Majority of Arabs In Muslim Countries Don't Believe Arabs Did It

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
A Pew survey reports that the majority of Arabs, in Muslim countries, don't believe Arabs conducted the 9/11 attacks. Egypt, Turkey, Lebanon, Indonesia, Pakistan, Israel, Palestinian territories, and Jordan.

Pew Survey: Arabs Not Responsible For 9/11, Say Majority In Muslim Nations

Pew Survey: Arabs Not Responsible For 9/11, Say Majority In Muslim Nations

A report released today by the Pew Research Center reveals that a majority of Muslims in several Middle Eastern countries believe that the Sept. 11 attacks were not carried out by Arabs. The report, titled "Muslim-Western Tensions Persist," sought to investigate public attitudes about the relationship between the two global communities.

For the portion of the survey related to the Sept. 11 attacks, responses were gathered from Muslims in Egypt, Turkey, the Palestinian territories, Jordan, Lebanon, Israel, Indonesia and Pakistan. A majority of Muslim respondents in each of these countries said they did not believe the 9/11 attacks were carried out by Arabs, the highest rate being in Egypt where 75 percent of Muslims said they did not believe that Arabs were responsible, closely followed by 73 percent of Muslim respondents in Turkey.

No more than 28 percent of Muslim respondents in any of these countries said they accept that the attack was carried out by Arabs, something seen as an inarguable fact in the United States and other Western nations.

The broader results of the survey, part of the Pew Center's Global Attitudes project, show that both Muslim and Western public opinion believes that relations between the two groups are problematic. A majority of respondents in France, Germany, Spain and Britain say that Muslim-Western relations are bad, while 48 percent of Americans and 38 percent of Russians agree. Similar majorities of the predominantly Muslim nations listed above agreed that relations were poor.

The two populations shared widespread concern over the influence of Islamic extremism and the lack of prosperity in Muslim nations, however, they diverged in explaining the causes of these conditions. A majority (53 percent) of Muslims believed that U.S. and Western foreign policy was a factor in the lack of prosperity for Muslim nations, while only 14 percent of Westerners believed this to be so.

Another major distinction arising from the survey was the preeminence of national versus religious identity. In each of the Muslim countries surveyed, with the exception of Lebanon and the Palestinian territories, respondents said they identified as a Muslim first and with their nationality second. Meanwhile, overwhelming majorities of respondents in the Western countries said their nationality took precedence over their religious identity, except in the United States where an equal split of 46 percent each said that they identified first as an American or first as a Christian

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Even in Israel Arabs are clued out. Not good. Not good for the world.

Very interestingly, it stated that about 46% of Americans consider themselves Christian first, and Americans second. About the saem number consider themselves Americans first. Not good either. May be meant for each other.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Oh yeah..almost forgot.

When did Indonesia, Turkey and Pakistan become Arab countries? Do they know they are Arabs and not Indonesian, Turkish or Pakistani? Should we tell them or just keep them in the dark like the author of this article and thread?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Ah yes, can only see the trees and not the forest. Got an opinion here that shows you can write two, or gosh, three or four intelligent sentences? Please shout at your TV instead.

This forum should forbid one line responses, other forums do.

when replying to your idiocy, single line replys are usually more than enough.

So, all white westerners can be identified as Christian then.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Besides the obvious carnage, death and destruction, I still don't know what happened on 9/11.

I find the timing suspicious... relative to George W. Bush's becoming US President and the US unprovoked attack Iraq. 90 days before the 2000 election, a neoconservative think tank wrote a strategy paper detailing what later became Bush's foreign policy. That paper advocated invading and occupying Iraq and made this statement:

"...the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event––like a new Pearl Harbor"
Project for the New American Century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How convenient that a Pearl Harbor like event occurs a year later. Coincidence or deliberate? I'm not convinced either way.

I'm not saying that Muslim extremists linked to OBL didn't do it. I'm just saying that I'm not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt of anyone or any group's guilt. I am reasonably certain that we have been told many lies regarding 9/11. Linking the events of 9/11 to Saddam Hussein and then using that link to start an unprovoked war is just one example. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone and its possible/likely that the Iraq invasion was just opportunism. However, anyone who wanted the US to invade Iraq and implement other PNAC foreign policies would be motivated to cause a catastrophic and catalyzing event, or if they became aware of some group planning such a thing to remain silent or even help.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
You've got to love statistics, don't you?

Q&A, mostly without any real context, from which we all can select interpretations to fit predetermined conclusions.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Ah yes, can only see the trees and not the forest. Got an opinion here that shows you can write two, or gosh, three or four intelligent sentences? Please shout at your TV instead.

This forum should forbid one line responses, other forums do.

Speaking about preaching opinions and spouting the rules of the forums, did you remember that when you post a news link in the news section, you're supposed to start some sort of topic based on your own comments and opinions, rather than just copy/pasting a news link and leaving it at that?

Once again you show you're hypocrisy.

In regards to this useless topic that yet again targets those who aren't like you, belief in something usually requires evidence and/or proof.

Plenty of people don't believe in Global Warming due to either lack of evidence/proof or finding much of that so-called evidence & proof to be actually false, contradicting & proven completely baseless.

Speaking of opinions on this topic... what's your opinion?

Why did you bring this report up in the first place?

Is this yet again another one of your lame attempts to show how evil minorities are to try and "Dump" the monarchy and stop immigrants from coming into Canada because you think they're going to kill you?

Or are you saying that because they don't believe what you so blindly believe, that we should start bombing these countries?

Cripes man, you need help..... I don't mean that as an insult, you have a serious problem that needs to be addressed by professionals because I'm sorry, but the way you go on about all this stuff, to me, you're more of a threat to those around you than the people you continually complain about.

Of course if you do go off the deep end and decide to take matters into your own hands, I'm sure you'll find a way to blame minorities and immigrants for that as well....

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Oh yeah..almost forgot.

When did Indonesia, Turkey and Pakistan become Arab countries? Do they know they are Arabs and not Indonesian, Turkish or Pakistani? Should we tell them or just keep them in the dark like the author of this article and thread?

It wasn't the author of the article that made the mistake. It was dumpthemonarchy.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Denial is a very common theme amongst us humans...it's not surprising that most Arabs in Muslim countries don't believe that 9/11 was orchestrated and carried out by Arabs. It's the same thing that environmentalists do when eco-terrorists do something stupid, or the same thing that some groups did after the retard in Norway went postal and wiped out nearly a hundred human lives.

Of course it's even more understandable when on the flip side of denialism you have people scapegoating entire groups of people.

Opinion polls about this kind of thing aren't very convincing, but great bellwethers about attitudes. That's about the only usefulness I can think of for that poll.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Denial is a very common theme amongst us humans...it's not surprising that most Arabs in Muslim countries don't believe that 9/11 was orchestrated and carried out by Arabs. It's the same thing that environmentalists do when eco-terrorists do something stupid, or the same thing that some groups did after the retard in Norway went postal and wiped out nearly a hundred human lives.

Of course it's even more understandable when on the flip side of denialism you have people scapegoating entire groups of people.

Opinion polls about this kind of thing aren't very convincing, but great bellwethers about attitudes. That's about the only usefulness I can think of for that poll.
Excellent point about denial, no one wants to believe anything irregular or wrong about their own group, be that a cultural group, national group, religious group, etc. And deflection would probably be the natural response to that.

I always find I get curious about what the questions themselves are like. How a question is phrased, even innocently, can usually draw out a certain response. When I clicked on the links to see if I could find the actual survey questions I didn't see them but I did notice that the mode of survey for all the Western nations was telephone and all the Eastern nations was face to face.Everything else from sample size, to survey dates was reasonable in comparison. Maybe that has absolutely no bearing on the results, but it did seem kind of weird.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
regardless who committed the act, americans got the kick in the nuts it deserved.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
regardless who committed the act, americans got the kick in the nuts it deserved.

Tough guy at a keyboard!

Tell you what. I'll give you $50.00 if you go into a local bar in the United States and say that out loud JBee.

I'll need video proof and the address of whatever American Hospital you will be staying at for the duration of trip to the USA.

Certified check or money order there retard?