South Sudan - free at last

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Today, July, 9, 2011 South Sudan became a free country.

And in all probability war is on the way with the North.

BBC News - South Sudan: World leaders welcome new nation

South Sudan's independence day | editorial | Comment is free | The Guardian
Well I guess I need to update my list on the other thread to 1, 1/2 and 1/2 in regards to an old employer.

If north does attack south it's going to be Christian against Muzzie and very very messy. "The Lost Boys" who fled the southern Sudan will take their revenge and then some.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Well I guess I need to update my list on the other thread to 1, 1/2 and 1/2 in regards to an old employer.

If north does attack south it's going to be Christian against Muzzie and very very messy. "The Lost Boys" who fled the southern Sudan will take their revenge and then some.

The Nuba mountain area is one place where fighting is still ongoing. Decades ago the north would send their best soldiers to practice on the locals. I am sure you can guess what the practice was.

UN says Sudan's army continues attacking civilians - World Wires - MiamiHerald.com

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
After the brutal wars they've endured, the south has every right to fight and secede, but that's not the real solution. The totalitarianism in the Sudan will only get worse. What really should have happened was the overthrow and execution of the north's war criminal government. The north says that the secession will give them more justification to enforce stricter Islamic law there. Further victimizing the people of Sudan and there has yet to be any justice for Darfur.

But anyway, this is still good for the south, if they can create a peaceful, free and democratic state.

So, what will professional busybody George Clooney butt his nose into now/

Any bets on Kurdistan?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
South Sudan celebrates its 1st day

Challenges including border disputes and poor infrastructure face new country

South Sudan celebrates its 1st day - World - CBC News

Fantastic for them. Now the real work begins. This is not the finale...... , it is a vital new beginning ....

So many countries are changing rather rapidly now. A momentum is afoot.