David wesley Bobbitt

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He's the man there is nation wide warrant out for the arrest for the brutal rape and assault of a young Penticton woman. Just wondering if there is a connection to the illustrious Lorena Bobbitt?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
He's the man there is nation wide warrant out for the arrest for the brutal rape and assault of a young Penticton woman. Just wondering if there is a connection to the illustrious Lorena Bobbitt?

The same question crossed my mind when I first heard his name on Global yesterday, JLM. I don't know either but if anyone deserves the 'punishment' that Lorena's husband got, this guy is a prime candidate, IMHO.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If you're speaking of her (Lorena's) husband (ie. the one that got "bobbed") his name was John Wayne Bobbit. I just remembered because he shared his name with The Duke. ;)

JLM, you're doing it to me again my friend, lol. Post a news related story without the newslink. :) Is this about the store owner who held a woman captive and assaulted her? I saw something briefly the other day but haven't read too much about it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If you're speaking of her (Lorena's) husband (ie. the one that got "bobbed") his name was John Wayne Bobbit. I just remembered because he shared his name with The Duke. ;)

JLM, you're doing it to me again my friend, lol. Post a news related story without the newslink. :) Is this about the store owner who held a woman captive and assaulted her? I saw something briefly the other day but haven't read too much about it.

Sorry SLM, I was remiss, but it has been on national T.V. news for a day or so, so I just assumed most people were aware of it. Oh well maybe John Wayne changed his name after having the anatomy change. :lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Sorry SLM, I was remiss, but it has been on national T.V. news for a day or so, so I just assumed most people were aware of it. Oh well maybe John Wayne changed his name after having the anatomy change. :lol:
I was just teasing you. :)

I don't watch tv newscasts regularly, usually get most of my news from a website that links to major papers across the country and internationally. I do remember briefly seeing something on sympatico.ca (my browser homepage) but didn't have a chance to review it at the time. When I went back it was gone.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It is very very disturbing to think a young woman, with her 22mo. old son, could innocently walk into
a store, then be attacked such as she was, in a most violent manner, it seems amazing she is alive.

It took 12 hours for anyone to find her, and thankfully her parents, who had expected her to arrive at
their home, became concerned and began to investigate, and her car was spotted parked outside the
second hand store.
Her young son witnessed the whole sickening event, and he also was there for 'that' long before he too
was found.

That was a horrible attack, and apparantly this man has a history of violence.

I hope she can fully recover, but apparantly she has head injuries, don't know how serious.

He is on the loose. I would like to spot him somewhere, with a poison dart in my hand, actually
many poison darts, and a double barrel shotgun as a back up, just in case.
I wouldn't even flinch or blink, just get the job done.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

This walking-talking piece of human garbage has no relation to John Wayne Bobbit(or at least as the case is concerned anyhow). However, he is the piece of feces that did those horrible things to the woman in his thrift shop.

Part of me hopes the brother of the victim finds him before the police do. It wouldn't be pretty.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
This walking-talking piece of human garbage has no relation to John Wayne Bobbit(or at least as the case is concerned anyhow). However, he is the piece of feces that did those horrible things to the woman in his thrift shop.

Part of me hopes the brother of the victim finds him before the police do. It wouldn't be pretty.

All of me hopes that justice is administered in a proper and timely manner before our joke of a just us system coddles him.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

When he is captured I'm not sure how much is likely to happen to him. He'll probably go for a 30 day psychiatric assessment right off the bat, and likely as not be deemed not fit to stand trial, so he'll be in limbo at taxpayers expense until such time as he is deemed fit. Of course the defense lawyers will be scrambling to get this case. There is no doubt as to how evil and horrific a crime he committed, but apparently he gave people lots of warnings and the warnings were largely ignored or at least no one took any positive action. I guess the Charter gives us the right to act and talk as crazy as we want until a crime is committed, often too late. Like the guy who beheaded and ate the bus passenger in Winnipeg.

All of me hopes that justice is administered in a proper and timely manner before our joke of a just us system coddles him.

A lot of this bull sh*t can be attributed to Trudeau's Charter!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
When he is captured I'm not sure how much is likely to happen to him. He'll probably go for a 30 day psychiatric assessment right off the bat, and likely as not be deemed not fit to stand trial, so he'll be in limbo at taxpayers expense until such time as he is deemed fit. Of course the defense lawyers will be scrambling to get this case. There is no doubt as to how evil and horrific a crime he committed, but apparently he gave people lots of warnings and the warnings were largely ignored or at least no one took any positive action. I guess the Charter gives us the right to act and talk as crazy as we want until a crime is committed, often too late. Like the guy who beheaded and ate the bus passenger in Winnipeg.

A lot of this bull sh*t can be attributed to Trudeau's Charter!

I wonder if he will finish himself off somewhere, and never be found, sure hope not, we need to see
the end to this sickening human, and if something strange happens to him, and he turns up 'dead',
we can all cheer, because yes, as soon as the legal system gets a hold of him, lawyers make millions,
and the defense can wiggle and riggle their way to some ridiculous reason why he should not be dealt
with too harshly.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I wonder if he will finish himself off somewhere, and never be found, sure hope not, we need to see
the end to this sickening human, and if something strange happens to him, and he turns up 'dead',
we can all cheer, because yes, as soon as the legal system gets a hold of him, lawyers make millions,
and the defense can wiggle and riggle their way to some ridiculous reason why he should not be dealt
with too harshly.

I am more worried that he has taken someone else hostage and is hiding out somewhere wreaking yet more havoc. I don't think he will get off if caught, talloola. I believe he will receive a fair trail, be found guilty on all counts, sentenced as a dangerous offender and sent to jail for the rest of his life.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I am more worried that he has taken someone else hostage and is hiding out somewhere wreaking yet more havoc. I don't think he will get off if caught, talloola. I believe he will receive a fair trail, be found guilty on all counts, sentenced as a dangerous offender and sent to jail for the rest of his life.

I think the very most he will get if found fit to stand trial and if not not guilty due to insanity will be about 14 years. To get life you pretty well have to kill someone.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I think the very most he will get if found fit to stand trial and if not not guilty due to insanity will be about 14 years. To get life you pretty well have to kill someone.

What if the prosecutor is able to prove dangerous offender status, JLM. Doesn't that mean life?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What if the prosecutor is able to prove dangerous offender status, JLM. Doesn't that mean life?

Probably indefinite sentence to be reviewed every year or so. He's 35 and may have been an ordinary law abiding citizen at one time until he got derailed by mental issues. I agree that we should exact our "pound of flesh", but the best outcome for all concerned if it' possible that he be restored to a law abiding citizen, once the "pound of flesh" has been exacted.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Probably indefinite sentence to be reviewed every year or so. He's 35 and may have been an ordinary law abiding citizen at one time until he got derailed by mental issues. I agree that we should exact our "pound of flesh", but the best outcome for all concerned if it' possible that he be restored to a law abiding citizen, once the "pound of flesh" has been exacted.

I guess it will depend on just what these 'mental issues' are and if they can be treated conventionally, JLM. From what people who knew him are saying he became increasingly angry and threatening over time. Wonder if he had some sort of head injury that went untreated? Though, the news reports state that he has been charged with firearm offenses in the past so maybe it was a progressive disorder of some sort.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I guess it will depend on just what these 'mental issues' are and if they can be treated conventionally, JLM. From what people who knew him are saying he became increasingly angry and threatening over time. Wonder if he had some sort of head injury that went untreated? Though, the news reports state that he has been charged with firearm offenses in the past so maybe it was a progressive disorder of some sort.

That's just it, you just can't come to any solid conclusion until ALL the facts are known. We know the results are cruel and horrific, but we won't know the cause or the process. Part of the blame definitely lies with those who were cognizant of a problem and did nothing. If it was your or my friend who started acting like this we'd try to get him/her help.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

I think they have asked everyone to check on all of their friends and relatives in the area, to make sure
they are safe.

That's just it, you just can't come to any solid conclusion until ALL the facts are known. We know the results are cruel and horrific, but we won't know the cause or the process. Part of the blame definitely lies with those who were cognizant of a problem and did nothing. If it was your or my friend who started acting like this we'd try to get him/her help.

thats good if it works, but for the most part someone acting strange or violent, isn't going to listen
to you or anyone else, and until he hurts someone, as this monster has done, police can't touch him.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It is very very disturbing to think a young woman, with her 22mo. old son, could innocently walk into
a store, then be attacked such as she was, in a most violent manner, it seems amazing she is alive.

It took 12 hours for anyone to find her, and thankfully her parents, who had expected her to arrive at
their home, became concerned and began to investigate, and her car was spotted parked outside the
second hand store.
Her young son witnessed the whole sickening event, and he also was there for 'that' long before he too
was found.

If it wasn't for the family "banging down doors" in the area where they saw her car, then she would almost certainly be dead(and perhaps even the 22 month old child).

Perhaps the police were a little slow to react to this, as it sounds like they didn't take this as serious as they could when the family first came to them for help.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If it wasn't for the family "banging down doors" in the area where they saw her car, then she would almost certainly be dead(and perhaps even the 22 month old child).

Perhaps the police were a little slow to react to this, as it sounds like they didn't take this as serious as they could when the family first came to them for help.

Normally the cops have to wait 24 hrs on a missing person report for an adult. Thats because too many of them have just been out somewhere and it wastes far too much valuable police time.

Blackie

Feb 18, 2011
Alberta
I believe he's been arrested. Saw it on the Global news tonight but, for now, can't find any other info..

Vancouver Sun August 3, 2011 11:06 PM
RCMP arrest David Wesley Bobbitt in connection with gruesome sexual attack A man who was the subject of a Canada-wide manhunt after a woman was tied up and assaulted in Penticton on the weekend was arrested near Osoyoos on Wednesday, according to police. Osoyoos RCMP picked up David Wesley Bobbitt without incident, Cpl. Dan Moskaluk said in a news release. Bobbitt had set up camp on an orchard south of Oliver around 6 p.m. Wednesday, Moskaluk said. The property owner asked Bobbitt to leave before recognizing him and calling a friend, who is an RCMP officer. Police arrested Bobbitt along Highway 97 north of Osoyoos, Moskaluk said. The 22-year-old woman was tied up and violently assaulted Saturday afternoon in Penticton. She was reported missing Saturday evening around 7 p.m., and after a long night of searching, her family found her at Bobbitt's business, Dave’s Second Hand Store. The police entered the premise and recovered the woman at around 3 a.m. Sunday morning, but the suspect had escaped. A Canada-wide warrant for Bobbitt's arrest was issued Monday. Bobbitt was found guilty in 2005 of possessing a weapon for dangerous purposes in connection with an incident a year earlier in Nelson, according to Provincial Court records. He was sentenced to two years' probation as well as a two-year weapons prohibition.
Vancouver Sun
© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun
(Hope this is okay to post)