Teenage Muslim girl stoned to death for participating in beauty contest in Ukraine.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Kiev, May 31 (ANI): A 19-year-old Muslim girl was stoned to death under 'Sharia law' after taking part in a beauty contest in Ukraine.
Katya Koren was found dead in a village in the Crimea region near her home. Her body was buried in a forest and was found a week after she disappeared, the Daily Mail reports.

Koren's friends said she liked wearing fashionable clothes and had come seventh in a beauty contest.
Police investigations revealed that three Muslim youths killed her claiming her death was justified under Islam,
One of the three named as 16-year-old Bihal Gaziev is under arrest and told police Koren had 'violated the laws of Sharia'. (ANI)

Read more

What is the matter with these people?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Muslims stone people. Christians bomb them.

Every religion has its extremists.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Muslims follow a book of hate and the killing of infidels, nothing new here.

Yeah I remember when my muslim neighbours from Saudi Arabia killed me for being an atheist.

No need to point out how idiotic you are when you do such a fine job yourself.

Apologies to RCS for the blatant rip-off. :lol:

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Yeah I remember when we bombed a bunch of civilians for going to a beauty contest.
lf.
Many bleeding hearts sympathize with Muslims, they want them to practice their religion freely because they feel they are such nice people, just following their book, you know !!

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I remember people being killed for being gay or black.

Yup. But most the Christians I know thought that was wrong to. And I'm not a Christian TP, I almost an athiest. For some reason there always has to be a Christian comparison to offset the F'd up parts of the monkey thinking of islamist extremists.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Yup. But most the Christians I know thought that was wrong to.

And 3% of muslims are extremists.

So how is my statement idiotic again?

For some reason there always has to be a Christian comparison to offset the F'd up parts of the monkey thinking of islamist extremists.

You never clarified in your post that you were referring to extremists when you said 'these' people.

It was an inaccurate depiction that needed clarification.

Welcome to the real world.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Welcome to the real world.

Other than the point on top of your head, what's your point?

When Jim Jones killed a bunch of Christians in Guyana I didn't say. Yeah but the muslims do it all the time. When David Koresh burned down Camp Davidian I didn't say Yeah but the Muslims did this.

Why the apology. Why not call it for what it is. Extremist behavior that should be intolerable. Do you apologize because their skin is brown? Or is it because your afraid of them? I don't get it.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Other than the point on top of your head, what's your point?

When Jim Jones killed a bunch of Christians in Guyana I didn't say. Yeah but the muslims do it all the time. When David Koresh burned down Camp Davidian I didn't say Yeah but the Muslims did this.

Why the apology. Why not call it for what it is. Extremist behavior that should be intolerable. Do you apologize because their skin is brown? Or is it because your afraid of them? I don't get it.

You never specified that the perpetrators were 'extremists'. You simply said 'these people'.

So, I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of extremism, you just never made it clear that it was extremism that was the problem.

And if you want a better scope of extremism..

All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t

Europol Report: All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 99.6% that Aren’t

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What is the matter with these people?

Religion.

Did you just make that number up? That's still a lot of extremists, you know.

With 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, that's 45,000,000 extremists. About the population of Ukraine, oddly enough, the country where this murder took place. And significantly more than the population of Canada

Of course, extremist could be on either side of a spectrum of thought, couldn't it? An extremist might be someone who wants to blow himself up at a train station or someone who believes practising their religion is optional for salvation, or something like that. What is the moderate position between the two extremes "death to infidels" and "infidels are just dandy" - the answer: "death to some infidels, others are just dandy!" Moderates are dangerous too ;)

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You never specified that the perpetrators were 'extremists'. You simply said 'these people'.

So, I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of extremism, you just never made it clear that it was extremism that was the problem.

And if you want a better scope of extremism..
http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/terrorism-in-europe/

You see you start out agreeing and then fall back on qualifying. (I don't need the link to differentiate between Christian Extremists and Islamic Extremists) I make no apology for either, but I don't use either to offset the disgusting actions of the other.

When I said these people who did you think I was referring to? Is that an automatic assumption that I am accusing all Muslims of extremism? Of course it is, because that is the world we live in now, [the real world] where people are poised to make judgments based on what group of Neanderthals you might be criticizing and whether they qualify for a comparison.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
If your a Muslim and you support what your Muslim extremist friend is doing, does that automatically make you an extremists as well??

Just asking, trying to get a better definition of an extremist !!

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
You see you start out agreeing and then fall back on qualifying. (I don't need the link to differentiate between Christian Extremists and Islamic Extremists) I make no apology for either, but I don't use either to offset the disgusting actions of the other.

You're a really creative guy to make up complete bullcrap, like the idea that I used christian extremism as an apology for islamic extremism. The point was simply to highlight that extremism was the problem since you didn't specify as such in your OP.

I have no idea why you needed to go so far to call me an idiot and make up a bunch of crap I never said.

Hell, if I had known you would have been this touchy I would have said Buddhist extremists instead of Christians. Or how about Hindu extremists?

Does that make you feel better now?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
You're a really creative guy to make up complete bullcrap, like the idea that I used christian extremism as an apology for islamic extremism. The point was simply to highlight that extremism was the problem since you didn't specify as such in your OP.

I have no idea why you needed to go so far to call me an idiot and make up a bunch of crap I never said.

Hell, if I had known you would have been this touchy I would have said Buddhist extremists instead of Christians. Or how about Hindu extremists?

Does that make you feel better now?

Actually you're the one whose being touchy. I guess my initial question grated on something there. You did exactly what a lot of folks do. Rather than just say. "Yeah what a bunch of neanderthals, you wander in with:

Muslims stone people. Christians bomb them.

Every religion has its extremists.

Your words not mine.

Stepping back and spinning your own words is rather fresh.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yeah I remember when my muslim neighbours from Saudi Arabia killed me for being an atheist.

No need to point out how idiotic you are when you do such a fine job yourself.

Apologies to RCS for the blatant rip-off. :lol:

So move to Saudi Arabia and tell them all about the wonders of atheism.

I'll watch from here.