Warren Jeffs Trial

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Anyone care to speculate on how the Warren Jeffs trial will turn out. In Utah he was found
guilty before being taken to Texas for another trial for his crimes in that State.

San Angelo, Texas • A jury was chosen Tuesday for the Warren Jeffs trial in West Texas.
After a full day of weeding down candidates from a pool of more than 200 people, 10 women and two men were picked to make up the jury, with a man and a woman as alternates.
Jeffs, 55, is charged with sexual assault of a child and aggravated sexual assault of a child in two alleged underage spiritual marriages, one to a girl under 17 and another to a 12-year-old. A conviction could put him prison for life.
During a contentious morning of jury selection, just under half of the more than 200 potential West Texas jurors said they had already made up their minds about the guilt or innocence of polygamous sect leader Jeffs.
The prosecution objected several times as defense attorney Deric Walpole launched into a series of long, involved questions asking the crowd of possible jurors whether they could presume Jeffs is innocent.
"If you look into your heart ... If you’re not truly presuming my client is innocent as you sit here right now ... hold your card up high. Don’t be shy," Walpole said. And later, "This case has already been on trial."

I hope America finally meets its responsibility to children, all children in that country.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The smart ones said he was guilty so that they would not have their lives disrupted for months by a show trial. With all the media this has received I doubt he could get a truly fair trial anywhere.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Cut his pecker off. Goddam Mormosexuals.

OK.......that could be the "punishment

will speculate that he will be found guilty. Seems that the women should be held to account too. They have enabled what is in fact child cruelty..by virtue of their silence. Brainwashed (into a role of passive submission ) ,or not........their responsibility to protect their kids from what boils down to are pedophile. acts.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The thing that really bothers me is the parents allowing their children to be used like this and the
fathers, where the hell are they? The fathers are taking other parents little girls and doing what
ever. These people must be called a criminal enterprise and thrown in jail Once they are done
they should raid Bountiful and that Blackmore and company should be on trial right along with him

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Blackmore has one helluva good lawyer keeping him walking a very fine line.

I would amend that to "manipulative" lawyer. Money talks and that is more of a concern to him than the well being and safety of the young girls.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
Warren Jeffs is whacked out of his mind, than again, I guess most fundamentalists are .
I read a book written by a women who grew up in the FLDS community and Warren Jeffs forced her to get married when she was 14-15 and predictably raped by her much older boyfriend.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Anyone care to speculate on how the Warren Jeffs trial will turn out. In Utah he was found
guilty before being taken to Texas for another trial for his crimes in that State.

San Angelo, Texas • A jury was chosen Tuesday for the Warren Jeffs trial in West Texas.
After a full day of weeding down candidates from a pool of more than 200 people, 10 women and two men were picked to make up the jury, with a man and a woman as alternates.
Jeffs, 55, is charged with sexual assault of a child and aggravated sexual assault of a child in two alleged underage spiritual marriages, one to a girl under 17 and another to a 12-year-old. A conviction could put him prison for life.
During a contentious morning of jury selection, just under half of the more than 200 potential West Texas jurors said they had already made up their minds about the guilt or innocence of polygamous sect leader Jeffs.
The prosecution objected several times as defense attorney Deric Walpole launched into a series of long, involved questions asking the crowd of possible jurors whether they could presume Jeffs is innocent.
"If you look into your heart ... If you’re not truly presuming my client is innocent as you sit here right now ... hold your card up high. Don’t be shy," Walpole said. And later, "This case has already been on trial."

I hope America finally meets its responsibility to children, all children in that country.

I sincerely hope that the jury, after all evidence has been presented by both sides, will find this pedophile guilty on all counts. CTV news was reporting this morning that young girls from Bounty, BC were 'spirited' across the border and taken to several of the Jeffers compounds. Not bad enough he takes US kids, he also preys on Canadian youngsters.

I also agree with previous comments that the parents of these kids should be held accountable. There is absolutely NO excuse for pandering their kids to pedophiles.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The inability of America.. and Canada.. to enforce laws of bigamy and child sexual servitude in polygamous cults stems directly from the deforamation of marriage into an absurbity.. by way of homosexual 'marriage'.

That has fundamentally changed its character from an institution intended to protect and nurture children.. to one of gratification and degradation. Hence we cannot prosecute the organizations that promote child abuse, and can only react after the abuse has occurred.

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The inability of America.. and Canada.. to enforce laws of bigamy and child sexual servitude in polygamous cults stems directly from the deforamation of marriage into an absurbity.. by way of homosexual 'marriage'.

That has fundamentally changed its character from an institution intended to protect and nurture children.. to one of gratification and degradation. Hence we cannot prosecute the organizations that promote child abuse, and can only react after the abuse has occurred.

You might have a tiny point if bigamy and child sexual servitude was more common with the acceptance of same-sex marriage.

But, since that's absolutely not the case, you really don't have a point.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Hence we cannot prosecute the organizations that promote child abuse, and can only react after the abuse has occurred.

Rubbish. Has the criminal code changed because of same sex marriage, with respect to child abuse? Nope.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Rubbish. Has the criminal code changed because of same sex marriage, with respect to child abuse? Nope.

Actually Coldstream is dead on. The Atty. General of British Columbia dithered for a couple of years before deciding not to prosecute Winston Blackmore. You might do a little "homework" before writing off someone's post as "rubbish".

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Actually Coldstream is dead on. The Atty. General of British Columbia dithered for a couple of years before deciding not to prosecute Winston Blackmore. You might do a little "homework" before writing off someone's post as "rubbish".

No he is not dead on.... What does your example have to do with the price of tea in China? Are you suggesting that organizations which promote child abuse are permitted to exist because of "the deforamation of marriage into an absurbity.. by way of homosexual 'marriage'. "? And that this is true because an Attorney General took a long time before deciding not to prosecute?

He said that the inability to prosecute people before they commit crimes stems from homosexual marriage. An attorney general dithering has nothing to do with homosexual marriage. More to the point, an Attorney General would lose their job if they brought charges against someone who has not yet broken the law...

The conclusion doesn't follow from the premise. So here's your homework. Review the Latin meaning of non sequitur.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

So, all the bigamists were prosecuted before the same sex marriage changes?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
So, all the bigamists were prosecuted before the same sex marriage changes?

Apparently, and apparently organizations like NAMBLA only came into open existence after the liberalization of marriage laws too. Before that they were all underground perhaps...or in the closet.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
One of the biggest problems is our inability to enforce the law for everyone. Churches and religious
cults should not have special considerations under the law. All citizens should be bound by the same
laws regardless. Perhaps its time to use the same laws that regulate commercials to apply to those
religious messages. How can the preacher guarantee that souls are being saved, where is the
science to back that up? If one can not make misleading statements in an advertisement how can
the churches make the unfounded statements they do and get away with it? How can they proclaim
someone is healed, when prescription drug companies can't even make such claims?
Same sex marriage has nothing to do with this, that is a smoke screen to enforce the old image of
marriage. Personally I don't think my marriage is worthless or threatened by same sex marriage
and I wouldn't think God is afraid of it either.
We make excuses because it is religion, Jeffs was a preacher, those Catholic and Anglican and
other preachers were men of the cloth. There have been Baptists and New Life Fellowship preachers
guilty of the same sex infractions but under different circumstances. No not all are guilty of anything,
most serve a useful purpose, sometime misguided but useful in society and we should concentrate on
cleaning up the bad ones. We should not give religion or any other group special privileges and
all should live within the same constraints of the law period

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No he is not dead on.... What does your example have to do with the price of tea in China? Are you suggesting that organizations which promote child abuse are permitted to exist because of "the deforamation of marriage into an absurbity.. by way of homosexual 'marriage'. "? And that this is true because an Attorney General took a long time before deciding not to prosecute?

He said that the inability to prosecute people before they commit crimes stems from homosexual marriage. An attorney general dithering has nothing to do with homosexual marriage. More to the point, an Attorney General would lose their job if they brought charges against someone who has not yet broken the law...

The conclusion doesn't follow from the premise. So here's your homework. Review the Latin meaning of non sequitur.

Learn to read.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Learn to read.

Well you said he was dead on. If you feel I've unfairly characterized your possition, then perhaps you should read more carefully before you comment on someone being on the mark.