NATO Air Strike Kills 12 Children in Afghanistan

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
By Jason Ditz
May 29, 2011

NATO attack helicopters launched missiles at a pair of homes in the Helmand Province yesterday, destroying both homes and killing large numbers of innocent civilians inside. Among the slain were two women and 12 children, some as young as two years of age. Six other civilians were also wounded.

According to Helmand’s governor, the strike came when a US Marine base came under fire from unidentified insurgents. There was no indication that the insurgents were near the homes that were attacked, however.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai condemned the attack as “arbitrary and unnecessary” and issued what he called a “final warning” for NATO to stop all air stirkes against civilian areas.

NATO has promised that it will investigate the killings, but their official statement on the incident said only that they fired the missiles after an attack “by insurgents” and that no casualties were reported.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Why am I not at all surprised that they would just bomb a couple of random houses and then deny anyone got hurt. If the people in charge just for a minute stopped believing everybody was stupid they might stop their bullsh*t lies and tell the truth.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
If the scumbags stopped using the general population to hide behind this sort of crap wouldn't happen nearly as much.

Then again consider the source. Jason Ditz.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I would imagine the Canadian led bombings in Libya are using daisies and fruit baskets.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It isn't? Did they relieve the Canadian General in charge and his staff already?

My bad Petros. I must have missed that.
Try this. Find one quote from this "leader" stating how the mission is going. News likes to quote Generals so let me see one.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Who is Bouchard's commander? Does he make a move without first consulting the Pentagoons?

Now, now my friend... don't be moving those goal posts.

You asked and you received. There's no need to get all silly on us now.