Weird Orange Goo in Alaska Proves Aliens Exist

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Weird Orange Goo in Alaska Proves Aliens Exist

It sounds like the premise for a science-fiction/horror movie from the '70's. Mysterious "orange goo" started washing up on Alaskan shores Wednesday night, and so far, nobody has the slightest idea why. If you're like me, your first thought was something like, "Great, what did we spill into the ocean this time?" But here's the weirdest part ...

Initial tests of the substance show that it's neither petroleum-based nor man-made. And the area of Alaska where it's showing up, a "remote" village called Kivalina, isn't even heavily populated.

So ... what the heck is this stuff?

Apparently the people of Kivalina are requesting that an algae expert perform further analysis on the goo, and I don't blame them -- if I lived there, I'd want this mystery solved ASAP. Because, let's face it, the longer we let this alien larvae sit there (come on, you know that's what it is!), the closer we get to extraterrestrial takeover!

Even if (and this is highly unlikely) the orange goo is not part of some alien plot, it stands to reason that we'd want to figure this out sooner rather than later. I'm no marine biologist, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and propose that maybe, probably, this substance is a sign of some sort of ... sea change we might want to be aware of? Just saying.

At least we can take comfort in the observation of one villager brave enough to dip her hand into the sherbet-colored muck: It doesn't smell bad. Phew! That has to be a good sign, right?

What do you think the orange goo washing ashore in Alaska really is?

Weird Orange Goo in Alaska Proves Aliens Exist | The Stir

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Question, did the observers remove their sunglasses when observing said goo?

If not, mystery solved.

If they did, then well it's probably algae.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I'd be checking that sh*t out with a geiger counter before even thinking about touching it.

Japan is what's recent.

and if it is something washed here from there, don't expect to hear the truth about it anytime soon.

just looked at it on google maps.

I didn't see mention of whether it was found on the ocean side or bay side of that isthmus.

of course if it's the bay side I wouldn't see how it could be related to Japan.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
This just in...

Snookie, Cause of Strange Orange Alaskan Goo.

Strange orange goo found on an Alaskan remote village's shore. Turns out to be the shower water from the cabin of Jersey Shore's "Snookie". On a cruise ship anchored just outside the harbour.

FOX News

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
This just in...

Snookie, Cause of Strange Orange Alaskan Goo.

Strange orange goo found on an Alaskan remote village's shore. Turns out to be the shower water from the cabin of Jersey Shore's "Snookie". On a cruise ship anchored just outside the harbour.

FOX News
You know, I'd heard the expression "Nothing good ever came out of Jersey" before. I didn't want to believe it but it's hard to argue with compelling evidence.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
It's probably algae, last year they found some orange algae in the Gulf of Mexico last year, in one of the marine sanctuaries. I don't know if they ever identified it. It was an orange iridescent algae, looks a lot like this one in Alaska.

Flower Gardens Bank algae:

Alaskan Snooki goo:

Last edited:

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Did someone spill their slurpy?

It looks like lichen ... not green like we seen in the evergreens at high elevations in the Rockies, but it looks like lichen.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It's probably algae, last year they found some orange algae in the Gulf of Mexico last year, in one of the marine sanctuaries. I don't know if they ever identified it. It was an orange iridescent algae, looks a lot like this one in Alaska.

Flower Gardens Bank algae:

Alaskan Snooki goo:
You're probably right, it's probably algae.

But don't be too quick to dismiss the whole blame Snooki angle. If for no other reason than because it's fun. :)

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Rain? Something in the air, the right shade and temperature ... maybe it's nuclear waste from Japan ... when did the lichen first appear?