Regina & Sas'toon top national crime stats

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Regina, Saskatoon top national crime stats

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/regina-saskato ... 30332.html

Regina and Saskatoon continue to post the worst crime statistics among major Canadian cities, according to the most recent report on crime.

"Despite an 8% decline, Regina continued to report the highest index [of crime severity] in the country followed by the other western cities of Saskatoon and Winnipeg," the Statistics Canada report, which analyzed police-reported crimes in 2010, said.

"These cities were also among those with the highest overall crime rates," the report added.

Saskatoon and Regina also had the distinction of ranking second and third in terms of the homicide rate, which considers the size of the community and the number of murders committed.

Saskatoon recorded 10 homicides in 2010. In Regina, eight people were murdered.

The homicide rates for the two cities, were about twice the national average.

--------
What are you doing there Petros??

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What are you doing there Petros??

I grew up in northern Alberta, in a town that bordered a reserve. And yet, I never saw the level of segregation that I see in Saskatchewan between whites and natives. Where populations are segregated like that, there will always be high crime in the population that comes out on the 'inferior' end of the spectrum.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I grew up in northern Alberta, in a town that bordered a reserve. And yet, I never saw the level of segregation that I see in Saskatchewan between whites and natives. Where populations are segregated like that, there will always be high crime in the population that comes out on the 'inferior' end of the spectrum.
I've never noticed any segragation. Just assholes on both sides of the imaginary fence.

The violence isn't inter-racial, it's between gangs. You don't want to screw yourself out of your best customers, you want to eliminate the competition.

Umm if the other link does not work, try this one.

Yahoo! Canada News
How about I just go walk to the store for smokes?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I've never noticed any segragation. Just assholes on both sides of the imaginary fence.

The violence isn't inter-racial, it's between gangs. You don't want to screw yourself out of your best customers, you want to eliminate the competition.

No, the violence usually isn't interracial.... never said it was. It's usually on reserves and between gangs. But, the root cause is segregation. Gangs tend to have a hard time cropping up in mixed neighbourhoods. They tend to arise in neighbourhoods with a predominance of one race or culture, be it our Somali gang problems here in Ed, the Chinese gang problems elsewhere, native gang problems on reserves and in predominantly native neighbourhoods.... the list goes on and on.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No, the violence usually isn't interracial.... never said it was. It's usually on reserves and between gangs. But, the root cause is segregation. Gangs tend to have a hard time cropping up in mixed neighbourhoods. They tend to arise in neighbourhoods with a predominance of one race or culture, be it our Somali gang problems here in Ed, the Chinese gang problems elsewhere, native gang problems on reserves and in predominantly native neighbourhoods.... the list goes on and on.

N.S. is in 4 Provinces... from Black Lake to Thunderbay to Lethbridge and heading into the USA

‪Native Syndicate's 14 19‬‏ - YouTube

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The city cops here work their asses off but in the mean time the RCMP do their city cruiser training in the areas of Regina without the crime so they have no clue WTF to look for or how to interact with the violence and gangs when they end up in rural detachments. The city cops can't do this on their own when inter-gang violence covers all of the Prairies and beyond.

The RCMP need to step up to the plate and start swinging.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The RCMP need to step up to the plate and start swinging.

Police clashes with gang violence doesn't help. It only serves to up the drama and risk factors, and alienate the community these individuals come from. Education, prevention, integration. They're the only measures that truly solve this on a societal level.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Police clashes with gang violence doesn't help. It only serves to up the drama and risk factors, and alienate the community these individuals come from. Education, prevention, integration. They're the only measures that truly solve this on a societal level.
Who said anything about clashes? It's about training. Where do you keep getting the segregation idea?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I don't think Saskatchewan could solve a problem if their life dependent on it.
Saskatchewan has been so indoctrinated into having the government do everything in that province that when their faced with a new problem, all they can do is come up with excuses. Saskatchewan is not the only province with natives.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't think Saskatchewan could solve a problem if their life dependent on it.
Saskatchewan has been so indoctrinated into having the government do everything in that province that when their faced with a new problem, all they can do is come up with excuses. Saskatchewan is not the only province with natives.
You don't get around much do ya?