccine's could be used to wipe aboriginal people right out of Canada, in a few generation. Theres tones of nasty things they can do with them in todays medical science reality

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Sorry to burst your bubble dude. But HIV AIDS doesn't really exist, its just a big lie.
Look it up on the net.

Ya, the internet says the orange goo is from aliens and Snooki too.

Vaccine's could be used to wipe aboriginal people right out of Canada, in a few generation. Theres tones of nasty things they can do with them in todays medical science reality
You are part a huge problem. It's simple minded stupidity as that contained in your post, that has aided the uprising in once thought to be dead diseases.

I hope you're proud.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Look it up on the net.

Yeah cuz everything on the internet is true.

There is actually. Abstinence.

So far it's not really working out that well.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Ya, the internet says the orange goo is from aliens and Snooki too.

You are part a huge problem. It's simple minded stupidity as that contained in your post, that has aided the uprising in once thought to be dead diseases.

I hope you're proud.

If our planet die's cause we over extend its capacity and drain all its resources till its a dry lifeless desert rock.

Over immunization from Vaccine's and anti-biotic will probably be one of the biggest cause.

Its stupidity and selfish minded people like you why one day this planet will be destroyed and UN-habitable.

You only see things for your own selfish little existence like 90 % of Canadians.

I bet your proud of that.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If our planet die's cause we over extend its capacity and drain all its resources till its a dry lifeless desert rock.

Over immunization from Vaccine's and anti-biotic will probably be one of the biggest cause.

Its stupidity and selfish minded people like you why one day this planet will be destroyed and UN-habitable.

You only see things for your own selfish little existence like 90 % of Canadians.

I bet your proud of that.
Another stupid post. That has nothing to do with what you babbled in the post I addressed.

In that post you babbled something stupid about 'doctored' vaccinations and how AIDS/HIV was a lie. An act I say is tantamount to libelous, ethically reprehensible, dangerous, and outright idiotic.

Not global overpopulation.

Keep trying, each post you make is dumber than the last.

Last edited: