War to institute 'Police State' has started!

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Hundreds rally at Texas state capitol building to protest TSA threat to blockade Texas airports

Hundreds rally at Texas state capitol building to protest TSA threat to blockade Texas airports

It would seem the war to impose the federal police state in America has begun. After a unanimous 138-0 vote in the Texas legislature to ban TSA searches that border upon sexual abuse the federal govt has stepped in with heavy handed threats against the state. It is using financial terrorism and blockade tactics to impose TSA screening that includes touching 'private areas' of a person's body against the will of the people of Texas and their elected state representatives.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
All the more reason why X-ray scanning will probably end up mandatory.
I don't like that either. Some recent studies have proven that the machines are giving way more radiation than originally stated and is still basically a strip search. Sniffer dogs, metal detectors and well trained security are more than adequate in my opinion.

If you look at the responses from passengers in some of the recent stories I don't think hijacking or blowing up planes is high on any terrorists list of things to do. The govt is really starting to go too far, TSA at malls and stadiums and even at school proms is over the top.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
More and more people are becoming aware that the true agenda of the TSA is not to make air travel safe (because checking a baby's diapers for poop bombs is not security) but rather to indoctrinate the public into accepting government molestation at security checkpoints
lol

This isn't a conspiracy for molestation.

The government simply wants to have more control and monitoring of its citizens. It's like the Bin Laden thing.. take an isolated event, and then respond with a large scale effort under the guise of threatened security. Meanwhile, if you run your probability number cruncher, it would be so rare to be involved in a hijacking that the whole effort is a complete waste of taxpayers dollars.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Uh... you do realize that flying isn't a right, just a convenience, I hope. When you decide to utilize conveniences fro things like transportation, you are also consenting to abide by the regulations imposed on those services by both gov't agencies and the company running the service (if it isn't gov't run). If you don't like the searches, then travel by some other means.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Try the security in Europe. Much tighter than here.
When I fly I have the right to be sure the person sitting beside me isn't intent on seeing his 72 year old virgin that day.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Try the security in Europe. Much tighter than here.
When I fly I have the right to be sure the person sitting beside me isn't intent on seeing his 72 year old virgin that day.
Take a private flight

Why wold a 'terrorist' blow a bomb when the plane is over water or away from where the debris co8uld collect a few more? Make people (naked for the whole flight) and luggage take different flights. (as if they don't already, the only way luggage can be 'lost' is if the 'luggage flight' gets held up in a holding pattern.

Last edited:

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I don't like that either. Sniffer dogs, metal detectors and well trained security are more than adequate in my opinion.

You don't want them to touch your crotch and you don't want them to see it via X-ray. At some point you'll have to give in because sniffer dogs and metal detectors aren't going to be enough. The well trained security is going to have physically make sure that a bomb is not in your crotch. There's just no way around it.

If you look at the responses from passengers in some of the recent stories I don't think hijacking or blowing up planes is high on any terrorists list of things to do.

It doesn't matter. If terrorists suspected that our guard has fallen they will plan another attack. It's not worth the risk.

The govt is really starting to go too far, TSA at malls and stadiums and even at school proms is over the top.

Have you noticed how incredibly easy it would be to drive a truck bomb onto BC Ferries, detonate and potentially kill 1000 people or more? If anything, here in Canada we need to greatly increase security in certain areas.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
You don't want them to touch your crotch and you don't want them to see it via X-ray. At some point you'll have to give in because sniffer dogs and metal detectors aren't going to be enough. The well trained security is going to have physically make sure that a bomb is not in your crotch. There's just no way around it.
I can guarantee you there will not be a bomb in my crotch, my pocket, my shoes or my luggage. There was a quote from a little documentary on you tube, a woman in england said "I am willing to give up my liberties for freedom". How stupid is that statement? How stupid is that theory? Our liberty is our freedom and I am not willing to give up any of it. I am not willing to show my 'papers' at checkpoints, I am not willing to submit to warrantless searches, I am not willing to get implanted with a chip.

It doesn't matter. If terrorists suspected that our guard has fallen they will plan another attack. It's not worth the risk.
They are planning attacks anyway! If you don't want that to happen then we need to get our military and politics out of their countries.

Have you noticed how incredibly easy it would be to drive a truck bomb onto BC Ferries, detonate and potentially kill 1000 people or more? If anything, here in Canada we need to greatly increase security in certain areas.
Yep, it would be real easy to get a bomb on the ferry. The best way to prevent this is by not making ourselves targets. Then we can keep our freedoms and remain safe.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I can guarantee you there will not be a bomb in my crotch, my pocket, my shoes or my luggage. There was a quote from a little documentary on you tube, a woman in england said "I am willing to give up my liberties for freedom". How stupid is that statement? How stupid is that theory? Our liberty is our freedom and I am not willing to give up any of it. I am not willing to show my 'papers' at checkpoints, I am not willing to submit to warrantless searches, I am not willing to get implanted with a chip.

I would prefer not to give up our liberties as well, but unfortunately on 9/11 those assholes stole a chunk of our freedom. There is a lot of complaints from people who don't want to be frisked and don't want their children frisked. That's why it seems that the mandatory x-ray will be the only reasonable solution. I think its one of those things where you need to pick your battle. Even though you may not have a choice one day, I would certainly speak out against retina scans, fingerprint taking, or DNA collection. But a chip underneath the skin would be where I would absolutely refuse, even if it meant death.

They are planning attacks anyway! If you don't want that to happen then we need to get our military and politics out of their countries.

Not quite that simple even though I wish it was. They hate us and our way of life regardless of our involvement in wars or not. Look at the peace loving Buddhists, they have no military or political action anywhere and yet even they have suffered conflicts with Muslims in places like Thailand and in Afghanistan when the Taliban first took reign. The radicals don't see separate wars here and there like we do, they see nothing but "fronts" in a struggle for global dominance. It doesn't matter if we we're an atheist, Buddhist or Christian country, they hate us and want to see our nation submit to Allah.

Yep, it would be real easy to get a bomb on the ferry. The best way to prevent this is by not making ourselves targets. Then we can keep our freedoms and remain safe.

Same thing, we're a target regardless because their radical ideology is hell bent on destroying freedom and Western way of life. Admittedly we probably intensify the target on our back when we join the fight against them, but I'd rather face them now than at my doorstep later. They really do need to beef up security on BC ferries imo.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

That's all well and good, but you are missing a major point: your rights to do whatever you want end when they start to infringe upon the rights of others. Your right to not want to be inspected does not supersede the right (and responsibility!) of an airline to utilize whatever security measures they deem are necessary to protect their company and patrons. Flying is not an inherent right, anymore than driving is: they are privileges that are regulated by our gov'ts and those who offer the services.

This statement seems utterly devoid of all logic and understanding of humanity. The reasons that others want to attack are dressed in the shrouds of religion and populist politics but at its core, it is jealousy and greed. They want what we have: wealth and influence, and if they can't have it, after utilizing any means at their disposal, they will try to deny it to us. The constant refrain of extremists is that they wish to revisit their pain on those they deem as their enemies: they hurt for whatever reason and they want EVERYONE to feel the same way. You don't deal with that by huddling in your shell like a scared turtle: you have to eliminate the direct threats and help the non-extremists build themselves up so they don't see an appeal in the extremism (and yes, we'll also need to be playing a little nicer with some of the countries that we have been taking advantage of, for the past century or so as well).To that end our (NATO's) strategy for Afghanistan is/was sound, if there is a failing it is in the execution and the willingness of our instant-gratification-oriented public to acknowledge that this is a long term undertaking, not one that can be accomplished quickly and within a defined time frame.

Its easy for insiders of many industries to point out how easy it would be to cripple our economies. Look at what happened in eastern North America a few years ago when the power failed in the northeastern US, southern Ontario and other places. Now think of how things would grind to a halt if that happened again... or if someone sabotaged the oil or natural gas transmission pipelines running the width of the continent... or if someone was able to poison the water supplies/sabotage water treatment plants of a major city. But again the answer isn't becoming turtles: its being good, but strong, neighbours. Not everyone has to like us, but even those that don't need to respect us.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I would prefer not to give up our liberties as well, but unfortunately on 9/11 those assholes stole a chunk of our freedom.
No, you gave it away which is just what any terrorist and our govt both want.

There is a lot of complaints from people who don't want to be frisked and don't want their children frisked.
Do you think its OK to grab a 5 year old's crotch...for security reasons ya know????

That's why it seems that the mandatory x-ray will be the only reasonable solution.
F*ck that too!!!

I think its one of those things where you need to pick your battle.
I think you are right. I pick to battle it before its too late to try. Waiting until they have taken more and more of our freedom makes the battle unwinable. It has to be stopped early.

Even though you may not have a choice one day, I would certainly speak out against retina scans, fingerprint taking, or DNA collection. But a chip underneath the skin would be where I would absolutely refuse, even if it meant death.
These things are already being planned. Why are you waiting to stand against something until it is too late. The more you let them get away with the more they will impose and choosing to wait until you think it is extreme is playing into their plan to roll it out in little bits.

Not quite that simple even though I wish it was. They hate us and our way of life regardless of our involvement in wars or not. Look at the peace loving Buddhists, they have no military or political action anywhere and yet even they have suffered conflicts with Muslims in places like Thailand and in Afghanistan when the Taliban first took reign. The radicals don't see separate wars here and there like we do, they see nothing but "fronts" in a struggle for global dominance. It doesn't matter if we we're an atheist, Buddhist or Christian country, they hate us and want to see our nation submit to Allah.
If you really believe all that propaganda and that a couple of thousand people are going to take over the planet you are as nuts as they are.

Same thing, we're a target regardless because their radical ideology is hell bent on destroying freedom and Western way of life. Admittedly we probably intensify the target on our back when we join the fight against them, but I'd rather face them now than at my doorstep later.
Wow, you really do just buy into all the propaganda don't you? I am going to guess you are still quite young and yet to acquire the skills of cynicism surrounding the govt and globalist's agendas

They really do need to beef up security on BC ferries imo.
If you're that scared don't get on one. I live on the Island and travel the ferry all the time. Never seen any incidents or had any worries. I did see a fight between two drunk 20-something guys once but passengers and staff ended it quick.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
No, you gave it away which is just what any terrorist and our govt both want.

I remember shortly after 9/11 I attended a public event in which I was shocked to see long lines due to thorough frisking at the gate, something they never did before. Did I blame the organizers that day? No, because they were only complying with their responsibility to provide a safe event. It was those 9/11 hijackers who I cursed that day because clearly they were the ones who stole a chunk of my freedom!
Do you think its OK to grab a 5 year old's crotch...for security reasons ya know????

Of course not, that's why you can expect mandatory x-rays.

F*ck that too!!!

I hear ya, but we're going to have to make some concessions.

If you really believe all that propaganda and that a couple of thousand people are going to take over the planet you are as nuts as they are.

But it's not a couple of thousand people! 1 billion muslims and estimates put the radicals(believe in Jihad) at 10 -15 percent, that's approx 100 million assholes!

Wow, you really do just buy into all the propaganda don't you? I am going to guess you are still quite young and yet to acquire the skills of cynicism surrounding the govt and globalist's agendas

I'm 31. I don't it will be possible to stop globalization.

If you're that scared don't get on one. I live on the Island and travel the ferry all the time. Never seen any incidents or had any worries. I did see a fight between two drunk 20-something guys once but passengers and staff ended it quick.

I'm not scared, just can't help but notice what a soft target it is.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
It was those 9/11 hijackers who I cursed that day because clearly they were the ones who stole a chunk of my freedom!
Nah, you're giving it away. If you are going to agree with your loss of freedom and justify it you are giving it up on your own. Do you know the quote from Ben Franklin "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"? I find it quite apt to the position we are in today. I find some humor in how people like yourself keep saying the Muslims want to destroy our freedom and way of life yet you are willing to give it all away because of one event, essentially they are winning.

I hear ya, but we're going to have to make some concessions.
One leads to another and so on......

But it's not a couple of thousand people! 1 billion muslims and estimates put the radicals(believe in Jihad) at 10 -15 percent, that's approx 100 million assholes!
Actually its a few thousand radicals who keep being given all the political ammo they need to recruit more and more. Get out of their countries, stop trying to kill them all, concentrate on the moderates to empower them to take control from within and then we might see progress. Right now every time we kill a Muslim we make a dozen more turn against us. There are better ways to get people on your side than by invading their country and murdering people.