Wlliam Delivers Royal Polo Asskicking

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
That's good news. It may surprise some people to know that polo is actually a VERY exciting sport to watch. Mexico, Chile, Argentina are among the best at this great sport with Mexico's Gracida brothers probably being the best tandem today even though they are now about 50.

There was talk about making polo a varsity sport in the horse loving state of Maryland but I don't think that happened once the budget cuts started. Too bad - the kids there would have had lots of fun.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's good news. It may surprise some people to know that polo is actually a VERY exciting sport to watch. Mexico, Chile, Argentina are among the best at this great sport with Mexico's Gracida brothers probably being the best tandem today even though they are now about 50.

There was talk about making polo a varsity sport in the horse loving state of Maryland but I don't think that happened once the budget cuts started. Too bad - the kids there would have had lots of fun.
Horses aren't cheap. Damn kids these days are too fat and should run chasing a ball not riding a horse and whacking the ball with a mallet.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
It sounds like Catherine was in a relaxed fashion mood after being in Canada and disappointed some by not wearing a hat.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I notice that they are taking a regularly scheduled BA flight back to London. Wouldn't that be an interesting one to be a passenger on?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I notice that they are taking a regularly scheduled BA flight back to London. Wouldn't that be an interesting one to be a passenger on?
Not really. BA service out of AB to London is ****ty little antique jets. It ranks riight up there with flying Jazz.