Elderly woman asked to remove adult diaper during TSA search

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Maybe in the future, her family needs to get off their butts and travel to their mother so she does have to go through this again

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I wonder which profile she fit to get a pat down? Geriatric and palliative terrorists! :roll:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes in baby diaper and in incontinence diapers. Do they dip their fingers into colostomy bags and taste it to make sure it's not bomb juice

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
I wonder which profile she fit to get a pat down? Geriatric and palliative terrorists! :roll:

Probably something as simple as unable to provide coherent answers to every question. If the security officers were to look that other way, it would be too easy for a terrorist to drug the hell out of an older lady in order to use them as a pack mule for explosives.

The terrorists are everywhere!

Most paradigms supported this sarcastic comment.......on sept 10, 2001

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Just to clarify.... are CUbert and YJ saying it's appropriate to ask someone to remove their diaper to go through security?

I'm curious where a mentrual pad ranks on the scale of threat. What does a tampon string potentially hide? What if someone decides to wear 'spanx'?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Just to clarify.... are CUbert and YJ saying it's appropriate to ask someone to remove their diaper to go through security?

I'm curious where a mentrual pad ranks on the scale of threat. What does a tampon string potentially hide? What if someone decides to wear 'spanx'?
A tampon string could be attached to a granade pin, don't ya know? I hear it is a very effective birth control device too!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The TSA, in 10 years, has not caught a single terrorist.........the entire security system is a sham, always working to catch the last guy.

I say throw it all out.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The TSA, in 10 years, has not caught a single terrorist.........the entire security system is a sham, always working to catch the last guy.

I say throw it all out.
But how will they be able to invade the lives of the innocent?

TSA, Coming to a Highway Check Point Near YOU!

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg

Just to clarify, karrie: How do you equate CUBert's post with my comment in this thread?

Please, do not include me with CUBert in the same sentence. Unless you must, of course.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie What does a tampon string potentially hide?

It could be a fuse to a stick of dynamite.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The leaders of the TSA are clearly morons. I don't even blame the rank and file employees as they are doing what they are told to do no matter how ridiculous. This NO EXEPTIONS policy needs to be revamped.

And a full diaper on a terminally ill 95 year old woman in a wheel chair could be C4.

The reason why she got the pat down was because they aren't using a profile supposedly.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING. The whole security check system has the flavor of gestapo checkpoints. Nice going "free" america.

How dumbed down can you get??? Brainwashed to the point of rediculous. Seems all your fear mongering has worked best on the US population itself.

Meanwhile , it just reinforces the cruelty that the US engages in........not just via wars......but on its own population.

It is NOT even remotely rational .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
She said security personnel then came out and told her they would need for her mother to remove her Depends diaper because it was soiled and was impeding their search.
Weber wheeled her mother into a bathroom, removed her diaper and returned. Her mother did not have another clean diaper with her, Weber said.

Elderly woman asked to remove adult diaper during TSA search | mother, search, adult - Northwest Florida Daily News

You just never know what kind of tricks these suicide bombers will contrive. :lol: